Really, WWE? REALLY?
Quote:WWE will be releasing a DVD called the "Top 50 Superstars of All Time" and The Wrestling Observer has revealed that Shawn Michaels will be revealed as the #1 superstar of all time on the release. Rounding out the top 10 includes Michaels, The Undertaker, Steve Austin, Bret Hart, The Rock, Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Andre the Giant, Rey Mysterio and Roddy Piper.

Here is how the full list looks from 1 to 50:

1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio.
10. Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H
13. Gorgeous George
14. Randy Savage
15. Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes (tied)
19. Edge
20. Jerry Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan
24. Bruno Sammartino
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley
34. Kurt Angle
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. Billy Graham
39. Jake Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund
48. Rick Rude
49. Batista
50. Killer Kowalski

No Sting, Kevin Nash, Goldberg, Ultimate Warrior, etc? Rey somehow in the top 10? Hulk Hogan, by far the biggest draw of the 80s and early 90s buried within the mid-20s? Batista and Randy Orton making the list?

This list is a complete joke.
[Image: mk7s79.jpg]

I hate you all.....seriously
I'm fine with that list.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

John Cena over Chris Jericho? Jerry Lawler over Chris fucking Jericho?
[Image: uTt1eS9.png]
I'm just happy that Cena didn't make top 10
I think this list is overall. Contributions to the industry and such. Yeah, Hogan made the WWF a name in the 80's and 90's....but his post-nWo days(the first time around) are a disgrace.
Hogan needs to be above alot of those people, yeah he wasn't great technically, but he made the WWE.
- Can't argue with #1 at all.

- Randy Orton absolutely belongs on that list. He's been a main eventer and major star for the last decade. He's been on top a lot longer than people like Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg ever were. Ultimate Warrior doesn't belong on any best of list.

- Word @ whoever said this list is probably a combination of ability and overall contributions. With that said, as much as I don't like him, Hogan absolutely needs to be in the top 10. Ditto for Flair. Both of them got screwed, but hey, Vince isn't gonna truly honor people who are in TNA.

- Like I said, overall contributions and Lawler might have been before most of our time, but he was a major star in his time. People tend to forget that, before Hulk Hogan and Wrestlemania took wrestling mainstream in 1985, Lawler and Andy Kaufman did it in 1982. I think both Lawler and Jericho should be higher than people like Curt Henning and Gorgeous George.

- As for Cena over Jericho...overall contributions again. It's a business. Drawing money matters and Cena has been the new Hulk Hogan for the last 7 years or so. We all like Jericho, but there's been no denying who the face of WWE has been in this modern era.

- I'm shocked Mysterio made it over HHH. Weird.

I could go on all day.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
I love the fact of Austin being number 3.
(11-13-2010, 11:15 AM)Peezy Wrote: - Can't argue with #1 at all.

- Randy Orton absolutely belongs on that list. He's been a main eventer and major star for the last decade. He's been on top a lot longer than people like Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg ever were. Ultimate Warrior doesn't belong on any best of list.

- Word @ whoever said this list is probably a combination of ability and overall contributions. With that said, as much as I don't like him, Hogan absolutely needs to be in the top 10. Ditto for Flair. Both of them got screwed, but hey, Vince isn't gonna truly honor people who are in TNA.

- Like I said, overall contributions and Lawler might have been before most of our time, but he was a major star in his time. People tend to forget that, before Hulk Hogan and Wrestlemania took wrestling mainstream in 1985, Lawler and Andy Kaufman did it in 1982. I think both Lawler and Jericho should be higher than people like Curt Henning and Gorgeous George.

- As for Cena over Jericho...overall contributions again. It's a business. Drawing money matters and Cena has been the new Hulk Hogan for the last 7 years or so. We all like Jericho, but there's been no denying who the face of WWE has been in this modern era.

- I'm shocked Mysterio made it over HHH. Weird.

I could go on all day.

Macho Man over Hogan..lol
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

Yeah that's insane. He's a better wrestler, sure, but overall, Hogan did 1000x more for the business than Macho.

Interesting to see them rate Macho so high though, considering Vince supposedly hates him.
The fact that Angle and Foley are so low is kinda shocking.
[Image: PackersCoach_FistPump.gif]
List is a joke to me. Some of them I can't argue with, like Michaels being #1 is totally reasonable. Austin below Taker? Get the fuck out of here. Hogan at 23 is a joke, but like Peezy said, the TNA thing doesn't help. Hell, even Taker above The Rock doesn't sit well with me.
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

I'm fine with the list overall. It's impossible to make a Top 50 list without ranking people where they perhaps shouldn't be. If they came out with a "Top 10 Superstars" DVD, I bet it would be different than the top 10 we see here.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to how they justify Mysterio being in the top 10.
Yeah, I'm actually suprised with the list, it's much better than I expected.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

Edge is not more deserving than Jake Roberts
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

Eh, again....Edge has won, like, 10 world titles. Jake = none. Jake was really only around in WWE for about 7 or 8 years and was never really more than upper-midcard. Edge has headlined Wrestlemanias and been around for over a decade.
Peezy seems to have it best, he doesnt take this list personally like some people in this thread.

[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
(11-13-2010, 11:15 AM)Peezy Wrote: - Can't argue with #1 at all.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm surprised that most are agreeing, but how can you not? There is NO question.
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut

(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.

hbk is awesome
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
Jake the Snake was a fucking gawd. Reason he was never Main Event is because when HTM hit him with that REAL guitar it almost shattered his fucking neck and he turned to drugs hardcore to rehab and stay with the company. There's no doubt in my mind that Jake would've held the WWE championship if he hadn't self destructed. It's sad.

But the man had the best mic skills in the WWE at that time, he had the best psychology & he FUCKING LEGIT INVENTED THE DDT!!!!! A move that was so popular that it has become ingrained in the wrestling world as a regular fucking move. Props given where props due. Jake the Snake was truly on a whole 'nother level.

EDIT: If you haven't already, check out Jake's DVD that the WWE put out, Pick Your Poison I believe it was called. Jake had a lot of fucking demons. His life was really, really fucked up. BEFORE the drugs.
people said his brain was infected by devils. . .
That list is god fucking awful..

Seriously anyone who thinks Rey should be in the top ten...just...wow.

And cena over Jericho? LOL.
(11-13-2010, 10:56 PM)Quinton. Wrote: Jake the Snake was a fucking gawd. Reason he was never Main Event is because when HTM hit him with that REAL guitar it almost shattered his fucking neck and he turned to drugs hardcore to rehab and stay with the company. There's no doubt in my mind that Jake would've held the WWE championship if he hadn't self destructed. It's sad.

But the man had the best mic skills in the WWE at that time, he had the best psychology & he FUCKING LEGIT INVENTED THE DDT!!!!! A move that was so popular that it has become ingrained in the wrestling world as a regular fucking move. Props given where props due. Jake the Snake was truly on a whole 'nother level.

EDIT: If you haven't already, check out Jake's DVD that the WWE put out, Pick Your Poison I believe it was called. Jake had a lot of fucking demons. His life was really, really fucked up. BEFORE the drugs.

Yeah.

Edge is not more deserving than Jake Roberts
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

Undertaker as number 2 bothers me. All he has for him is the streak and hell in the cell. He has never carried the company

Austin and Hart need to be in the 1 and 2 spot cause they both carried the company and were the face of the company at one time or the other. Hart during the Steroid scandal and Austin during the Attitude era. The also could wrestle their asses off.

Also everyone that says HBK should be at the top spot is blindly being a mark. He never carried the buisness by himself, sure he did it with DX but that shit would have never worked with out HHH and Chyna. Also while dude could wrestle, Hart could wrestle circles around him. While Austin didnt start the attitude era he made the mother fucker explode he also had great psychology.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Also the fact that Foley isnt on the list and certain others are makes this list even more bullshit. Dude should atleast be top 25.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Foley... is on the list. #33
I'm a huge fan of both Jake Roberts and Edge but the titles held argument don't hold much water. Back in Jakes day for someone to have held the world title ten times was unheard of. That's what made Ric Flair awesome before WWE decided to split the world title like it was the Triforce of power and hide it on three different shows only to be discovered by the most convenient guy when your top guy has a boo boo. Being the world champion this day in age in the WWE is no biggie. Now it seems like anyone could be Ric Flair in a matter of months. Edge is the biggest culprit as most of his title wins happened in only a few years.

Being a complete Edgehead, I'd still choose Jake over Edge because a lot of the things that Jake did in his day were epic as well as the fact that he was one of the major players in shaping the WWF for the years to come. I'll never forget him making the Ultimate Warrior look like a huge idiot in the "trust me" storyline or him fucking up Machos wedding with a cobra and sicking it on him later right in front of Liz. So badass. Earthquake "killing" Damien was traumatically awesome a few years earlier too. Jake really earned his place on my lunchbox.

I also agree with Savage over Hogan as for me growing up, Hogan was cool because of Savage. Dig it. I started watching WWF around Wrestlemania 4 and remember only being cool with Hogan because he was cool with Macho. Hogan was the stooge of the Mega Powers and Randy was the brains. I also dug Randy Savage because he WAS the Macho Man and he wasn't just playing a part. Much like Jake Roberts, the dude had demons and you could just tell. Man, I miss the 80's Frown

Warrior wouldn't make the list if it was the top 100 of all time. Fuck that guy. Fuck Goldberg too. I hope they both die in a fire at the same cry about how the business fucked you over convention
[Image: fic_lufy.gif]
Eh, I think most of the Jake is nostalgia.

Anyways, the lack of Billy & Chuck makes this list null to me.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

I agree with Jake being nostalgia. Again, he was only around for a few years overall and even if the business is different and world titles don't mean anything, he still never made it past upper midcard. And the list of people who have headlined Wrestlemania is still a pretty exclusive club, I'd say.

Jake was great on the mic, yes....but he wasn't the best of all time. Lots of people have been better. There's people in WWE right now who are better (Jericho, for starters). Edge's heel run in 2005-2006 alone put him above Jake to me.

As for "It's not his fault, he hurt his neck." And? Edge did too, and missed an entire year after getting neck surgery. Came back better than ever. If Jake used it as an excuse to get hooked on drugs, tough shit on Jake. That's why Edge is better.

And lots of people have invented moves. I can't think of anyone who uses the DDT regularly now, other than Orton, and he only does it when he's pulling some guy through the middle rope. DDT isn't really a common move at all. Also, let's not forget that Jake ACCIDENTALLY invented the DDT, as he admits on his DVD. Diamond Dallas Page invented the diamond cutter and it's the most popular finishing move in WWE right now via Orton. Where's DDP on the list?
If you're looking at this with a business outlook, then HBK being #1 is a joke. His championship runs largely resulted in the company going through down periods.
(11-14-2010, 04:53 PM)Peezy Wrote: I agree with Jake being nostalgia. Again, he was only around for a few years overall and even if the business is different and world titles don't mean anything, he still never made it past upper midcard. And the list of people who have headlined Wrestlemania is still a pretty exclusive club, I'd say.

Jake was great on the mic, yes....but he wasn't the best of all time. Lots of people have been better. There's people in WWE right now who are better (Jericho, for starters). Edge's heel run in 2005-2006 alone put him above Jake to me.

As for "It's not his fault, he hurt his neck." And? Edge did too, and missed an entire year after getting neck surgery. Came back better than ever. If Jake used it as an excuse to get hooked on drugs, tough shit on Jake. That's why Edge is better.

And lots of people have invented moves. I can't think of anyone who uses the DDT regularly now, other than Orton, and he only does it when he's pulling some guy through the middle rope. DDT isn't really a common move at all. Also, let's not forget that Jake ACCIDENTALLY invented the DDT, as he admits on his DVD. Diamond Dallas Page invented the diamond cutter and it's the most popular finishing move in WWE right now via Orton. Where's DDP on the list?

You guys are really good at debating.
I'd never be able to think of all this smart ass shit.
I'm always high though, so...