Official Wednesday Night NXT Thread
Wasn't that because PBR threatened them? I can't remember.

I believe so, like design/copyright infringement issues if I remember.
So Jordan Myles is going full scorched earth on the company right now:

https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/118...6727577605

Exposing one of the WWE's office people and encouraging fans to email him themselves
https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/118...2570823680

Hard to argue this one:
https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/118...7238457345

He also tweeted something earlier about "Fuck ROH too" and said they don't give black people a chance other than Jay Lethal and called Lethal an Uncle Tom, but he deleted that one.

This shit is getting messy.

Also, David Starr has been chiming in and kinda tying this to how WWE talent is mistreated, underpaid, etc.

https://twitter.com/theproductds/status/...90053?s=21
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/...8685677568
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/...3465972743
https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/...5473951745

And now this:

https://twitter.com/5Deuce4Tre7/status/1...35266?s=20

BURN IT DOWN!

This is amazing btw. Although I feel like ACH is a pain in the ass to deal with and would probably be one of those people that cries about things not being fair no matter what changes are made. It has been my experience that those same people don’t make the best choices either when put in a position of power.

Whatever. This is gonna get good.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
This probably eventually will catch on, but given that Jordan has only had like 4 matches on NXT so far, it might not get as much traction. I've seen articles on FB from the wrestling pages I follow posting articles about this and the comments section is full of people going "WHO IS JORDAN MYLES?" "I watch NXT and I don't even know who Jordan Myles is lol"
I didn’t know who he was. I knew that I knew who he was but couldn’t remember who they gave that name to. This is one reason I hate WWE changing peoples names.
I'm honestly more interested in the other NXT discontent. Guys not getting raises and shit. David Starr has been fighting this battle for awhile. I wonder if, in a couple of years, we might be looking at him as the guy who spearheaded the movement to actually get wrestlers unionized.

Yeah he was ACH on the indies/ROH. Tiger Dark in NJPW

I legit hope they have a unionization or some kind of roster strike.

WWE feels like it’s building towards some kind of implosion, between bad creative and overbooking/overscripting, Vince working people into the ground and being a mad man, and now these pay issues and accusations of racism from someone who probably ain’t gonna quietly let it go.
(10-28-2019, 12:16 PM)Peezy Wrote: Yeah he was ACH on the indies/ROH. Tiger Dark in NJPW

Thanks for the update, Dangplex.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
Uh....yeah, not to sound like an asshole, but "not seeing it" or saying he's overreacting is exactly the issue lol. I saw that shit instantly. Not because I'm looking for it, but because I have a sensitivity to that shit like many others. It's pretty undeniable. He had every right to be upset.

As for the approval process - who knows...but I remember Randy Orton making a comment once about having no idea that there were certain merch items with his likeness on them.

Having said that, this dude seriously derailed whatever fucking efforts he was trying to make with the Jay Lethal shit. Now everyone has turned on him and it's his own fault.
[+] 2 users Like Dr. Mario's post
I'm dreading tomorrow's Observer Radio episode. There's no way Meltzer doesn't talk about this for 20 minutes without putting his foot in his mouth somehow.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
(10-28-2019, 12:57 PM)Dr. Mario Wrote: Uh....yeah, not to sound like an asshole, but "not seeing it" or saying he's overreacting is exactly the issue lol. I saw that shit instantly. Not because I'm looking for it, but because I have a sensitivity to that shit like many others. It's pretty undeniable. He had every right to be upset.

As for the approval process - who knows...but I remember Randy Orton making a comment once about having no idea that there were certain merch items with his likeness on them.

Having said that, this dude seriously derailed whatever fucking efforts he was trying to make with the Jay Lethal shit. Now everyone has turned on him and it's his own fault.

This guy gets it!

There have been other interviews I have heard too where guys have said they didn’t know they had merch or even that their merch wasn’t being sold. It’s a very shady operation at times where it isn’t simple miscommunication but rather low key manipulation.

And to add to the Good Dr.’s point, you do not need to see something as being offensive to understand that others do. You do not have to agree with why it is offensive to understand that it is better to use corrective action instead of turning this into a bigger issue. And no, that isn’t catering to PC culture nor is it being overly sensitive. That is a cost/benefit and risk assessment analysis that should take about 2 seconds.

The fact that this made it through so many channels is baffling. But yeah, ACH can move along; he isn’t going to be good for WWE, he is clearly ok with burning other bridges and using his own racist points of view, and as incredible as he is, there are 50 guys who are better.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
So I get when everyone saw it on white it probably looked fine. But the minute someone put it on black, there should have been a conversation before it went up online
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
AEW: 759,000
NXT: 580,000

Should be higher next week.
Was there another thing they were competing with?
I think game 7 of the World Series
Only 20 million people watched that.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Looks like we're getting Bullet Club (Styles, Balor, & OC) vs. Undisputed Era vs. Team NXT (Gargano, Ciampa, Riddle, Lee) at War Games.

If so....holy shit.

I seriously forgot what it's like to be this excited about wrestling again. Both of these Wednesday shows are incredible.

I am kind of meh on that War Games match...only because Cole is injured and Gallows and Anderson are on autopilot, and AJ probably won’t do anything crazy at this stage of his career.
Cole has been doing pretty awesome this past week for a guy that's injured. It's just a hand. He'll be fine.

Hell of a hand, really.

Also, hands are important for wrestling. That is just science, Dan! I wish they would protect him and let it rest instead of having him wrestle multiple big matches.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
(11-07-2019, 11:27 AM)Chris Wrote: Hell of a hand, really.

*Tye Dillinger intensifies*

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
[Image: brotherlove1122-t-82d5.png]
Jesus christ I just watched NXT today and what a fuckin show. I honestly think I liked NXT just a little bit more as an overall package this week, but it's still really close.

Fuck man if we get Bullet Club vs Undisputed Era vs Team NXT, that'd be something wild. Though, I'm not liking the idea of having 2 War Games matches. I thought it'd just be the ladies getting one this year and that worked better in my head. But all the same, good stuff.

Tony Nese powerbombing Angel Garza's pants off was one of the single greatest spots I've ever seen in my life. I love Angel Garza. I think out of all the breakout tournament participants, he's the one who's gone furthest in getting over so far. Though, Isaiah Swerve Scott is starting to make moves now. That match with Dominik was fuckin good.

I still am not totally sold on Damian Priest but I'll admit, this match was really really good. I absolutely LOVED the ending too, all of it, even the post match stuff. God damn.

Keith Lee pouncing AJ Styles into the ref was absolutely wonderfully timed. Seriously, I didn't see that coming because everyone seemed to just naturally move into place at the right time and it just sort of happened and it worked.

Dakota Kai still edging closer to beating Shayna Baszler. I dunno if she'll be the one to do it anymore, but I'm still thinking that my prediction from all the way over a year ago about her being the one to finally dethrone Shayna may be true. Then again, she might just get a win for her soul after Shayna has already lost the women's title, much like Roderick Strong got over Bobby Roode...

Yea, seriously, just a really fucking good show from top to bottom.
Dakota Kai looks like baileys retarded cousin and even with that said I can’t tell which is better looking
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
I'm bored at work again, so what's that mean? Long write up reviews of this weeks AEW AND NXT!

NXT started off with FIRE as the OC invaded NXT. I loved it, I loved seeing AJ Styles in NXT and I loved the way they carried themselves, like they were above all of us. Luke Gallows grabbing a random production worker at ringside and throwing him into the steel steps right in front of AJ was great, as AJ looks at it and just has this facial expression of "Sucks to be you, guy". This led to Tomasso Ciampa coming out and I loved the consistency here - Tomasso said that he has no problem with the OC kicking Adam Cole in the face, but if they want to plant their flag in the NXT ring, he's got a problem with that. Another great line he had was that for years, people had been asking him when he was finally going to go to the main roster and now he wanted to take this opportunity to welcome AJ Styles and crew to the main roster (Meaning NXT is the main roster, if you didn't catch that). It was just a nice way to elevate NXT. Matt Riddle and Keith Lee come out to show solidarity for NXT and we've got our main event set. AJ Styles vs Tomasso Ciampa or Matt Riddle? SIGN ME UP.

First match of the night is a rematch between Damian Priest and Pete Dunn, and this was excellent. Really good pacing, excellent psychology, crisp execution. I've said before that I'm not sold on Damian Priest because I just can't really figure him out, there hasn't been much to latch on to his character with yet (Similar to the Dark Order in AEW). But he's continuing to slowly win me over, and this match helped. I particularly loved the ending, I thought it was so well executed and smartly designed. Dunn grabs Priest's arm like he's gonna go for the finger snap, Priest backs himself into the corner with the referee caught between the turnbuckle and Priest and Priest tries for a low blow kick again, but Dunn blocks it and delivers one of his own, THEN snaps Priest's fingers. I LOVED the continuation of their last match, the play on that finish, Dunn learning from the past and I felt this was a great way to hand Damian Priest his first loss and not hurt him one bit. I also really appreciated how Damian was selling after the match, he kept putting his hand on his crotch as though he were in pain, kept doing things like saying "DAMN IT" and slamming his fist on the mat in frustration - it really added a sense of realism that he would act pissed off about losing, because...well, it sucks to lose. I also liked that when Killian Dane came out to attack Pete Dunn that Damian Priest tried to do the typical heel thing and join in the beatdown, but inadvertendly pissed off Dane since he pulled Dane off Dunn just so he could beat Dunn down himself. This led to Dane headbutting Priest, and later Priest trying to get revenge but ultimately getting beat up by Dane some more outside the ring - BASICALLY, everything about this chain of events felt like it made sense and I loved that.

Dakota Kai had a nice interview backstage, simple and effective. This was followed by a women's match of Taynara vs Santana Garrett. I initially thought this was a match for Santana Garrett to establish herself, but it was actually for Taynara! Hooray! She's got some fire and spunk and I love her move-set. I think she's gonna be someone to keep an eye on.

I did find it odd that Shayna didn't choose Jessamyn Duke or Marina Shafir to be on her team for War Games. You'd think she'd pick 2 of her closest allies, but I guess she knows they suck.

Anyway, another women's match with Shayna vs Dakota and this was quite good. I think it was early last year that Shayna "broke" Dakota's arm and I've said ever since then that I think Dakota might be on a long story arc like Bayley or Johnny Garganno went on to establish themselves as champion, and that she'll be the one to finally conquer Shayna Baszler. I could be wrong, she might not win the title, but I could still see her finally getting the moral victory much like Roderick Strong got over Bobby Roode after Roode lost the NXT title to Drew McIntyre. Anyway, excellent match, lots of fight from Dakota Kai and it told a great story - This is the 3rd time Shayna's faced Dakota Kai 1 on 1 on NXT TV if I recall correctly and while Shayna has won each time, Dakota's performance has improved each time. Match 1 saw Shayna break Dakota's arm and Dakota entered that match ultra intimidated. Match 2 saw Dakota try to stand up to Shayna after returning from her arm injury and while she did do better, she still wasn't able to push Shayna to the limit. Match 3, it's quite clear that Dakota rocked Shayna pretty hard and damn near beat her.

I was surprised to see Mia Yim run down for the save during the post match fight segment, I kind of forgot about her to be honest and it seemed like she was being written down based on her recent performances. But she was on fire here, and Rhea Ripley ends up giving her the 4th slot for War Games in a backstage segment later on in the evening, which resulted in Dakota Kai dejectedly just walking away from everyone. Ouch. More fuel for Dakota's fire, though. Good stuff overall, though I do still think it's a bit odd that Shayna is gonna team with Io and Bianca, given that both of them have made it quite clear recently that they want to beat Shayna for her title. On top of that, 1 more person still needs to be added to team Baszler and I'm not sure who it'll be. I think Dakota Kai is a dark horse possibility, maybe to show Rhea Ripley that she would've been a better pick than Mia Yim, but that's unlikely. But if not Dakota, then I'm not sure who. Taynara maybe? Jessamyn or Marina?

Tony Nese and Angel Garza fought for #1 contendership to Lio Rush's Cruiserweight title and I just love everything about Angel Garza. I love his appearance, I love the way he carries himself and his presence, and I love his ring work. The only thing I don't really like is his finisher, it's awkward as hell and I don't think it fits him. But otherwise, he's great. Good solid match that had Angel making fun of Tony Nese for awhile early on, and then one of the single greatest spots I've ever seen when Tony Nese powerbombed the pants off Angel Garza...literally tearing the pants off him and powerbombing the pants and nothing else. It's on WWE's youtube if you didn't see it, just go watch it, it's amazing. I was thrilled that Garza won the match, and I loved that he slapped the taste out of Lio Rush's mouth when Rush came out to congratulate him afterwards. Angel Garza only debuted a couple months ago in that Breakout Tournament but I think he's gone the furthest out of all 8 of those guys in terms of getting over already.

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott vs Dominik Dijakovich was surprisingly good. I expected Swerve would get some offense in, but I thought this would ultimately be a match for Dominik to look strong in. I was wrong. This was a great example on how to elevate both opponents even though 1 wins and 1 lost. Swerve looked amazing, executed breathtaking moves, and had tenacity that made me genuinely believe he was gonna upset Dominik. Even when he lost, it was only just barely and I loved how Dominik caught him. Side note - They showed 2 or 3 little video promo packages as they came back from commercial breaks, I remember seeing them for Angel and for Swerve and someone else. I really like those, it's helpful when trying to establish new talent.

Main event time, OC vs Ciampa/Lee/Riddle. I love how this started off, with a big fight and craziness. We got to see AJ square off with all 3 of his opponents at some point during this, and it was a lot of fun. I was expecting the OC to get the win here over Lee or maybe Riddle, but I am also fine with the match just being thrown out. The finish was absolutely excellent though - Keith Lee pouncing AJ Styles into the referee for the ref bump was amazingly well timed and executed. Normally, I see a spot like that coming from a mile away because everyone will begin moving into place in a somewhat obvious way. However, this time it happened so naturally that I didn't even realize what was about to happen until the ref went flying and I was like Embarrassed Well done. Matt Riddle nearly killed himself when he tried for his dive over the ropes and didn't quite clear it, but thankfully he's ok. Finn Balor coming out was freakin perfect, Bullet Club reunion there and it made sense. Adam Cole coming out was very surprising but I also loved it because AJ had been calling him out and Cole hit both AJ and Tomasso because he hates both those guys. Absolutely perfect. Rumor is we might get the OC + Balor vs Undisputed Era vs Team NXT (DIY/Lee/Riddle) in War Games. I think that's probably true, although I'm not a fan of us having 2 war games matches in a single night. I thought the women were gonna get it this year, which would've made more sense seeing as the Undisputed Era has all the gold and putting them in War Games means no title matches, but I guess we're gonna go that route anyway. I'd guess we'll get an NXT UK title match at War Games just so we can have a title match, cause literally every other NXT Champion will be involved in a War Games match. But at the same time, that helps ensure there's no spoilers related to Survivor Series plans. After all, all the champions are supposed to be facing Raw/Smackdown champions there too and if we book Undisputed Era to face Viking Raiders and Revival in a Raw/SD/NXT triple threat tag match, it kind of takes the wind out of the sails of any other tag title match any of those teams might have because we know they're gonna win, otherwise they wouldn't advertise the match in the first place.

Anyway, amazingly solid NXT this week, even more so than usual. I believe I liked NXT better than AEW Dynamite this week, but only just slightly. They went neck and neck in ratings this week as well, Dynamite narrowly winning at 822,000 viewers to NXT's 817,000 or so. Exciting times!