I can't be the only baseball guy here.
They just spent a bunch of 1 year contracts this year to try and remain competitive but not tie themselves down with any long term deals that might prohibit getting Trout. Now that they locked down Trout, they will try and spend some money over the next two off seasons. Kind of hoping Gerrit Cole is a target next season. And Pujols finally falls off in 3 years if he doesn't retire before that out of shame.

Angels minor league system has come A LONG way over the last couple seasons. and have Jo Adell who is a top 10 minor leaguer right now, and in some lists ranked #2 behind Vlad Guerrero Jr. With Adell and a few other solid prospects coming up soon, along with a decent core with Trout, Simmons, Ohtani and Upton, we just need to start investing in some pitching and keep up with developing the minor leagues. I think locking this deal down now lets the Angels fully commit to a plan now.

From what I heard from Buster Olney, was that Trout was pretty involved with the minor leaguers to the extent that he follows box scores nightly and would speaking to our GM wanting more information about certain players and request their phone numbers to call them after big games and also offer advice. Seems like the minor league system played a role in his decision to stay. Either way, Mike Trout is a saint for getting involved with the youngsters which is crazy because he's still only 27 himself.
The Twins are destroying the ball. I love to see it.

Even though the Jays are trash I’m enjoying that they’re playing their young kids. The future could be bright my friends.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Have yall seen the report about tampa wanting to split the season between tampa and montreal with both cities building new stadiums?

Like what the fuck? This is one of the most absurd ideas Ive ever heard. Why would anyone in Tampa bother being a fan that leaves town half way through the year?
[Image: 6bjNXMu.gif]
As a Canadian fan I love it
If anything they should just move to Montreal full time and become the new Expos if they can't get a new stadium in Tampa, they might be better off moving there either way. Florida has failed miserably at supporting their baseball teams.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Montreal would support them even when they weren't winning.

Can't say the same about Tampa in any sport.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
The Marlins have won 2 World Series in the past and still can't get any support for shit, they did get a new stadium not that long ago though so they're probably safe.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

If montreal was such a great baseball town whyd they lose the expos?
The stadium was awful and outside of the city.
Is it though? It a zillion times closer to downtown Montreal than say Yankee stadium is to downtown New York or Wrigley is to downtown Chicago.
Well they left because they couldn’t get agreement to build a new stadium
Glad to see america isnt the only nation where taxpayers are held hostage by sports teams
[+] 2 users Like kush's post
(06-21-2019, 09:52 AM)kush Wrote: Is it though? It a zillion times closer to downtown Montreal than say Yankee stadium is to downtown New York or Wrigley is to downtown Chicago.

Wrigley is in the Northside. Pretty close to Downtown. About 3 blocks from Lakeshore which is like the heart of Chicago.

You're thinking of Comiskey. That was on the South side. Cellular Field is still on the Southside too.
I thought downtown Chicago would be down where the willis tower is. Guess not lol.
(05-16-2015, 05:35 PM)M.6.R.6.D.6.R Wrote: Where's the Baseball-alos? Godamn. There's some exciting ball being played right now all over the league, records being broken, good shit. And there's not one conversation about baseball right now? For shame!

Baseball is boring as hell
More like BOREball rite
[Image: 3DUOW0l.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post
Wow. Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs found dead at 27.
Yeah. It's been a shitty day here. Been an Angels fan all my life and seeing Adenhart pass away 10 years ago was a gut punch, not any easier 10 years later.
What a derby. Best one in years, if not ever. 91 Homer’s and still lose?? Alright then
No one caught the Angels game yesterday? One of the best baseball moments in recent history. Kinda gave the same feeling of when Dee Gordon hit that HR after Jose Fernandez's death
[+] 3 users Like Sam Sanchez's post
It’s actually crazy. Very very cool
https://twitter.com/i/status/1149912918500286465

Hearing Kelly Nash starting to choke up while talking to Trout kinda hit me yesterday too.

And so did everyone laying their jerseys on the mound immediately after the game. A fucking no-hitter and scoring 13 runs. Couldn't even script this better.

[Image: D_VVc3LXoAAkrbP.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Sam Sanchez's post