Official WWE Royal Rumble 2019 Thread
Wtf wow stand corrected lmao wtf X10
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
My honest reaction to the last 5 minutes of this match.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
Truth never came in and Jax shouldn’t have counted. Some stupid shit. Didn’t see a man in the women’s RoyalRumble
[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
Legit thought for a second ziggler and andrade were last 2
OH SHIT!!

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

(01-27-2019, 11:51 PM)DangPlex Wrote: Truth never came in and Jax shouldn’t have counted. Some stupid shit. Didn’t see a man in the women’s RoyalRumble

The Man was in the women's Rumble.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Hitchcock's post
Glad Rollins took it over Braun!!
Seth vs AJ please. After AJ wins the Elimination chamber obviously.

Meanwhile Bryan and Rowan fued with Bray and Harper.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
Wtf at the quick finish with Balor and Brock? Balor needs that title man. Crowd loves him
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Overall, I was pleased with RR this year. Women's was a bit long but I am glad at least they didn't fill it up with retired vets again and let some of the NXT talent get their shot.

I'm happy with Rollins winning but it certainly makes me curious to the title picture. Rollins/DB could be interesting as could Rollins/AJ but I don't want to see Seth get squashed by Brock and Brock needs a more sellable opponent like Braun/McIntyre/Lashley or someone that on paper can be marketed well for Mania (Ideally Lashley would be his best matchup with his MMA background but they've pretty much dropped the ball with him hard).
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Seth/AJ for Smackdown and Brock/Finn/DB for Raw.

DB loses the title at EC and then goes insane, attacks both guys in the #1 contenders match for the Universal title. Vince or Steph or whomever put him in.
DB and Finn pin eachother or something like that
(01-27-2019, 11:51 PM)DangPlex Wrote: Truth never came in and Jax shouldn’t have counted. Some stupid shit. Didn’t see a man in the women’s RoyalRumble

Lol, you're being kinda snowflaky man...

Look at it logically, why would one of the male wrestlers want a shot at the women's title? It at least makes sense that a female wrestler would want to be world champion?

Maybe WWE is testing the waters in regards to actual intergender wrestling?
(01-28-2019, 01:02 AM)Lil Creep Wrote:
actual intergender wrestling?

[Image: sfo42nG.gif]
[Image: 3DUOW0l.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Mudkips's post
Shut up Cage.

Fun show overall. Definitely some WTF moments. Can’t believe how boring AJ vs. Bryan ended up being. Both women’s matches were good. Both Rumbles were fun but they had some odd entrants. Too much NXT, not enough fun surprises and the ones that were in there weren’t spaced out well. Fucking hated the Nia inclusion.

After the show we went out for drinks and then back to our hotel. A ton of NXT UK people were there in the lobby chatting. In an act of cowardice, I yelled at Speedball Mike Bailey as the elevator closed.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
When did attacking someone when they walk out start meaning you could take their spot?
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
Edge did it in EC
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Miz did it few years back to MVP I believe it was
Was it Foley that did it off camera and was yelled at to take someone’s spot? It’s happened before.
Test got attacked and Austin was the GM. He sent Foley out in his place.

That was it! Thanks.
- Becky/Asuka was great. Fun match, Becky is absurdly over. I like Asuka winning clean and it didn't hurt Becky at all.

- Shane/Miz match was something. Shane is a sloppy ass mess in the ring, but the shooting star was dope and Cesaro catching the coast to coast and spinning him forever was good. I'm still waiting for Miz to inevitably turn on Shane.

- Ronda/Sasha was also great. Ronda just delivers, every fuckin' time. Don't give a single remote shit about the 4 Horsewomen tease though. Ronda and Shayna are fine, but those other 2 are still nobodies.

- Women's Rumble suuuuuucked for the first half, but got awesome when Becky came out. The pop when Finlay gave her the ok to go to the ring was monstrous.

- DBry vs. AJ got screwed. Crowd was just dead after Becky. Plus the show was already, like, 4 hours at this point if you count pre-show. The match was technically great and in front of a lively crowd, I think it'd have stolen the show. But they just couldn't follow Becky and it hurt a lot. Also, wtf Eric Rowan? Of all the people.......

- Lesnar/Balor was really fun. Lesnar always has great matches with smaller guys and this was no exception. I actually didn't hate the ending because I like Lesnar having that realistic "can end you at any moment" vibe. Not sure why he had to beat the shit out of him after the match though, that seemed pointless.

- Men's Rumble was fine. Jeff Jarrett shit at the beginning was silly. Cool to see Gargano and Aleister in the match.

- The Nia Jax at #30 thing was fuckin' weird. When she came in and started beating up everybody, my immediate reaction was "Fuck every second of this." But then all the guys just shrugged and said fuck it and beat the living shit out of her and tossed her. Which was hilarious and redeemed the whole thing. But I can also predict some backlash coming from it. Even though she's big, she's still a woman and WWE had 3 guys beat her up. I await the angry blogs and tweets.

Anyway, my guess: Seth vs. Lesnar at Mania.

Becky vs. Ronda obviously. But I think they still want to make it a triple threat with Charlotte. Maybe Charlotte wins the women's title from Asuka soon and Becky challenges BOTH women's champions at WM?

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Seth vs Lesnar and Reigns is referee
- Turned on the preshow right when Gable/Roode hit their finisher. Had no idea they were facing a makeshift team or why it happened, nor do I care.
- Rusev must be on his way out for how stupid he looked in the booking here. Lana is a terrible actress and is hopefully leaving with Rusev.
- Cruiserweight match was pretty good, even if I don't watch 205Live and didn't care about anyone going in.
- Becky/Asuka was alright from what I saw, I was in and out cooking dinner at the time. When Becky lost that pretty much gave away that she was gonna take Lana's spot and win.
- Miz/Shane vs Bar was ok, again didn't really pay much attention to it. The finish was a surprise but at least they picked the best way to end it with Shane's SSP. It kinda sucks for The Bar to keep getting jobbed out in these kind of weird situations, not as bad as jobbing to Braun and a 10 year old, but it's close.
- They really need to either cut the woman's Rumble to 15/20 participants, or do 60 second intervals because it drags on waaaaayyyy too damn long. They really didn't need the extra "drama" with the knee injury angle, especially when I'm pretty sure Becky landed on her right knee and was selling that at first, but then switched to selling her left when she got in the ring. It just dragged it on even further and Becky's already the most over person and didn't need more adversity to overcome and look stronger.
- Somehow I completely missed the Sasha/Rhonda match. I had it paused at the start of the show, so I was about 20 minutes behind the live feed and when I went to skip the post match celebration when Becky won, I guess I accidentally hit the button that skipped to live and it jumped to AJ's entrance. Oh well, not that I gave a shit about this match anyways and knew Rhonda was winning.
- AJ vs Bryan...was a thing. I couldn't really focus on the match because I haven't been watching since Survivor Series and couldn't get over how sickly and anorexic Bryan looked last night. It was bad enough when he came out and the belt around his waist made him look like a child wearing an adult championship, but then during the match you could see his loose, flabby skin around his gut and his ribs sticking out...I dunno if it's supposed to be part of the gimmick but maybe he should eat a couple of those Rumble Burgers in his promo, or at least use a spray tan so he stops looking like a corpse.Once Rowan came out in the flannel it was obvious he was joining Bryan, guess the Bludgeon Brothers are done?
- Finn vs Brock was ok. I guess the post match beat down is gonna bring out the Demon for the rematch next month, or maybe WM if Seth goes after the World title.
- Men's Rumble was ok I guess, but had a lot of stupid moments. I'm really getting sick of the "Kofi spot" and everyone that copies it, where they have their entire body on the floor, but because 1 foot is in the air they're still in the match. Enough already. Nia's spot was pointless but I'm glad they at least jobbed her out and all the bitching going on twitter is proof why WWE won't do full intergender wrestling. Seth winning doesn't matter, it's probably just an excuse to have a weak men's championship match so Rhona/Becky can be the first Woman's Main Event.
If Reigns is back by then, I expect him vs. Ambrose

I’ll take a woman’s triple threat with both titles. First pin gets Smackdown, 2nd gets Raw.
finished it today. lackluster & kinda boring. couldn't do that 5 hour show in one sitting. too fucking much. by that i mean boring
who won the noodle rumble tho
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 1 user Likes Sal Undy's post
fingers crossed for mcsmutbags everywhere
[+] 1 user Likes User Name's post
I didn't watch the preshow. Kinda sorry I missed the 4 way but it is what it is.

Watched the entire rest of the PPV though, the actual Rumble show.

Asuka/Becky was great. Would've been better if we'd have been in a regular arena instead of a stadium. Crowd reaction is very muted in a stadium, or delayed. All you really get is the most generic reactions when everyone goes "OHHH" or whatever. But still, great match. I personally don't think they should've had Becky tap out to Asuka...she's about to go on to challenge Ronda. Having her tap to anyone just weakens her position going in to Ronda. I would've rather Asuka get a just-barely pin or even a draw finish.

Shane/Miz vs Bar was ok. I figured Shane/Miz would win in this odd pairing.

Sasha/Ronda was a really good match, and we got vicious heel Sasha in that too. She was busting out stuff she did against Bayley in NXT and I was all about that. Fantastic finish too, Ronda couldn't make Sasha tap out so she had to try to pin her. Very excellent.

Women's Rumble was alright, did get better towards the end. The Alicia Fox/Maria bit was just silly but I enjoyed it because I love Alicia Fox's antics.

AJ/Bryan was ok, but again the crowd was deader due to previous stuff and it's a stadium so they're harder to hear in great detail anyway. It was a good match though, I think.

Finn/Brock was great, I loved that Finn got the early advantage instead of Brock and how competitive it was. Finn didn't get tossed around like a rag doll for 10 minutes like most everyone else does, he just took the fight to Brock and Brock couldn't even nail him with a single F5. That Khimura Lock out of no where is the first time Finn's tapped and I'm fine with it. The post-match beatdown was explained as Brock being angry that Finn nearly beat him. I can understand that, but I think it ultimately just served to push Finn back down the card.

Men's Rumble match was better than the women's. That Elias/Jarrett stuff went on slightly too long and Jarrett looked...well, Rob nailed it. Why are they just pretending Jarrett's gimmick didn't change towards the end of his WWE run? Why are we fixated on mid 90's Jarrett instead of late 90's Jarrett?

Anyway, I popped seeing Garganno and Pete Dunn and Black. I love Black eliminating Ambrose, Pete Dunn fucking up Drew McIntyre, Garganno running around everywhere. What bums me out is all those top tier NXT talent just getting randomly eliminated like mid-card nobodies. I would've put Aleister Black all the way to the final 4, not just randomly thrown out by Baron fucking Corbin.

Seth Rollins Benoit'd Braun Strowman over the top rope and curb stomping him down was pretty good. Wonder where this leaves Braun though.