Nick Diaz wants fight with GSP
He'll have to start passing his drug tests first before he can think about it
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Diaz would bring it, punches in bunches. I can't recall in recent fights a fighter that actually tried pressing a fight with GSP.
(05-02-2011, 08:45 PM)TacK Wrote: Diaz would bring it, punches in bunches. I can't recall in recent fights a fighter that actually tried pressing a fight with GSP.

Matt Serra
[Image: funny-gifs-dope-zebra.gif]
I said recent fights

edit-I know it was just 3 years ago but seems like forever. Fitch, Penn, Alves, Hardy, Koschek, & Shields since.
Shields held his own for the last couple of rounds and the sad part is that it's no big secret that Shields isn't the greatest striker but still about broke GSP's nose, gashed his eye and actually left him a little bloodied. That's more than others in the last 4 years can really say.

GSP fools people into thinking he's a great striker because he lands the majority of them but outside of Kos who generally sucks against guys with any stand-up his striking doesn't really hurt anyone. He is effective, yes but I wouldn't call him a great striker per-se.
Shields purposely open eye poked GSP, and it was clear that it had a big effect on GSPs striking game and defense as well. And even after doing all that he still couldnt win. LOL

You could tell how big of an issue it was because GSP kept telling his trainers he couldnt see, he couldnt see out of the eye but the fight had to go on. He knew he was having a big issue and Shields still couldnt make it happen. It would not have been a decision if GSP had both eyes, those jabs that sent Shields flying backwards everytime he came with it proved that.
[Image: camsolo.jpg]

gsp got busted up on his left side, same side eyeball gsp couldnt see out of cause of shields eye jab. sounds like diaz would take the fight if its offered by dana instead of his stupid boxing match he prolly gonna lose. either way it will probably be a loss cause gsp will grind the shit out of him and probably be able to get a cut stoppage from gnp
[Image: niceoutdoor.jpg]
He didn't win because GSP is miles above everyone else in the Welterweight class and most of MMA for that matter and Shields was practically forced to stand the entire 5 rounds.

I thought Shields did ok holding his own for going up against a guy who everyone knew he didn't stand a chance against with/without the eye poke. If GSP jumps weight class, Shields should easily dominate that division.
i think fitch would be able to hang with shields
Good match-up but I still give the edge to Shields.

Shields is the best fighter I've seen in on the back positions since Royce Gracie.
theres probably a few ww's in ufc who would win again shields, kos would probably even have a pretty good chance
nick diaz is the fuckin man i Heart him and nate specially him though
i enjoyed seeing nate get suplexed. they are both quite entertaining tho
Nick is good but there is a reason he has been in the bottom 3 of the top 10 for the last 3 years. I see it being another case of fool's gold where people think that because Nick has had entertaining slugfests in the past that it's going to be the same case with GSP.

I see it being a pretty slow fight if it happens. GSP just isn't a finisher. Dan Hardy (a barely top 10 guy who ranks probably just below Diaz) should have got demolished by a guy with GSP's skills yet the fight was absolutely horrid and GSP had him locked in an armbar for an entire round and Hardy didn't look phased at all. I understand not being able to finish guys like Fitch, Shields, Koscheck, BJ Penn but guys like Hardy are basically given to GSP with the intention of steamrolling and yet he couldn't. I don't see a fight with Diaz being more "entertaining" than his recent fights. Nick's too slow on the feet and if GSP takes him to the ground he'll just eat punches and elbows.

Plus if there's any implication of the last time Diaz fought anyone mediocre (Noons) it went all 5 rounds.
gsp could possibly get a stoppage due to cuts if he takes diaz down and pounds on his already fucked up face
It's sad that he is the #2 p4p fighter in the world and the last fight that we saw him truly finish was Matt Serra 3 years ago.
i really dont understand how that is a big deal, he is crazy dominant and pretty much all the ppl silva puts away come at him if they dont he doesnt finish. majority of gsps fights the other fighter doesnt come at him really...he is still young too i imagine he will get stronger and better
nick diaz is the truth. how you gonna talk about stopping fights when the other argument is GSP. nick diaz doesnt go into fights looking for judges decision, i dont think the same about GSP

p.s. im sad to see nate get fuckin worked last fight. thats not the nate diaz i stand behind
i think diaz is a great match up for gsp. he has great ground skills. and good enough stand up to stand with gsp. i think it would be a great fight cause safe gsp wont wanna take him into diazes domain which is actually his ground game but diaz will have no problem standing and trading with him so i think its a great match up
gsp would take diaz down for sure
yeah but diaz is on par with shields with his ground game so im not so sure if he took him down a couple times and got into any real trouble if he would continue to do it.
(05-02-2011, 09:30 PM)Funktastic Wrote: gsp got busted up on his left side, same side eyeball gsp couldnt see out of cause of shields eye jab. sounds like diaz would take the fight if its offered by dana instead of his stupid boxing match he prolly gonna lose. either way it will probably be a loss cause gsp will grind the shit out of him and probably be able to get a cut stoppage from gnp

[Image: 2505du1.jpg]

[Image: 2lkz6tx.jpg]

(just posted these in ufc 129 thread, oh well)