Sony To Announce New PS3 Exclusive at the Spike VGAs
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1135955p1.html

All it is just an announcement to an announcement, but its fun to speculate.

By the sounds of it, it sounds like it's a whole new game, meaning not a sequel to a game that is already on PS3. It could potentially still be a sequel to a PS2 game, like Kingdom Hearts, or maybe just an official announcement to Sly Cooper 4 which has only been teased.

Or, I guess it could be Uncharted 3 or other sequels to already established franchises.

If it's a whole new IP altogether, I would love a very solid and creepy survival horror game.
They need a cooler flagship character, Crash Bandicoot just ain't cuttin it.
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

(11-20-2010, 07:33 PM)Sal Undy Wrote: They need a cooler flagship character, Crash Bandicoot just ain't cuttin it.

There hasn't been an official Crash game since the PS One.

How's Nathan Drake or maybe Kratos?

That said, Crash is awesome.
Uncharted 3 will be out 2011. My cousin is working with the studio making it.
[Image: cknKCJx.png]
WHO'S YOUR PLUG?
~ STASHPAG.ES ~
(11-20-2010, 08:50 PM)MAC Wrote: Uncharted 3 will be out 2011. My cousin is working with the studio making it.

Yeah....2011 makes the most sense, as it fits Naughty Dog's pattern for Uncharted. Uncharted 1 was 2007, part two was 2009, so 2011 would be right on schedule. Uncharted 3 technically could be the big announcement, since it hasn't been announced yet, but we all know its coming, so I'm hoping its something else.
Toe Jam And Earl 2.... MIND = Blown !
Spyro.
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
be awesome if they announced a revision to the move that made it more then just a shitty wii clone,or maybe some move games that werent epics balls of fail

i still want a new suikoden game though
A new Move Bushido Blade game would be sweet, I guess
I'm still hoping they'll have an announcement about GTA5 dropping in 2011
[Image: gloczupsig.png]
[Image: Newfyrulez.png]
effing Sony has all the prestige in the world but they could never produce a compelling mascot.

Spyro, REALLY??
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

Lol it'll be them saying there a new Sly :D

Its on the Sly collection.

Which is awesome btw! Had never played them before.
[Image: 8t1rzi1.gif]
(11-21-2010, 01:26 PM)Death_Proof Wrote: Lol it'll be them saying there a new Sly :D

Its on the Sly collection.

Which is awesome btw! Had never played them before.

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping its not that, since we know it's coming already, though I would definitely love to see a lot longer of teaser if it does end up being Sly 4.

PS3 already has a pretty lengthy list of already announced and confirmed titles coming within the next year or two, it's actually pretty impressive. Off the top of my head:

Gran Turismo 5 (in a couple days)
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
SOCOM 4
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
LittleBigPlanet 2
Agent (whenever it comes)
Killzone 3
The Last Guardian (Ico & Shadow of the Colossus follow-up)
Twisted Metal
Yakuza 4

and then Uncharted 3 and Sly 4 which haven't been announced officially but everyone knows they are coming. Might have forgot a few, but this list has me pretty excited for the next year or so, or whenever they all end up being released.

I'm curious what Sony plans to add to this list.
My penis should be the new Sony mascot
Tons of random guesses being tossed around over at IGN, here's a few of the interesting ones mentioned:

Uncharted 3 (the obvious one)
Left 4 Dead coming to PS3 (though I don't know where "exclusive" part one come into play here)
Infamous 2 Multi-Player (I'm hoping its not this, because I'd rather it be a new game, rather than a feature)
Sly Cooper 4
Crash Bandicoot Reboot
Kingdom Hearts 3
Agent (Rockstar's new PS3 Exclusive Game)
Metal Gear HD Collection
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ratchet & Clank HD Collection
New God of War
Jak & Daxter 4
Starhawk (new Warhawk)
Sony Santa Monica's new IP (post God of War)
a new game/franchise altogether

Or something related to Valve, or something that's not a game at all, but like a hardware change or a price-cut. The latter would suck, unless you don't already own a PS3. I think the safest bets are probably Uncharted 3, or a Sly 4.
It'l be the new Sly.

It makes sense, it's a casual game. In FACT, dollars to doughnuts, not only is it the new Sly game, but I have a feeling it'll be centered around the Move technology.
Well someone from sony fucked up and posted this today.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-reveals-...8252.phtml

Also it looks more likely to be Uncharted 3.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-unchart...8253.phtml

I love me some Uncharted!
[Image: 8t1rzi1.gif]
Yeah...Uncharted 3 is what I would bet my money on as well. The only reason I would hope it to be something else, is because we know Uncharted 3 is coming for sure regardless, though I would LOVE to see some official footage or gameplay. If it is Uncharted 3, I'm hoping its more than just a 30 second teaser. Same thing goes if its Sly Cooper 4.

I would love to see a brand new game as well, but I don't think they would hype this up for something that people weren't already familiar with. But so far, it seems 2011 belongs to Sony with I think Gears of War 3 being the only big name XBOX title on schedule
Actually Uncharted 3 makes sense. It's pratically Sonys biggest franchise these days, announce it to all the casuals.
MGS HD collection would be nice. Playing the trilogy with MGS4 controls would be pretty fucking cool. Don't toy with me!

It would be a bit lame of them to rehash the trilogy AGAIN though. How many more releases do we need?
(11-23-2010, 01:38 AM)Max Bedroom Wrote: MGS HD collection would be nice. Playing the trilogy with MGS4 controls would be pretty fucking cool. Don't toy with me!

It would be a bit lame of them to rehash the trilogy AGAIN though. How many more releases do we need?

Yeah, that, a Ratchet & Clank collection, a Jak & Daxter collection, and a Silent Hill collection are probably at the top of my HD Collection Remaster Wishlist from Sony. I'll be very happy with one or two of those for next year. Hopefully they pick up the slack on the those collections, they released God of War last year, and Sly this year. And I guess you can count the Prince of Persia collection though its only a PSN release here in the U.S.

They'll have to start cranking out about 3 of those remastered collections each year to please everyone's wishlist.
mass effect 3? i thought that was a microsoft exclusive.

and sony's mascot should be solid snake. if kojima wasnt such a turd we should have seen new mgs games for the ps3 by now. and i wouldnt get too excited about a re-release of the older games. i have the ps1+2 playback on my ps3 so a re-release does nothing for me.
Mass Effect, much like Dead Rising recently are no longer Microsoft exclusives. Mass Effect 2 comes to PS3 in January and whenever Mass Effect 3 drops, it would be multiplatform.

Left 4 Dead is rumored to fall next with Valve and Sony's new friendship.
Yep PS3 Has steam capabilities now, so expect to see Left 4 Dead on the PS3 VERY Soon. Mass Effect 3 as well will be on PS3. The days of exclusive franchises are very much coming to an end. Any reamining ones will probably stay that way (i.e. halo on microsoft, uncharted on sony) but I doubt we'll see many new ones at all.

Though the "Agent" game for PS3 only still has me intrigued to what that's all about.
(11-26-2010, 12:52 AM)yaholic Wrote: Yep PS3 Has steam capabilities now, so expect to see Left 4 Dead on the PS3 VERY Soon. Mass Effect 3 as well will be on PS3. The days of exclusive franchises are very much coming to an end. Any reamining ones will probably stay that way (i.e. halo on microsoft, uncharted on sony) but I doubt we'll see many new ones at all.

Though the "Agent" game for PS3 only still has me intrigued to what that's all about.

Actually, all the exclusives that have been ending have all been pretty one sided, meaning it's Microsoft losing their exclusives to Sony. Unless you count Metal Gear Solid Rising I suppose. It seems the only remaining franchises that are untouchable for Microsoft are probably Halo, Gears of War, and Forza, I believe.

Bungie is going multi-platform, but Halo stays with Microsoft. Sony's Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank and Resistance) are also going multi-platform, but those franchises are sticking with Sony. Sony seems to have quietly took over in the exclusives category it seems, which continues hugely next year. Also, yeah, I'm very curious about Rockstar's exclusive with Agent. Also, L.A. Noire looks awesome, though not an exclusive. Hopefully both live up to Rockstar quality work.
L.A. Noire looks amazing. I'm so pumped. I LOVE Adventure games, and the thought of Rockstar making one makes me...just...crazy.

You know Rockstar must really be the best developer in the world. Who has a better track record then them? Even the Midnight Club series, though not my thing, is an enjoyable racer. Just every game is a hit. I assume L.A. Noir will keep up with that.

Microsoft defiantly has been hit harder. I still don't get them to be honest, they have a HUGE chip in Rare. I'll be the first to admit Rare hasn't made shit in years, but really when have they been given a chance? They did the conker re-make which was awesome, Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo were launch titles, it's hard to create hits on those, then to be frank, Viva Pinata wasn't bad at all, it was out there but I enjoyed it. Then they re-assigned them and basically done jack shit.

They have some HUGE franchises avaible to them, I would DIE for another Conker game and a Killer Instinct game on Kinect? Forget about it, that's just too amazing. Yet Microsoft has them working on stupid things like Kinect Sports. I just don't get that one at all.
When I read "Left 4 Dead" and "coming to PS3" I thought my head was gonna asplode. If that happens, it will be my favorite day.
(11-27-2010, 11:53 PM)Mikekind Wrote: When I read "Left 4 Dead" and "coming to PS3" I thought my head was gonna asplode. If that happens, it will be my favorite day.

It's very a much a possibility that it will end up happening, just not sure when. Most gaming websites are pretty much assuming its a sure thing, just waiting for Valve and Sony to announce it. This specific Sony announcement though, probably won't be regarding Left 4 Dead though, because I don't really see where the "exclusive" part comes into play if it is. Unless there's some exclusive content for the PS3 versions, but I'd so we could probably rule out Left 4 Dead in this specific case.

Didn't really want to create a new thread for these, and considering they are VGA Announcement related, thought I should mention here:

Rumor: new Resident Evil will be unveiled and previewed at the VGAs. No confirmation that its going to be Resident Evil 6, or just a spin-off Resident Evil entry. Hopefully its Resident Evil 6 and hopefully they return to the horror part of survival horror. I enjoyed Resident Evil 5, but its definitely more of just an action game.

Rumor: This one is actually likely related to the Sony Exclusive Announcement. There is a rumor that the new Uncharted 3 will take place in a desert environment. Tons of interesting potential if true. I'd imagine it would have something to do with Egypt and pyramids and stuff. Just not sure exactly how they will incorporate all the platforming in that location, but I'm intrigued and excited regardless if true:

Quote:According to an “informed source” that’s been whispering in the ears of eagle-eyed bloggers Kotaku this week, Naughty Dog plans on packing cocky hero Nathan Drake off to the desert for his next adventure in Uncharted 3.

Sadly that’s about all the site could squeeze out of the source on the matter, though it’s worth pointing out that this is the same folks who previously let slip that the game will be unveiled at Spike’s 2010 Video Game Awards on December 11.

Previous Uncharted games have included locations such as South American jungles and the Himalayas, so a desert setting seems like the next logical step if Naughty Dog are attempting to keep things fresh.

Stay tuned for more news on Uncharted 3 as it breaks.

http://www.psu.com/Rumor--Uncharted-3-to...174-p0.php
Uncharted 3? fuck yeah. Platinum trophy #3 here i come!
[Image: omp5tczw98ky.gif]
(11-30-2010, 12:29 PM)Koolaid Wrote: Uncharted 3? fuck yeah. Platinum trophy #3 here i come!

Yeah, I just hope they could continue improving the series, though it'll be damn tough to surpass Uncharted 2.