Official AEW Dynamite Thread
https://twitter.com/youthcrew88/status/1...3725267968
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
I'm perfectly okay with Ryback never going to AEW

[+] 5 users Like Peezy's post
Heads up tonite is a simulcast on trutv because baseball may preempt dynamite
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
Anti-AEWers (everyone but me and Hitch on SFU) will eat that up. I would comment on it over there but apparently they didn't pay the electric bill.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Hahahaha.....YES!!!! BASEBALL IS GAYER THAN THE WESTMINSTER DOG SHOW!!!!!!

In all of your collective faces fam.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
But is it gayer than tennis?
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
That was a awesome match. Tag team Wrestling is gold if you do it the right way.
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut
(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.
Fun stuff but hard to top. I am ok with the Bucks being eliminated early but I don't want them kept down for too long...same with Kenny.
Jericho with a shit promo...he needs a writer. Called The Elite "All Elite." Claims his group are the closest men to him ever.

Save Us Vince!
Shots fired.

WhatsherAsiantits looks like Fattie Mercury.
man that bump Mox just took, fuck.
I must have missed the bump.

I did not care for the lights going out and Cody showing up...that isn't him. That has also been done what...3 times now in AEW and they have only had 6 or 7 shows total?

I'm ok with the faces standing tall. Darby coming down on a skateboard was pretty cool or at least different. They could really make him into a star...someone younger kids and teens would really get into.
Pretty solid show. I think my biggest problem is lack of emotional attachment to most of the roster. But that will come. JR keeps getting better.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Hitchcock's post
I guffawed when JR was all like "What was that?" And they had to explain it was the time elapsed/time remaining announcement. Jim Ross is not a good actor. He tells stories like an old grandpa would (Even when he was younger). When he said that, it sounded like a genuine "what the hell was that noise?" remark, not at all like he was subtly leading one of the other announcers to explain to the viewer what was happening.
We can nitpick all we want about AEW but for my money I have enjoyed every bit of it; especially when compared to WWE. Maybe it is the Honeymoon phase but I'm really excited for the growth of this company and look forward to watching it every Wednesday. I just hate that NXT was the sacrificial lamb that got chosen to go head to head with them. Not because of the ratings but because I don't think it's fair that their most enjoyable product that's brand new to network television has to have that pressure right away.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Obsidian's post
That opener was awesome with a holy shit ending.

I thought Jericho's promo was great.

Britt is so fine, but Riho has my heart. This is what a Women's division should be, great wrestling. Not just barbies.

Jimmy and Darby are so different and that's a good thing.

Mox and Spears was a fun brawl. Loved the story with Pac wanting to know where his title shot is.

Main event was good and I'm really liking Adam Page. Dude is getting better. Not quite a bonafide main center yet but he's getting there

Post match shenanigans were fun and I love that they actually built towards Darby's shot next week
[+] 2 users Like sanderz1's post
GEE WHAT A SURPRISE. the hype is officially over and TNA part 2 over here is just as bland as expected.

LOL @ those ginger soft chairshots to the gut and back from colt cabana jr.
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes Sal Undy's post
I pretty much agree with everything sanderz said.

^^^^^
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut
(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.
Me too
Here ya go Chris[/b]vc[b]here ya go chrus[/b]
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
I liked the Adam Page/Barry Wyndham comparison that Schiavone made too. Not sure why I didn't see it that way before.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Schiavone has been outstanding in his role. I guess I just remembered him from the dying days of WCW, where he clearly didn't care and was barely trying.

But the whole AEW commentary team has been fantastic together so far. They're actually making the 3-man booth work.

[+] 3 users Like Peezy's post
Yea JR has his slip ups but has been picking it up too imo

I don’t like there’s an Adam Cole and an Adam Page, one must go!
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
I liked Schiavone, but hated Zybysko and Mike Tenay.

Ugh....
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
I think JR's biggest problem the last couple years was just "ring rust" from doing so few shows, as well as he just didn't know the guys and their moves. With a weekly gig, he's shaking the rust off and he's going to be more confident as he gets to know all the guys. When he was doing those NJPW shows, it was clear he didn't know who half the guys were, and the other half he barely knew anything about.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
(10-10-2019, 06:28 PM)Hitchcock Wrote: I think JR's biggest problem the last couple years was just "depression" and "alcoholism."
(10-09-2019, 10:27 PM)Chris Wrote: I guffawed when JR was all like "What was that?" And they had to explain it was the time elapsed/time remaining announcement. Jim Ross is not a good actor. He tells stories like an old grandpa would (Even when he was younger). When he said that, it sounded like a genuine "what the hell was that noise?" remark, not at all like he was subtly leading one of the other announcers to explain to the viewer what was happening.

To be fair when he said that, Justin Roberts voice was barely understandable on TV too. It even took me a second to realize what that was. Later time announcements were more clear.

Overall, solid show. It feels like they're getting way better about commercial break timing (Honestly each time they went to commercial break during a match, it felt smooth). The camera work is getting even better, and the commentary team is gelling well.

Young Bucks vs Private Party was quite good. I felt it was an odd choice to spend 2 or 3 minutes just having the commentators talk, THEN go into a video package to hype the match before finally getting to the entrances. Felt like we burned 7 or 8 minutes at the very start of the show just sitting around waiting, and I imagine that was worse for those in attendance. But once we got to the entrances, everyone was all in. I've been saying ever since the brackets were announced that Private Party's gonna pull off the upset win and they did, and I loved it. They looked legit, and Young Bucks aren't hurt at all by this loss. They'll be tag champs sooner or later and I'm sure they'll have something to do in the meantime (Like deal with the Inner Circle/LAX). I don't think Private Party are gonna win the tournament, but this win went a long way to establish them as a team to take seriously.

Darby and Havoc was a good little match, it served to prove to us that these guys can actually wrestle without getting all extreme. Havoc still managed to go extreme with his biting (what a jerk), and Darby endured plenty of punishment as he does. I love that flip over stunner he does. Figured Darby would win this match as Darby vs Jericho makes more sense than Havoc vs Jericho does, and it was good. First time I've seen the Coffin Drop successfully executed, it looked good.

I rather liked Jericho's promo, it served to introduce us to all those guys and you gotta remember that this is still a fledgling promotion. Those of us who've watched all the AEW shows up til this point know who Sammy is, but I'd only heard of LAX beforehand. We all remember Jack Swagger but that's not who Jake Hager is anymore. I really liked how Jericho handled the "We The People" chants and shut that crap down. I think Jake was struggling to contain his smile. (JAKE HAGER CORPSING? BETTER SEND FOR THE MAN)

Enjoyed the Women's tag match, I love Emi Sakura for her gimmick. But the wrestling was good too, and I especially like the intensity between Bea and Britt. Riho is full of fire as always. Matches like these help mask AEW's women's division problems...in that they still don't have much of one. But at least now their roster is at least as deep as Raw or Smackdown's was around 2016's draft. May or may not remember, but each show basically only had 6 or 7 women on it. Smackdown for example had a 6 way SD Women's title match around September 2016 and it was literally every woman on their roster. So we're getting there. At least the few women they do have are much higher quality wrestlers.

Moxley and Spears was good. I was hoping Omega would interfere and cost Moxley the win but I suppose it makes sense that Kenny wouldn't help Spears win after what Spears did to Cody. Leads me to be somewhat worried for Shawn Spears cause he's 0-2 now in singles competition in AEW despite this revamp/heel turn he's gone through and getting Tully Blanchard to accompany him. Loved PAC on commentary. Him not saying much and just stewing was perfect for him, and when he did say things, it made sense and you could just feel his bitterness and anger as he spoke. Quite excellent.

Main event was solid, I figured Jericho/Sammy would win. I just don't see Jericho taking a loss to anyone for awhile, but I'd imagine his first loss might possibly be in a tag match (especially if he doesn't get pinned). But on this night, him and Sammy get the win. The match itself was real solid, I loved the back and forth of it. I really appreciated commentary talking a lot about the experience of Rhodes and of Jericho and it translated well in the ring too. The interference was mostly well done by Jake, although that last clothesline he illegally nailed as he ran through the ring led to the referee sort of seeing it...he looked over his shoulder and I think he could see Jake exiting the ring but he definitely couldn't see the actual hit so who knows. Minor note, fans and commentary didn't seem to catch it so it doesn't matter. The post-match shenanigans were great, though it felt like we kept reaching a conclusion only for it to add more and more. First was when Cody finally came out and attacked, then left laying. Could've ended it there, but then MJF ran down and did his stuff (which was a great tease by the way, I love how they keep teasing him to betray Cody and he keeps on NOT doing that), could've ended it after Jericho hit the Codebreaker on MJF, but then the Young Bucks came out and took the ring. COULD HAVE ENDED IT THERE, but then Darby Allin came skating down the ramp and olley-kicked into Jericho (which was absolutely awesome), and we finally end after Jericho gets in the last word. I REALLY liked Darby Allin getting the last physicality in, because Jericho completely ignored him/Havoc in his promo earlier in the night like he wasn't even thinking about those guys, and honestly I wasn't thinking about Darby either as we went through this whole main event and post-match stuff. But Darby getting the last shot in reminds us, HEY, someone else is gunning for Jericho, don't forget about Darby! - That's good booking right there.

Good stuff. AEW continuing to do well and improve.
I’m going to disagree and say that your ear is untrained to the time limit. Growing up watching wrestling, especially with the tv title, you got really used to hearing that...it’s like a part of you. I could hear that under water and know what it was. What drives me nuts is that Justin Roberts is doing a Gary Michael Cappetta impression every time he does it. Gary was his mentor but they sound nothing alike.

https://youtu.be/8UnmVBperpc
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
(10-11-2019, 10:59 AM)Chris Wrote: I’m going to disagree and say that your ear is untrained to the time limit. Growing up watching wrestling, especially with the tv title, you got really used to hearing that...it’s like a part of you. I could hear that under water and know what it was. What drives me nuts is that Justin Roberts is doing a Gary Michael Cappetta impression every time he does it. Gary was his mentor but they sound nothing alike.

https://youtu.be/8UnmVBperpc

I’m going to disagree and say why would anyone’s ear be “trained” for a time limit. When is the last time that was a thing on a national stage???
Here ya go Chris[/b]vc[b]here ya go chrus[/b]
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Well If we’re talking about Jim Ross, I’m sure he’d remember. Still, I’m guessing he just couldn’t understand Roberts. Sometimes you hear stuff but because you are thinking of other stuff or not paying full attention, you don’t understand it.