Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
The KBCâ„¢ Poindexter Donation Thread - [UPDATE #5] HE KNOWS
For those living under a rock for the last few weeks, beloved comic nerd and all-around good dude Poindexter has been in and out of hospitals lately because his heart is an asshole. Right now he's in ICU, at the top of the list waiting for a heart transplant and is in pretty bad shape.

For a guy who's basically around the same age as all of us, this clearly sucks.

I've been researching a lot about heart transplants today and even after the transplant, he's got a long road to recovery (noeminem) ahead of him. Still many a weeks and months spent in hospitals, at home, can't drive, work, etc. Dude is basically gonna be bored as shit with a big ass scar on his chest (which is going to look awesome. Chicks dig scars. He's gonna get a lot of survivor-pussy out of this if he plays his cards right).

Point being, until he's recovered enough to get out there and start servin' up dick to the ladies, he's probably going to have a long, lonely, boring road. So that's where we come in.

I want to take up a collection for the dude. I've talked to ringmaster120 about it (they're friends IRL) and Poindexxxy apparently loves to read. Books, comic books, Playboy (he loves the articles!) and so on and so forth. So I figured maybe whatever money we collect will go towards a Barnes & Noble card or something so he can stock up on books. Or maybe we'll just cut him one of those big ass over-sized checks and he can do whatever he wants with it. Because that's the other thing I've learned about researching this heart transplant shit: it's very, very, VERY expensive and he's gonna be paying for this shit for years to come. Times is hard for everybody right now, but nobody here could probably use it more than him right now.

TL;DR Version: donate to a fund that we can give to a fellow board member in need.

I'll collect the funds in my PayPal (and if you even think for a minute I'll rip any of you off, you clearly don't know me).

PAYPAL YOUR DONATION TO: peezynsk@gmail.com

In all seriousness, dude is down right now and I really want to do something to help make this shit a little easier for him and show him we care.

EDIT: also, I think this whole situation shows how necessary organ donation is to those in need. If you're not already an organ donor, check out all the information at http://organdonor.gov and who knows, whenever Cage ends up needing a new spine, maybe it'll be available quicker.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
How dare you just come in and one up my fucking post.

ITS OVER.

I'd also like to note, getting him a playboy may not be wise in his current condition.
[Image: uTt1eS9.png]
(09-10-2010, 04:57 PM)Chad Wrote: I'd also like to note, getting him a playboy may not be wise in his current condition.

Eh, he'll be fine. It's the most boring magazine ever.
I threw in 5, wish i had more, but... yanno.
I'll have to check my funds to see what I can do.
Threw in $5, would send more but just had to do 4 days in the hospital with no insurance, so have just a few bills that will be rolling in soon.
Yeah, I'm pretty broke too, having been out of work for almost 3 weeks now cuz of my knee and racking up all kinds of bills.

How about an address where we can mail books and stuff for him?
[Image: mk7s79.jpg]

I hate you all.....seriously
Broke as hell right now but no thread deserves moar support than this.

*thumbs up*
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

there should be organizations, funds, special assistance ect to help him out with his medical bills when the time comes it just takes a lil research. It will still be hella expensive though even with assistance. I'm actually in an accelerated program for medical insurance billing and coding. One of the things we have to learn is about directing patients to where they can get financial assistance in areas such as these so I'll see what my teachers can help me find.
(09-10-2010, 05:17 PM)JohnnyLav Wrote: How about an address where we can mail books and stuff for him?

I'll see what I can find, for sure. I'm sure 120 can probably provide more info on this than I can but good thinking.

Amber, that's awesome. You's good people.
I'll be kicking in without a doubt sometime in the next few days. If going the book route, getting credit with Amazon might be a good route. They have everything and he won't have to leave the house to get anything he'd want. Not to mention they do the used book thing so he could get more bang for his buck if he wanted. This is an awesome thing you're doing peez and I thank you for it.
[Image: fic_lufy.gif]
Anyone know what city he lives in? I say we pitch in and "rent" him something from backpage.com
Yea I will have to look through the books I have now first cuz I don't have classes till monday.
I'm getting a Kindle next month. I'm going to try to re-download most of my book collection (for free, of course) and then I'll have physical copies of a lot of shit to get rid of. So who knows, with all the people talking about donating books, maybe the money can go to something else. Fuck it, we're cuttin' a giant check! Make this mofo think he won the Publisher's Clearinghouse.
Can we start a sticky for "DONATE TO THE "CHAD NEEDS SOME HOOKERS AND BLOW" FUND"?
(09-10-2010, 05:39 PM)ringmaster120 Wrote: I'll be kicking in without a doubt sometime in the next few days. If going the book route, getting credit with Amazon might be a good route. They have everything and he won't have to leave the house to get anything he'd want. Not to mention they do the used book thing so he could get more bang for his buck if he wanted. This is an awesome thing you're doing peez and I thank you for it.

I an actually close to getting a $50 Amazon card on Swagbucks.

I will donate it if you all want to help me get there.

I get swagbucks for other people signing up through me and when I reach the amount I can send somebody the Amazon code so he can purchase whatever he wants.

It looks like the easiest way to do this is to add your E mail addresses so if you wanna help in this way send me I private message with your E mail.

It may take a few days but I can send the code to whoever to get it to Dex when we reach the mark.
(09-10-2010, 05:50 PM)_L_ Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 05:39 PM)ringmaster120 Wrote: I'll be kicking in without a doubt sometime in the next few days. If going the book route, getting credit with Amazon might be a good route. They have everything and he won't have to leave the house to get anything he'd want. Not to mention they do the used book thing so he could get more bang for his buck if he wanted. This is an awesome thing you're doing peez and I thank you for it.

I an actually close to getting a $50 Amazon card on Swagbucks.

I will donate it if you all want to help me get there.

I get swagbucks for other people signing up through me and when I reach the amount I can send somebody the Amazon code so he can purchase whatever he wants.

It looks like the easiest way to do this is to add your E mail addresses so if you wanna help in this way send me I private message with your E mail.

It may take a few days but I can send the code to whoever to get it to Dex when we reach the mark.

I've used Swagbucks for about a year and a half and could verify that it is legit so sending an e-mail to him will actually get him somewhere with this.
[Image: fic_lufy.gif]
You know, for those that have nothing to give but well wishes like myself, we could game one of those legit free stuff sites. Somebody start an account, let us know what you want to give him (maybe a free laptop or something) and I as well as others would be more than willing to sign up under your account to get you the referrals as long as when you send it you put our names on it as well.
(02-09-2016, 08:11 PM)Reggie Wrote: I'm in love with Jodie sweetin's tits

*donates*
Every time my phone dings! over here, it's awesome because I know it's another Paypal alert.

Except when I got a Classmates.com email a few minutes ago. Fuck you Classmates.com, if you're not helping, go the fuck away!
(09-10-2010, 06:10 PM)Peezy Wrote: Every time my phone dings! over here, it's awesome because I know it's another Paypal alert.

Except when I got a Classmates.com email a few minutes ago. Fuck you Classmates.com, if you're not helping, go the fuck away!

It said it may take 24 to 48 hours to add you but you should get an invite.
Come on guys....

Peezy is helping me get this for Dex.

Who else wants to go this route if you can't afford to send money?

I will send everyone's names along with the code who contributes.
Word, I signed up. It was fairly painless.

Also, for those of you donating money, you're freakin' saints.
How long are you collecting donations for? I'll defiantly throw something in on Wednesday when I get paid.
I don't got a lot of money, but I'll def do _L_'s thing. PM sent...
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut

(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.

i'll see what i can do when i get paid again. broke as fuck this check
also: my mom had to have a bunch of shit done at a local hospital and she filed for a financial hardship expecting to get some knocked off or something and they pretty much just said fuck it and got rid of her bill so trying that couldn't hurt also
I'm also broke as fuck ATM. But best wishes to Poin.. don't know him like that but have seen him around RJ/JN/SFU/KBC for years. Noone deserves what he's going through. Best wishes bro.
Sent. This better not go toward your alcoholism Peezy.
If i wasn't already a member of swagbucks, i'd send an e-mail to L

I really would like to donate some cash to him, but i'm broke as hell, maybe just another e-mail address will work?
[Image: POSSig_zps0664a3f1.jpg]

Thread Closed