Ric Flair v. Becky Lynch
Ric Flair Threatening Legal Action vs. WWE for Becky Lynch's 'The Man' Gimmick
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2852...uOCeXyx0Mv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yT5rDEBgfI

Wrestling legend Ric Flair said he's filed a trademark application for the term "The Man" and is trying to work out a private agreement with WWE for its continued use by Raw women's champion Becky Lynch before considering legal alternatives if the company isn't willing to pay him for it.

Flair told TMZ Sports in an interview released Thursday that he's discussed the situation with Triple H, a longtime wrestler and current WWE executive, but they weren't able to reach a financial deal.
What a fuckin' carny

The man gimmick is retarded any way and was never needed to get Becky over.

Kinda hope Sasha wins the title at this point.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
"The Man" gimmick was huge in getting Becky over.

It's like saying Austin would have gotten over without Austin 3:16. Sure, he probably would have, but it was still a massive part of it.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
that old melty faced racist needs to die already ong
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.
Vince is more done with him than he is Hogan.
(09-05-2019, 03:07 PM)Obsidian Wrote: The man gimmick is retarded any way and was never needed to get Becky over.

Kinda hope Sasha wins the title at this point.

Huh
Here ya go Chris[/b]vc[b]here ya go chrus[/b]
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(09-05-2019, 03:13 PM)Peezy Wrote: "The Man" gimmick was huge in getting Becky over.

It's like saying Austin would have gotten over without Austin 3:16. Sure, he probably would have, but it was still a massive part of it.

The chip on her shoulder, attitude edge, beating the shit out of Charlotte after the match, broken nose pose, going after Rousey;etc were def all Austin like and were all fun to watch during her peak moment. Now, I don't know. I just feel like she's a fan friendly gf of Seth Rollins that just happens to be women's champ. It's just kind of lost its luster and does nothing for me. Austin 3:16 20 years later is still regarded as one of the highest trademarks in pro-wrestling right next to Hulkamania.

I was actually referring to the phrase "The man". It's been redundant and been used by every top superstar out there since Flair. I understood why they would try to use that to push Becky and all but I still believe they could have found something a little more unique and original than that. That's also another major difference between that and Austin 3:16.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
She's talked about it. In fact, she actually talked about it just this week on that show with Austin that she was on.

It wasn't something "they" came up with. She called herself "the man" in a tweet and it just blew up. They started seeing signs at shows for it and shit so she just ran with it.

As for her character losing its luster now, I mean, yeah. Welcome to WWE booking.