Ambrose leaving WWE?
That’s the rumor. It might explain how weird things were with him tonight. It could be interesting to see him work elsewhere...and too bad if he retired. His entire run since the reformation of the Shield has been crap. If this is true, we at least get him until WM and then who knows.
[Image: tumblr_pljv1rJI9t1rwax6fo1_400.png]
Quote:Dean Ambrose, a main event wrestler for WWE since debuting with The Shield in 2012, has given his notice to WWE that he will be finishing up when his current contract expires at the end of April, according to three PWTorch sources. He broke the news to management this weekend, including directly in a meeting with Vince McMahon, after being offered a new contract and a raise weeks ago.

He is expected to finish up shortly after WrestleMania, although it’s possible WWE would write him out of storylines sooner. This could explain why he was rather unceremoniously eliminated from the Royal Rumble on Sunday night and did a clean job to Seth Rollins on TV on Raw last night.

Sources tell PWTorch that Ambrose has been long frustrated with the creative direction of his character and reached a breaking point recently. He’s indicated to WWE management this weekend he’s not interested in negotiating further and made it clear this isn’t about trying to get more money. One of his colleagues on the roster, when asked tonight about Dean’s demeanor lately and if there were any signs of discontent, said “he’s pretty much impossible to read.” He added, though, that Dean “hates hokey sh–” and, since so much of his character has been portrayed as hokey in the last few years, he’s not surprised that would have built up frustration leading to a breaking point.

Top management in WWE and a small circle of friends of Dean knew about his decision this weekend, but it wasn’t well known at the Rumble or Raw among most of his colleagues.

What an awfully interesting time to be a wrestling fan. Everything feels like the 90s lately. Jon Moxley AEW-bound?
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

It'd be cool to see him work some local shows here again with his old training partner. His appearance alone would bring in a lot of people.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Good riddance. Hopefully Renee follows him so I never have to hear her on commentary again.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
[+] 5 users Like hedgehogg96's post
Still better than having to sit through the likes of Byron, Coach, Booker, Otunga, and JBL. If you like those people, fine, but for me I would rather have someone contribute very little or flub lines like Renee than to have someone who buries the talent, makes horribly illogical statements, is overbearing, or a complete cartoon character. She is also much better to look at than any of them.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
Yeah Renee isn't great at commentary or anything, but she's light years ahead of every other 3rd man they've had doing it in the past. Plus, yeah, hot.

That being said, commentary definitely isn't her strong suit. She was better at all the other stuff.

Besides, Beth Phoenix might be offered the gig and her stuff on MMC was some of the worst I have ever heard and that is not an exaggeration. It was as if cardboard could talk.
3-person commentary is stupid any way. 2 is fine.
[+] 2 users Like Obsidian's post
WWE has confirmed that Dean Ambrose will not be renewing his contract when it expires in April. WWE sent Wrestling Inc. this statement:

"Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good) will not be renewing his contract with WWE when it expires in April. We are grateful and appreciative of all that Dean has given to WWE and our fans. We wish him well and hope that one day Dean will return to WWE."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/0...ct-650387/
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

Since when does WWE announce months in advance that someone will be leaving?
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Fuckin' bonkers.

(01-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Hitchcock Wrote: Since when does WWE announce months in advance that someone will be leaving?

Usually never, but when it's a big name star leaving, they have occasionally done weird things. I remember when Kurt Angle quit/got fired in 2006, WWE.com put out a big long story about it, that was a total shoot about Angle's drug problems and stuff and how they didn't want to lose him but how it was for his own good and all that shit.

Ambrose is a legit main event level star and he's choosing to just walk away. Instead of the cold "future endeavors" maybe they decided to be nice and actually say "We hope he returns some day" and all that. Sounds like they want to keep the door open for him.

Plus, with the news breaking today, I'm sure they have been getting hit with a bazillion media requests. And if the original story is true, they said Ambrose turned down a big money deal and said he's not interested in negotiating any further. So maybe they just figure fuck it, if it's a done deal, might as well address the elephant in the room.

Or maybe it's all a work.

Hes probably just gonna go do 6 months in NXT.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
Honestly,

The dude is quitting cause he’s not happy with his character? He was hurt for what? 9 months, came back, turned on the Shield and won the IC very quickly. Fuck outta here with that. I’m perfectly fine with him leaving and someone else getting that TV time
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Honestly, I think we are going to see a mass exodus of people from WWE when/if their contracts are up. Not because of pay, WWE is willing to throw money at people, but because of being unhappy with the product. Not just creativity from a storyline point, but from a limit on what they're allowed to do in the ring and type of matches they're able to perform.

- Matches are "produced" ahead of time and have to follow formulas dictated by Vince
- Promos are for the most part scripted by writers
- The writers aren't interested in listening to what the wrestlers want, because they're having a hell of a time getting their own ideas past Vince

So if you're a creative person, you've got to be really frustrated with the lack of ability to express yourself. AEW is setting itself up to be PWG on a nationwide scale, created and run by wrestlers who know what's lacking in WWE and wants to solve those pain points for the wrestlers that prevent them from doing their best.
(01-29-2019, 05:33 PM)Peezy Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Hitchcock Wrote: Since when does WWE announce months in advance that someone will be leaving?

Usually never, but when it's a big name star leaving, they have occasionally done weird things. I remember when Kurt Angle quit/got fired in 2006, WWE.com put out a big long story about it, that was a total shoot about Angle's drug problems and stuff and how they didn't want to lose him but how it was for his own good and all that shit.

Ambrose is a legit main event level star and he's choosing to just walk away. Instead of the cold "future endeavors" maybe they decided to be nice and actually say "We hope he returns some day" and all that. Sounds like they want to keep the door open for him.

Plus, with the news breaking today, I'm sure they have been getting hit with a bazillion media requests. And if the original story is true, they said Ambrose turned down a big money deal and said he's not interested in negotiating any further. So maybe they just figure fuck it, if it's a done deal, might as well address the elephant in the room.

Or maybe it's all a work.

They did it for Jeff Jarrett as well.
Now Hideo Itami on his way out, eh?
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

Yeah apparently he asked for his release and they gave it to him. That poor guy just never hit his potential in WWE. Injuries and timing fucked him over bad.

Not that I have any real expectations of him...but man, every person fired or released feels exciting. Can’t wait to see which “team” they end up on.

Hopefully KUSHIDA does not suffer the same fate.
What if the Ambrose thing turns out to be another CM Punk storyline
Then the timing is shit and I can’t see it leading anywhere that we would all care about.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
(01-30-2019, 10:16 AM)Chris Wrote: Then the timing is shit and I can’t see it leading anywhere that we would all care about.

Seth vs Ambrose in a loser stays in WWE match.
[+] 3 users Like Hitchcock's post