KBC PPV Contest: ROH - Final Battle 2019
[Image: jENXAag.jpg]

[Image: EK0Sz6xXsAEFGCs?format=jpg&name=medium]
12/13/19 - FINAL BATTLE - BALTIMORE, MD
December 13th, 2019
Baltimore, MD
8:00 PM EDT

I'm trying to give everyone some extra time with this one. I am going to do the same rules as before: Any matches announced day of will only be worth one point each (sorry not sorry Peezy).

Like everyone else here, I am a major ROH fan and cannot wait for their biggest show of the year! Truth be told I don't think I have seen any ROH since the MSG show with NJPW and that was an embarassment. Truth be told, EVOLVE should take over ROH, keep the ROH name, and continue to be a farm system for NXT. Politics aside, this show looks to be a mixed bag. I'm not current with their storylines and don't even know who some of these guys are. One or might be homless from the looks of it.

Remember, you can usually watch live here: http://taima.tv/
Replays here (make sure your adblocker is working and be careful): http://watchwrestling.in/

Anyway, time to make things interesting with the points and maybe shake things up!

Rush vs. PCO for the ROH World Championship
[Image: EKzb4HPWkAU66O2?format=jpg&name=medium]

The Briscoes vs. Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham for the ROH Tag Titles
[Image: EKutyIbX0AICooB?format=jpg&name=medium]

Shane Taylor vs. Dragon Lee for the ROH TV Title
[Image: EKvkkneXUAAT_j5?format=jpg&name=medium]

Bandido and Flamita vs. Marty Scurll and Flip Gordon
[Image: EKzb4HIWsAI0NiA?format=jpg&name=medium]

Jeff Cobb vs. Dan Maff
[Image: EKoR0XEXkAAXPT4?format=jpg&name=medium]

Bully Ray vs. Mark Haskins in a street fight
[Image: EKzb4GeWsAshs1_?format=jpg&name=medium]

Matt Taven vs. Vincent (Marseglia)
[Image: EKzb4FpWwAEFzif?format=jpg&name=small]

NEW MATCH(ES) ADDED:

12/9
Angelina Love vs. Maria Manic
[Image: ELCBuGLWwAEUJi5?format=jpg&name=medium]

MORE MATCHES MAY BE ADDED. Stay Tuned!
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Yeah I have no idea what's happening here. Can't wait to guess my way through this one.

Do the homework for me Chris. In the top 3, who are the current champions? I'm not going to look in to any of the storylines. I'm YOLOing the fuck out of this one and hoping it takes me to that number 1 spot!

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Rush, Briscoes, and Shane I believe.
lot of 'who the fuck are these guys' to me LOL

good bye first place Agag
[Image: 156961414337277625?161568168]
(12-03-2019, 01:13 PM)Rob Wrote: Do the homework for me Chris. In the top 3, who are the current champions? I'm not going to look in to any of the storylines. I'm YOLOing the fuck out of this one and hoping it takes me to that number 1 spot!

anyone but you in first place LOL
i don't need a hill to climb. tumble down the rankings with me LOL
[Image: 156961414337277625?161568168]
(12-03-2019, 02:18 PM)User Name Wrote: lot of 'who the fuck are these guys' to me LOL

good bye first place Agag

-Rush is the guy who started LIJ, good friends with Andrade, and brother of Mistico and Dragon Lee. Arguably the top modern star of CMLL until he quit/got fired recently.

-PCO is fucking nuts. Remember the other Quebecer? Remember that pirate dude that stole Bret Hart’s jacket? This is him. Only now he is playing a Frankenstein character and taking big bumps and wrestling dangerously despite being in his 50’s.

-Dragon Lee is a star in Mexico and Japan. Really fucking good. Arch rival of Hiromu Takahashi.

-Shane Taylor was in a tag team with Keith Lee. Guess ROH kept the wrong one!?

-Jay Lethal was famous in TNA. He was also the longest reigning ROH world champion. Gresham...I know him but nothing about his career.

-Briscoes are ROH 4-Life. White trash to the core. I have always hated them.

-Bandido and Flamita are really exciting to watch. Probably in the top 4 of talent on the roster (Bandido is top 2).

-Scurll is on the way out the door. His contract ended days ago. Flip is Flip. Injury prone and an idiot.

I wanted this contest to help people extend their interest in other areas of pro wrestling so if you want to learn more, you’re on your own for the rest!
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
PCO has always been crazy. He had a fun little run in TNA back in the weekly pvp days as "X." He wore a mask with an X on it and tore through a bunch of X Division guys. He did a somersault sentan onto the runway ramp from the top turnbuckle. His opponent (Sabin I think) moved and he took it back first on the ramp. Crazy bump

PCO is also the guy that worked his butt off advertising and promoting a WWF house show in Montreal back in 95 after WWF had basically killed off the territory. PCO's promoting led to a huge increase in the house compared to what they had done last time they were there.

The main event was the champ Diesel vs PCO and Vince ordered it to end in a double DQ brawl which would lead to a rematch next time they were in Montreal which would have done absolutely bonkers business. Shawn Michaels got wind of the finish, got pissed about it, and convinced Diesel to change it to a clean win with PCO eating a Jacknife. PCO was pissed about it and confronted them and told them "youre gonna kill our business next time we're here and I busted my ass promoting this show." Shawn's response was basically "he's the champ, you take the champ's finish in the middle" then stood behind him where PCO couldn't see him (he's blind in one eye) making faces at him.

The clique got together and decided they were gonna get Vince to fire PCO but Scott Hall talked them out of that because then PCO could go make money elsewhere. So they decided to have Vince keep him under contract but to "starve" him, basically sending him home fir the rest of his contract. Back in those days the standard WWF contract for a year was for 10 dates for around $1500. The rest of their money would be made working ppv and live events. So if you sat at home all year all you would collect is that $1500 downside guarantee. Pretty crappy if you ask me.
[+] 1 user Likes sanderz1's post
Are you saying that PCO is Jean Pierre Lafitte? The fucking pirate? I thought that dude faded in to obscurity.

Win the Day!

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
Yes indeed. He's in the midst of a crazy career resurgence.

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
Wild!

Win the Day!

(12-03-2019, 10:28 PM)Rob Wrote: Are you saying that PCO is Jean Pierre Lafitte? The fucking pirate? I thought that dude faded in to obscurity.

After that TNA run in 2003 he went back to Montreal and wrestled for years in IWS. This was when Kevin Steen and El Generico got their start there. By 2005 they got their first exposure in the States when CZW brought them in along with Frankie the Mobster and Sexxxy Eddie. Those IWS shows were wild and the crowds were almost as big a part of the show as the crowds in ecw were. Nothing like hearing everyone in attendance singing every word to You're The Best from Karate Kid
NEW MATCH ADDED:

12/9
Angelina Love vs. Maria Manic
[Image: ELCBuGLWwAEUJi5?format=jpg&name=medium]
Oh yeah, guess I need to do this...

8 - Flamita & Bandido
7 - Rush
6 - Briscoes
5 - Dragon Lee
4 - Dan Maff
3 - Matt Taven
2 - Angelina Love
1 - Bully Ray

I'll throw down my picks now before I forget:

8-Flamita/Bandito
7-Rush
6-Taylor
5-Love
4-Taven
3-Briscoes
2-Cobb
1-Haskins

EDIT: STOP STEALING MY IDEAS PEEZY!
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Love looks like that trick that killed herself from WWE recently...

8-Flamita/Bandito
7-Rush
6- Cobb
5-Briscoes
4-Taven
3-Taylor
2-Love
1-Haskins
Bully's gf? How dare you!?

/s
Bully's g/f is Velvet