► Official Raw Thread
Nothing wrong with saying you're gonna knock someone's teeth down their throat, though. Better than saying "I am going to win. I am going to go to (insert PPV name here), I am going to give it my all, and I will WIN back MY (insert title here)".
Yeah but at the same time, what an incredible insult the dick remark would have been and it would have been one of the things WWE has been missing (the slightest bit of edge; not Adam nor hogg).
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
And 1 day later the Bayley heel turn is already a failure

What a waste
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Raw
Is
MSG

First time in around 10 years I believe. Last I heard it wasn't close to sold out and Smackdown was even worse. But hey, Stone Cold will be there tonight and Undertaker will be there tomorrow.

Also we gotz Rey Jr. against Gran Metalik. Take THAT AAA...or was it CMLL? Fuck, I can't recall. Also, KOTR, 24/7 Title, and MOAR!
Been a mostly decent show.

Lol @ the crowd doing the wave now. In MSG. Vince probably not loving this.

I listened to most of the show but watched very little. The stuff that I saw and heard I was not impressed with. Corbin winning. TV time wasted on Lacey and Natalya. The OC being made to look stupid. Dolph and Rude randomly offering to help. Sasha and Bayley losing pretty clean to Becky and Charlotte (this isn’t all bad other than it is at the start of two larger pushes). I only caught the middle of the Mysterio match. They focused mostly on Rey almost getting his neck broken.

It was nice to hear the crowd a bit, see Steve, and the Firefly Funhouse was different this week so not all bad.
Dolph/Roode do have a tag title match against Seth/Braun so it's not THAT random, they see an opportunity for a beatdown and have a "Common enemies" situation with the OC against Braun/Seth, so I can buy it.
Fair enough. That is something I had totally forgotten about and when you’re not paying attention, it makes even less sense.
Apparently the KOTR was supposed to lead to the winner challenging Seth for the Universal title. Originally, Drew was scheduled to win the KOTR. But then The Fiend sold insane amounts of merch over Summerslam weekend and the WWE is seeing $$$ signs and hotshotting him into the Universal title picture, probably gonna have him win it at Heck in a kek.

Not sure how I feel about that honestly. For starters, it's gonna make the KOTR look meaningless. Apparently Vince changed his mind about winners less than an hour from showtime Smackdown last week, choosing Elias and Gable because he thought everyone expected Andrade and Ali to win. Yay for meaningless swerve booking.

But I mean, now it looks like the finals will be Baron Corbin vs either Elias or Gable (Probably Gable) and then what? If Gable wins, he's been booked like he's getting lucky fluke wins this whole time so if he wins the tournament with another one, it won't do him much good. And if Corbin wins, people hate him already and he's not about to win the Universal title, so what's he gonna get?

Meanwhile, I love the Fiend, but it feels like it might be too soon. Apparently he was originally planned to feud with Miz, have his puppets going after Miz's daughter or something. I would've loved to have seen this. I worry that being Universal champion may actually hurt the Fiend character by over-using it.
This is why I just don’t read anything anymore. I just let it happen, I realize it probably won’t be great but at least I won’t know what’s happening.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
I agree. I try to avoid spoilers cause I'd rather live for the moment like Matt Hardy version 1.0

But I do read rumors here and there. All of this stuff could be ever-changing, so who knows. As referenced already, plans can change fast.
Bray might be the ONLY reason I have any care of tuning into Raw. They've been in need of this kind of a character for quite a long time.

Smackdown should learn from this and use Aleister Black in a similar manner.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Raw was ok...not much to talk about. The graphics being upside down was amusing. Corbin won KOTR which means the tournament did absolutely nothing for anyone. They didn’t even have him celebrate or anything...I assume it is so they can do a coronation next week.

Did not care for the back and forth name exchange involving Kane and Glenn Jacobs.

Sasha Banks with yet another terrible promo. Becky in what seemed to be a pre-taped segment which aired after the in ring segment?

The Bray stuff is fun but less is more. They shouldn’t have had a full awkward minute where he just crawls up to Seth followed by another full minute of generic creepy VHS effects.
Botchamania for sure. Renee: Have these been upside down this whole time? *Cole and Corey awkwardly try to ignore her question and move on*

Corbin's coronation is tonight on Smackdown, they said that on Raw, PAY ATTENTION CHRIS

The back and forth of Glenn Jacobs and Kane was silly. I did appreciate having him come out as Kane only to be taken down by Bray Wyatt. At first, I forgot Bray was probably gonna show up and I just was like "I mean I like Kane but what's the point of having him come out here and stop the OC if he's not wrestling?" then Bray came out and I was like "Oh there it is, perfect". I loved the way they had the Fiend attack Kane, and how you could see him stalking Kane right behind him. Very good. Also crawling over to Seth, I liked that. My main complaint is that they need to stop with that creepy stringed instrument noise whenever the Fiend comes out. Or at least, play it for a few seconds and then stop. Playing it on a loop for so long takes away from the ambiance and turns it annoying. I agree with Chris too, the ending VHS thing was cool but went on WAAAAY too long. Would've been good at 10 or 15 seconds, not...however long it was. Felt like a minute.

I guess we're gonna eventually get Rey/Dominic vs some people, as the commentators made a point of talking about that being the reason why Dominic was talking Rey out of retiring. Probably cause Dominic forgot to say it himself, not sure. KIND OF SELFISH HUH? "Don't retire yet dad, I want you to be my tag partner". But I also get it, it'd be rad as heck for him. Also did anyone else notice Cesaro doing a weird modified GTS? Like he caught Rey, flipped him around for a minute like he was gonna press slam him, but then came down in GTS fashion?

Corbin winning the KOTR at this point was probably the best option. I laid out my opinion in full earlier but basically it seems like the KOTR winner ends up doing dumb shit, posing with the crown and calling themselves King for a long time and going real 80's campy with it and honestly, I didn't want that to happen to Gable or anyone else besides Corbin. Let him engage in that stupidity, it won't matter for him.

Man I thought Sasha/Bayley and Bliss/Cross was a title match. I was so excited when Sasha won, thought I had new champs on my team. But no. Non-title match. Well, fine. Leading us to Sasha/Becky in HIAC though and I am definitely down for that.

Supposedly Paul Heyman is high on Cedric Alexander and wants to give him a good slowburn push. I'm all for that, Cedric's great. But I'm not sure that losing clean to AJ at Clash and then losing clean to AJ on Raw and then losing the post-match beatdown to AJ again is a good way to get him going. I mean it's good for him to get to share the ring with a talent like AJ, but I feel like it'd make more sense and help Cedric more if AJ were cheating in some way to beat him.

I don't know what the point of a "Tag Team Champions Summit" would've been, beyond a way to get 4 guys out there for Braun to run through.

They did specifically mention that there will be no more wild card rule after this upcoming draft, so that's good.

I do hope the draft involves NXT just a little bit. Mainly I hope a couple people go to NXT. There's the rumor that Kevin Owens might go to NXT now that he's been "Fired" by Shane. I'm not sure there's much to that. I kind of think that it wouldn't make sense, because he's supposed to be a kind of badass face and it's not very badass to accept being fired by the boss you're feuding with and go somewhere else. But I hope they move a couple people over to NXT and leave it at that. I dunno that I'd move anyone off NXT right now, probably not, they need to keep most of their talent. Triple H has talked about thinking that 205 Live fits better with NXT so I wouldn't be surprised if they essentially fold 205 Live into NXT moving forward. That's probably the best thing for all those guys.

Hopefully they don't draft Finn Balor at all and let him return from his vacation to NXT, revitalize him down there. That'd be freakin dope.
(09-17-2019, 09:51 AM)Zack T Wrote: They did specifically mention that there will be no more wild card rule after this upcoming draft, so that's good.

Until ratings are down and Vince panics again.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
I'm really really REALLY hoping that AEW at least gets close enough to Raw/Smackdown in ratings that Fox/USA start hammering Vince to improve ratings, just so we can see what kind of wild shit happens.

Best case scenario: NXT and AEW are neck and neck in ratings, but both of them beat Raw/Smackdown, which leads to Fox mostly (and a little of USA for RAW) pressuring Vince to change Smackdown/Raw to be more like NXT because clearly that's what the audience wants.

Worst case scenario (for WWE): AEW beats their shows in the ratings, including NXT, which means Vince swoops in and tries to "Shake things up" and get hands on in NXT, thus ruining NXT and exacerbating the problem instead of fixing it because now NXT is just like the failing Raw/Smackdown. Then everything goes even wilder.
Honestly, probably the best thing for WWE, even ignoring AEW, would be to have someone running each brand separately, and just let them do their own thing. Sorta like they've already been doing with NXT, and they've pretended to do with Raw/Smackdown.

Just let each be its own product, with different booking, style of production, and style of wrestling.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
(09-17-2019, 09:51 AM)Zack T Wrote: Supposedly Paul Heyman is high on Cedric Alexander and wants to give him a good slowburn push. I'm all for that, Cedric's great. But I'm not sure that losing clean to AJ at Clash and then losing clean to AJ on Raw and then losing the post-match beatdown to AJ again is a good way to get him going. I mean it's good for him to get to share the ring with a talent like AJ, but I feel like it'd make more sense and help Cedric more if AJ were cheating in some way to beat him.

Following up on this, there's a story I've seen that apparently Vince wanted to bury Cedric at Clash and on Raw. No reason given as to why. Could be just BS, but it could be true. If true, I wonder why? Because he's small? Or because he "just doesn't see anything" in him?
Oh yea, did anyone else hear Corey Graves say that Mike Kanellis was a beta cuck, or was that just me?
Yuuuup. "Beta cuck" uttered on Raw. What a time to be alive.

Can you just change his name to Beta Cuck on my roster over in the fantasy thread?

thnx

I really should have dropped him by now but I keep having this feeling that the storyline is going to end up with him getting a push.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

For real though... I hope that Mike is getting blowies multiple times a day for going through this storyline.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Maria's pregnant, he must've been getting some action and hopefully still is.

Unless Rusev is the baby daddy.