Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
The KBCâ„¢ Poindexter Donation Thread - [UPDATE #5] HE KNOWS
(09-10-2010, 06:46 PM)yaholic Wrote: How long are you collecting donations for? I'll defiantly throw something in on Wednesday when I get paid.

Just sorta open-ended. I figure whenever it just sorta trickles out and people stop.

(09-10-2010, 07:27 PM)MANTHOL Wrote: Sent. This better not go toward your alcoholism Peezy.

You's a good man. Are we friends on Facebook? Because I just made a post on there about wanting to get drunk tonight.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
I'm just curious how much has been raised so far?
[Image: uTt1eS9.png]
$85
Nice, that should get a nice stash of comics or something.
I'd really like to get a lot more, but yeah I'm stoked.
Even still, most of us are complete strangers outside of the internet world so getting $85 together so far is awesome.
I want to thank everyone who has signed up to help me get Dex the $50 Amazon card so far!

Everyone's E mail has went through except Dubb's which I'm trying to figure out right now.
Just to point out the Swagbucks thing....

After you sign up search the shit out of things and they randomly give you Swagbucks.

Every time you get some I should get some and I'm less than 500 away from a $50 Amazon card that I will donate to Dex when I get enough points.
I hate to be like....all emotional and shit, even though it is the webz, a lot of the same people have been posting together for a long time under different names and shit.....a lot of us have pretty good knowledge of each other....even if we don't really KNOW the people, I feel like most of us know each other. A lot of you I would LOVE to sit and drink some beers with. It's like KBC is our community and if another one of us gets sick, we should ALL try in some way to help. Sorry, to be like all emotional and shit but Dex is a good dude, and has a little girl and shit.....and I would like to think if ANY one of us was in a position like this, we would all help each other. I ain't got no money, but I did e-mail _L_. I don't really know Dex.....but I prayed for him. Even though on here it's the webz.....real life is real life, and I hope for the sake of his daughter and his family, that he is better than he was when he was at his healthyiest.
[Image: SuperBowlChamps_zps9ed826e8.jpeg]

[Image: Subforum_zpsfba4c276.png]

(11-13-2010, 11:51 PM)ASP Wrote: peanuts gonna peanut

(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.

I'm drinking right now so if you're drinking too I guess we are drinking a beer together!

I'm also trying to figure out why everyone else's Email has gone through but the two the Dubb has sent me won't send.
Yeah I feel ya man. I'm so invested in this for 2 reasons I think. One, like you said, most of these people I've known on this board for years. I've posted here for 10 years and am here literally every single day talking to them, so you get to know and care about what happens to people during that time. And secondly, it's like....I remember how awesome everyone here was when Dave died and was especially supportive towards me and shit. And it feels good to be able to pay it forward a little bit, and to be able to help do it for a guy who is thankfully alive is even better.

Dave dying really made me reevaluate everything I always thought about death because it had never hit so close to home before (my mom died but I was 8 so I didn't have any perspective on it then). And it really made me see how crushing it can be to the people that care for that person. And Dex has a daughter and if he were to pass, that would be fucking heartbreaking. Obviously that's out of our hands. But he IS alive right now (and I fully believe he'll continue to stay that way) so I like the idea of being able to do at least something for the guy, whether it's getting a bunch of books together for him to read while he gets accustomed to his new heart or to just be able to hand him a bunch of money and say "Yeah I know you've spent every last dime on medical bills. Take this and go buy yourself something shiny with buttons."

[Image: feels-good-head-0-292x300.png]
I love you guys. All of you. Except fattie420.

I imagine getting a heart transplant has to be the scariest fucking thing in the world to live through. I couldn't imagine the thought of someone REMOVING MY FUCKING HEART. Jesus Christ man. I seriously hope he pulls through this shit, Dex is a cool guy even though him and I had our ebeef in the past.

I'm with you guys though, I like... seriously talk to this board more than most of my friends. We are seriously a pretty awesome group of people on the board. There are bad apples in the bunch sure, but I dig the fuck out of this community.
I lost my mom to cancer in 2004 and lost my fiance' in 2007 from cirrhosis of the liver because of a medication she was put on.

The possibility of death hits me hard and I'm not afraid to admit to crying when I saw Chad's original thread.
Success!

I finally got one of Dubb's addresses to go through!
(09-10-2010, 08:45 PM)_L_ Wrote: I lost my mom to cancer in 2004 and lost my fiance' in 2007 from cirrhosis of the liver because of a medication she was put on.

The possibility of death hits me hard and I'm not afraid to admit to crying when I saw Chad's original thread.

I broke down like a school girl when I read about Dex and his daughter in the back seat of his parents car. I wasn't the coolest with Dave, but I was getting cool with him when he passed (between the Bmore and HBK connection) and I was really bummed when he passed. I don't even really know what to say. Chad's right, I spend more time here than with my real life boys. So it is our community, and I do Heart most here. And _L_ I am drinking, but not heavily, had a coupla beers, so this Icehouse is tipped back for KBC. Dex is goona pull thru become a MMA fighter or WWE wrestler, and his move will be the Heart Punch.....lol. I forget who did that back in the day.....

(02-21-2013, 02:01 PM)jabroni Wrote: If peanut would let me I'd make peanut butter out that nigga.

(09-10-2010, 09:06 PM)Peanut Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 08:45 PM)_L_ Wrote: I lost my mom to cancer in 2004 and lost my fiance' in 2007 from cirrhosis of the liver because of a medication she was put on.

I broke down like a school girl when I read about Dex and his daughter in the back seat of his parents car. I wasn't the coolest with Dave, but I was getting cool with him when he passed (between the Bmore and HBK connection) and I was really bummed when he passed. I don't even really know what to say. Chad's right, I spend more time here than with my real life boys. So it is our community, and I do Heart most here. And _L_ I am drinking, but not heavily, had a coupla beers, so this Icehouse is tipped back for KBC. Dex is goona pull thru become a MMA fighter or WWE wrestler, and his move will be the Heart Punch.....lol. I forget who did that back in the day.....

That would be Undertaker when he went by the name Mark Callous.

As soon as I get to work tomorrow I'll send some cash your way Peezy. Hate to see a fellow board member and fellow comic enthusiast have to endure this lind of hardship, especially with his daughter.

(09-10-2010, 09:11 PM)_L_ Wrote: That would be Undertaker when he went by the name Mark Callous.

Well played sir....

(09-10-2010, 09:22 PM)Peanut Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 09:11 PM)_L_ Wrote: That would be Undertaker when he went by the name Mark Callous.

Well played sir....

I'm a wrestling genius! :D
This is beyond disrespectful and the last time I will ever go to SFU:

Enonymous
All you bitches take my shots

RE: Poindexter broke our hearts when he left SFU, now he broke his too Frown
Ask Peezy if we get refunds if Dex dies.
[Image: card.png]
Ive got a bunch of comics I bought for 50 cents at HPB, I could send those...maybe send some tv shows and shit ive downloaded....has he seen supernatural?
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
I'll be sending enough to cover a couple trades. Ask him if there's any Green Lantern stuff he'd like, shirt maybe?
(09-10-2010, 07:58 PM)Peezy Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 06:46 PM)yaholic Wrote: How long are you collecting donations for? I'll defiantly throw something in on Wednesday when I get paid.

Just sorta open-ended. I figure whenever it just sorta trickles out and people stop.

(09-10-2010, 07:27 PM)MANTHOL Wrote: Sent. This better not go toward your alcoholism Peezy.

You's a good man. Are we friends on Facebook? Because I just made a post on there about wanting to get drunk tonight.

Good stuff.

I'll send some cash Wednesday at the latest.

I cant do anything this month but Ima try next month.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

(09-10-2010, 09:47 PM)_L_ Wrote: Enonymous

how edgy.

peezy is the fucking man for doing this for a fellow board member.
[Image: 66IHzL5.png]
(09-10-2010, 10:31 PM)CKY Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 09:47 PM)_L_ Wrote: Enonymous

how edgy.

peezy is the fucking man for doing this for a fellow board member.

Pimp
let's just send him a big box of stuff
are you trying to take the group leader position from peezy?
[Image: 66IHzL5.png]
(09-10-2010, 09:47 PM)_L_ Wrote: This is beyond disrespectful and the last time I will ever go to SFU:

Enonymous

Where's the disrespect? My first post in the thread is "Here's wishing him a speedy recovery. And may his new heart have a warm spot for SFU. " I've got nothing against the dude, I know him just as well as I know most people here.

Then you came over to SFU and said (paraphrasing) :HEY GUYS, IF YOU WANT TO HELP POINDEXTER I HAVE A WAY BUT I WON'T TELL YOU HERE. Go over to the other board and read Peezy's donation thread. CLICK SIG *insert link*

To which I responded with the simple question you quoted above regarding donations which was more a ribbing on peezy than dex. And you ran here trying to start drama. lol

Should I say I'm sorry I didn't change the nature of my posting to better suit the ocassion? Nah. If you've seen any of my posts over the years, I tend to litter them with sardonic and dry humor. That's who I am and I make no apologies for it. Glad to see you gone from over there though. You'll only have to put up with me here now.
[Image: 04mangold-blog480.jpg]
[Image: xENONYMOUSx.png]
Can we all take the argument to another thread? I really would prefer this not be threadjacked by some more dumb KBC vs. SFU bullshit. Let's take the high road, everyone.
Thread Closed