[CARD UPDATED] KBC PPV Contest: NJPW - Dominion
MORE MATCHES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE DAYS TO COME!

[Image: TaMGvx1.jpg]

Dominion is the equivalent to WWE SummerSlam...pretty much their 2nd biggest show of the year. It takes place early Sunday morning on 6/9/2019:

Pacific Time: Starts at Midnight
Central Time: Starts at 2am
Eastern: Starts at 3am

Matches Announced:

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kazuchika Okada © vs. Chris Jericho
[Image: 0609_IWGP_okada_jericho.jpg]

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Kota Ibushi © vs. Tetsuya Naito
[Image: 0609_IC_ibushi_naito.jpg]

NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Taichi © vs. Tomohiro Ishii
[Image: 0609_NEVER_ishiitaichi.jpg]

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino

Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi

Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki)

Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori)

IWGP Tag Team Championship Match:
Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) © vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match:
Dragon Lee © vs. Will Ospreay
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
here will be my crash and burn LOL
I'll wait until the full card is announced before making picks. That being said, I predict Naito vs. Ibushi is gonna be insane.

Jericho’s face make up is so dumb in njpw
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
I think Moxley has a match against Juice Robinson
That's at the show before that, on the 5th I think

Yeah, that match is at the BOSJ finals.
[Image: Chaos.png]

(06-01-2019, 05:20 PM)tehgiftofgab Wrote: Jericho’s face make up is so dumb in njpw
agreed Smile
Thanks to Dangplex for providing the card! Go place your bets folks!
9: Moxley
8: Okada
7: Dragon Lee
6: Kota Ibushi
5: Ishii
4: GOD
3: Kojima
2: Bullet Club
1: Jushin Liger (Yoshi Hashi is shit)
Moxley vs. Umino? That's....unexpected

9 - Jon Moxley
8 - Shingo Takagi
7 - Kazuchika Okada
6 - Suzuki & ZSJ
5 - Ishii
4 - Kota Ibushi
3 - Taguchi Japan
2 - EVIL & SANADA
1 - Dragon Lee

9 - Moxley
8 - Okada
7 - ishii
6 - Takagi
5 - Dragon Lee
4 - Ibushi
3 - LIJ
2 - Suzuki Gun
1 - Bullet Club

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Peezy didn't you say you were gonna do a write-up to give us non NJPW watchers some kind of an idea about what is going on
Two are thrown together with no story.

BC vs Taguchi is thrown together to give them something to do.

GOD vs LIJ is a 3 or 4 year back and forth feud.

Suzuki Gun vs Jushin Liger and YOSHI HASHI is to give them something to do and I guess build Yoshi Hashi up?
Yeah I'll try to write up some shit when I get home

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
9 - Moxley
8 - Okada
7 - Taichi
6 - Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI
5 - Dragon Lee
4 - Ibushi
3 - LIJ
2 - Takagi
1 - Bullet Club
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Moxley vs. Umino - Moxley obviously just won the US title. Umino is one of the Young Lions, but he's on the rise. That kid is gonna be a star in 5 years. But right now, he's still a 22-year-old rookie just starting out. This is the biggest match of his career. Death, taxes, and Moxley winning this match are all equally certain in life but I expect Umino to have an underdog-looking-strong-in-defeat type match.

Kojima vs. Takagi - So Takagi debuted in NJPW back in October and was undefeated until 2 days ago. He went through the entire BOSJ tournament and beat everybody but finally lost to Will Ospreay in the finals. He's incredible. Kojima's dope. This match should be fun and I expect Takagi to win. In fact, I think Takagi is going to keep winning matches until he inevitably has to avenge his one loss to Ospreay.

Liger/Yoshi Hashi vs. Suzuki/ZSJ - Liger is retiring in January and they've spent the last month or two teasing a Suzuki vs. Liger singles match. I expected it to happen here, but I guess not. So we still have that to come. But that's pretty much the story of this match, it's just another step towards building to Liger vs. Suzuki.

Taguchi Japan vs. Bullet Club - It's weird to see Jay White thrown into a meaningless 6-man match considering he was IWGP champion just a few months ago. But they pushed him too hard too fast and I think they're dialing it back now. They're still pushing him pretty hard (he just beat Tanahashi in a singles match 2 days ago). So Jay White is being kept strong. Ishimori is also somewhat protected. Tanahashi is fresh off elbow surgery and his arm being damaged is a big part of his matches right now. Juice Robinson just lost the US title to Moxley but he had a star making performance in that match. And he cut off the corny dreadlocks and is trying to be taken more seriously as a top star instead of a midcard party guy. Not really sure what team is gonna win, but expect either Taguchi or Chase Owens to eat the pin.

Ishii vs. Taichi - *sigh* Man, okay. So Taichi mostly sucks. I really don't understand what NJPW sees in this guy. That being said, Taichi has pretty much only ever had one great match that I've ever seen....and it was against Ishii a few months ago in the New Japan Cup tournament. So this is the rematch. Ishii won the first match. So as far as Taichi matches go, this is best case scenario and if it's anything like their last match, it should be awesome. The only good thing about most Taichi matches is that we get to see Miho Abe (hot ass Japanese chick that comes to the ring with him) but according to her Instagram, she just broke her toes or something a couple days ago and she's on crutches right now, so probably not gonna be there.

Guerrillas of Destiny vs. EVIL/SANADA - Like Dangish said, this feud has been going off and on forever. Much like WWE, the NJPW tag team division is pretty shallow and those are the only two real teams of note, so they always end up back against each other eventually. I don't even know if there's much of a storyline going into this match. SANADA has been on the cusp of breaking through as a top singles star for what seems like years now, but it just keeps not happening. He has great matches, but IMO, he's a charisma vacuum. Definitely solid in the ring, but I just don't see him as a top guy.

Dragon Lee vs. Will Ospreay - The story here is simple. Will Ospreay won the BOSJ tournament so he gets a shot at the Jr. Heavyweight Title, which Dragon Lee currently holds. That's pretty much it. Titles matter in NJPW (well, some of them) and Ospreay had to win an entire major tournament to earn this title shot. Match should be awesome but I have no clue who will win. But I predict Hiromu Takahashi may finally make his return here. He pretty much broke his neck in a match last year against Dragon Lee and word is he's finally ready to return after almost a year out of action. The crowd is going to go INSANE if he comes out.

Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito - They've had 2 matches in the last few months. First in the New Japan Cup and then at the MSG show back in April. Ibushi won both matches (and won the IC title in the 2nd one). So this is the 3rd time they've met. It's hard to say who will win. Naito was the biggest star in the company 2 years ago, but some high profile losses ended up totally derailing his momentum and he's just not as hot as he used to be. A 3rd straight loss to Ibushi won't do him any favors. On the other hand, he's also very banged up and probably needs some time off (especially with the G1 coming up next month). Ibushi as the IC champion is still fresh and new, but Ibushi also has the potential to be one of the top stars in NJPW. Honestly, the IC title seems a little beneath him. I could see him facing Okada for the IWGP title eventually (he's my favorite to win the G1) so if that happens, I assume he'd need to lose the IC title at some point between now and then. But I don't know if it'll be to Naito.

Okada vs. Chris Jericho - this one is interesting. Jericho's AEW contract allows him to work NJPW shows and there's still almost 3 months before the next AEW show that he's scheduled to work. So even though NJPW and AEW don't have a relationship, it's still possible he could win the title and then lose it back soon after. I can't see NJPW allowing him to hold the title while working AEW shows but who knows. Okada is the face of the company and they're trying to make him a legend. And NJPW doesn't usually hotshot their world title around too often. But anyway, no real storyline here. Okada is champion. Jericho challenged him. We have a match. The end.

Thank you Peezy, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

9 - Jon Moxley
8 - Takagi
7 - Chris Jericho
6 - Guerrillas
5 - Kota Ibushi
4 - Liger's Team
3 - Will Ospreay
2 - Ishii
1 - Bullet Club
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
9 - Moxley
8 - Taichi
7 - Okada
6 - Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI
5 - Dragon Lee
4 - Ibushi
3 - LIJ
2 - Takagi
1 - Bullet Club
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
9 - Jon Moxley
8 - Okada
7 - Ospreay
6 - Ishii
5 - Shingo
4 - Suzuki Gun
3 - Naito
2 - Bullet Club
1 - GoD

Might change these up. We shall see.
Who else hasn't picked yet? Only 2 days before the show, maybe should PM those who may not visit every day.

-Chris
-Peezy
-DangPlex
-Rob
-Hitchcock
-Zack T
-User Name
-sanderz1
-tehgiftofgab
-Dakotizza
-Turdy Mcsmutbags
-Opitiplex
-Tim

I think that’s our list.
ill put my picks in this evening
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
I'll do mine tomorrow. Still got a few I'm undecided on
(06-07-2019, 11:51 AM)Peezy Wrote: Who else hasn't picked yet? Only 2 days before the show, maybe should PM those who may not visit every day.

Fuck Em.  They want the belt, they gotta earn it.  The drop the ball, it's on them.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
True but on the same hand, I want it to be sporting. I want my inevitable victory to mean something. I want to defeat everyone fairly.

(06-07-2019, 04:19 PM)Peezy Wrote: True but on the same hand, I want it to be sporting. I want Zack T's inevitable victory to mean something. I want him to defeat everyone fairly.

Thanks Peezy, you're always on point
9. Moxley
8. Okada
7. Suzuki-Gun
6. GoD
5. Ospreay
4. Taguchi Japan
3. Naito
2. Ishii
1. Takagi
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
So far 8 of the 12 participants from last month have entered their picks. Still waiting on sanderz, gab, Turdy and User Name.

Here are the picks so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

If anybody makes any changes to their picks prior to the cutoff time, let me know and I'll make said changes to the doc. Cutoff time is 11:59:59 PM tomorrow night.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]