[DISCUSS] Dark Side of the Ring
The new Vice Video series has been talked about for a while. It looks amazing (I'll be watching episode 1 tonight). Apparently they filmed enough for more episodes but had to cut it off somewhere:

[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Episode 1: Bruiser Brody

[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Just watched. This was pretty incredible. If you have heard the story before, it is still very intense with the retelling of his murder. If you are not familiar with the story, you are in for a fascinating/fucked up story.

Tony Atlas is largely full of shit. A natural born liar and crackhead. Bits and pieces of his story felt genuine (mostly when they didn’t involve him). Dutch gave such an honest, intelligent, straightforward perspective. Foley narrating was a nice touch as well.

The fact that there was no justice isn’t shocking but it is still troubling for his family, friends, and fans. Even street justice should have taken place...but no dice I guess.
Forgot all about this and was super looking forward to it. Will try to watch tonight.

(04-10-2019, 08:32 PM)Chris Wrote: The fact that there was no justice isn’t shocking but it is still troubling for his family, friends, and fans. Even street justice should have taken place...but no dice I guess.

Carlos Colon had Pablo Escobar-like power in Puerto Rico. No "street justice" really could have been done at the end of the day.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
i wanna see the macho man one tonight.

SOMEONE POST IT
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 1 user Likes Sal Undy's post
Way ahead of you fam. You can view the latest videos posted here: www.keyboardcowboys.net/forums/thread-27517.html
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
I DON'T MUCH CARE FOR THAT BERSERKER LOOKIN GUY I WANNA SEE THE MACHO ONE

[Image: dGiUISs.gif]
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

Beserker / The Viking / Nord the Barbarian

God, I remember being so excited seeing him in WWE because he had just been in Portland Wrestling. 1 week he was Nord the Barbian sponsored by Tom Petersen's, and then like the next week he was THE VIKING on WWE! So fucking fresh.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Only 2 things I remember about him is that he tried to stab Undertaker with his sword and he used to win all his matches by count-out.

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
brody was inspired by the berzerker

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the...03a76fad61
Even better than the first. It would have been nice if they could have gotten more in depth in some areas but ultimately it was still a really good watch.

That photo of Vince in a speedo....yikes!
Just finished the Brody one. Loved it. Tony Atlas is a little out there but for the most part, I believe his story.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/the...7bca5f53bf

Watching the Montreal Screwjob episode now. I have heard only bad things about it. Halfway in and my only complaint is they are moving too fast if you are someone who isn't familiar with wrestling. I try to spend some time watching this through the eyes of someone else and this would be strange/difficult to follow. Other than that, the production value and interviews have been great.
Dude are we the same person? I just finished watching it too.

Same thought as you. Pretty much everything they said was accurate but they left SO much stuff out and it's missing so much context. I mean, I understand. There's only so much you can fit in an hour episode. But to a non-wrestling fan, they wouldn't understand how and why this is such a big deal.

I hate that they gave Scott Hall a platform to spew that dumb "work" conspiracy though.

Absolutely did not need to hear the “it was a work” argument. Although entertaining, the time devoted to Cornette and Russo bad mouthing each other at the end was unnecessary. You could have allotted that to 20 other things.

I think next weeks episode is about the death of Geno Hernandez which should be good. Not sure if they will discuss Geno’s real father or if his death was a murder. Either way, I look forward to a topic that I only know a little about.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
I need to catch this.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
The latest issue of Jim Cornette's podcast is a response to this episode and he goes into detail on his involvement in the screwjob. Interesting new details that haven't really been covered before since no one knew Cornette's role until now. Skip to around the 27 minute mark if you decide to check it out.

Yup. We are the same person. I was going to download this today but didn’t want to go through the trouble of finding where to skip to hear about that episode. Read my mind.
Shouldn't be that much of a shock to you two, NPC's are usually programmed to act and think alike.
I really don't get fighting to take credit for the biggest dick move in wrestling ever.
No one is fighting over Bret Hart’s refusal to job.
Man, I haven’t listened to a wrestling podcast in forever. I used to never miss an episode of Austin’s, Jerichos and Cabanas.

Last one I think I listened to was Enzo after he was fired on Austin’s.

Any recommendations for something that will still entertain me? They talk about today’s wrestling but don’t constantly bash it and still talk about last years...
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Can’t think of a podcast today that does much with contemporary subjects that is entertaining/not critical. WWE mostly stopped letting wrestlers do podcasts without approval. I think Austin and Jericho are about all that’s left. AOW became kind of boring to me so I rarely listen unless there is a guest I care about. I don’t listen to Lawler or Booker T but they do have their own podcasts. Edge and Christian is way too obnoxious for me to listen to. I like some of their stuff but some of their episodes will make your ears bleed.

WOR, WOL, and Something to Wrestle are my go-to shows. STW has fallen off a bit of a cliff. Bruce is way too bullshit company man for the last year at least and Conrad seems tired during every episode probably because he is a 400lbs workaholic.

WOR is usually the most interesting to me but as of late, Alvarez has phoned it in and just lets Dave go off on tangents and occasionally checks back in to move to the next topic. WOL has always been watered down WOR but at least Alvarez is more animated and rants which can be entertaining.
I like Tony and Conrad’s podcast. I could listen to Schiovone all day
[Image: l02m7fg8.jpg]
(04-22-2019, 01:51 PM)Chris Wrote: Can’t think of a podcast today that does much with contemporary subjects that is entertaining/not critical. WWE mostly stopped letting wrestlers do podcasts without approval. I think Austin and Jericho are about all that’s left. AOW became kind of boring to me so I rarely listen unless there is a guest I care about. I don’t listen to Lawler or Booker T but they do have their own podcasts. Edge and Christian is way too obnoxious for me to listen to. I like some of their stuff but some of their episodes will make your ears bleed.

WOR, WOL, and Something to Wrestle are my go-to shows. STW has fallen off a bit of a cliff. Bruce is way too bullshit company man for the last year at least and Conrad seems tired during every episode probably because he is a 400lbs workaholic.

WOR is usually the most interesting to me but as of late, Alvarez has phoned it in and just lets Dave go off on tangents and occasionally checks back in to move to the next topic. WOL has always been watered down WOR but at least Alvarez is more animated and rants which can be entertaining.

Forgot about Edge and Christian. I did listen to some of theirs too. I will agree. It seemed like it was either fantastic or awful. The Bret Hart/Austin one talking about their Mania match was a top 5 podcast of all time for me.

I’ll check out WOR. Appreciate it.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
I'm currently binging Something To Wrestle. I'm on the Rick Rude episode as we speak.

WOR is basically a real time version of the Observer, but it is behind a paywall.

STW was okay but Prichard is so full of shit and it has only gotten worse.

What Happened When is my favt Conrad show because Schiavone is fun to listen to even if he rarely has anything to add of substance
[Image: Chaos.png]

Not quite sure when Episode 4 is supposed to air.