Ok, I obviously need to get caught up.
Alright boys,

It’s not that I’ve been against watching anything but the E, it’s just that I don’t have much free time and believe it or not. I don’t own any type of computer. No lap top, nothing.

With New Japan, AEW, etc etc I obviously need to branch out. Hopefully this stuff is on YouTube but I have never seen a single Omega match, I’ve never seen a match from Japan.

So, please just throw up matches, rivalries etc, preferably from oldest to newest of matches so I can at least have a clue who these guys are and what they’re all about.

When TNA was on TV up here in the Great White North I never missed a show. I’m not Pro WWE, kids, divorce and getting my dick wet take priority now days.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Omega vs. Okada would be the best one to do. It gives you the best of Omega and introduces you a bit to NJPW. Only problem? It will take you hours to watch it all...hours of the best wrestling you can find though.

Their first match:

Omega vs Okada II (6.25 stars)

2 out of 3 Falls
[Image: 6hWZ8sh.gif]
13 DAYS
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
This match here is ALL U NEED

[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
[+] 2 users Like Brulos's post
(01-08-2019, 08:24 PM)Chris Wrote: Omega vs. Okada would be the best one to do. It gives you the best of Omega and introduces you a bit to NJPW. Only problem? It will take you hours to watch it all...hours of the best wrestling you can find though.

Their first match:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ap3hx

Omega vs Okada II (6.25 stars)
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cwjsa

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6lo5eh
2 out of 3 Falls

I’ll throw this up on the tv and watch the first one tonight. Thank you sir
Give it a chance. All you need to know going in:

-Okada is like a modern-day Ric Flair/Bret Hart in the ring. His finisher is a ripcord clothesline called The Rainmaker. His manager is Gedo and he is the real life booker for NJPW.

-Kenny Omega is a Canadian who saw Japanese wrestling on the internet and wanted to do what they were doing. He fell in love with the culture and moved over there. Eventually he was brought into NJPW as a Jr. Heavyweight wrestler for the Bullet Club (nWo like group mostly made of foreign wrestlers). Kenny eventually became the leader of Bullet Club when AJ Styles left. By this time, Bullet Club was really becoming “cool” and weren’t total heels. Kenny and Okada both had solid fan bases.

-Kenny would go on to become a heavyweight wrestler and won the G1 Tournament in the summer of 2016. This tournament is a grueling ordeal (shoot and kayfabe) as the wrestlers kill their bodies over a six week period. Winning this tournament is like winning the Royal Rumble and MitB. You get a briefcase and a guaranteed shot at the world title. Most choose to cash in the shot at Wrestle Kingdom. Wrestle Kingdom is their version of Wrestlemania and it goes down on the same day in the same place every year (January 4th at the Tokyo Dome).

-Omega’s finisher is the One Winged Angel. It is like a cradle powerbomb from an electric chair position. No one has ever kicked out of it.

-There was a buzz in the air prior to their first big match. Little did we know, it would exceed everyone’s expectations. I was lucky enough to be there on that night and it was unreal.

It only. Gets. Better.
13 DAYS
Yup, Chris' videos are the way to go. If you don't enjoy that, then NJPW probably ain't for you.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

I'll say this though: don't go into it expecting WWE. It's not. NJPW has a much stronger focus on treating wrestling like a sport. Titles are important. Almost always clean finishes, especially in the top matches. Even the G-1 tournament is decided based on a scoring system. There's heavyweight and junior heavyweight divisions, shit like that.

There's factions. Most of the NJPW roster is divided up and part of a handful of groups and they feud with other factions. Storylines sometimes play out over months or years. There's no weekly TV show. It's more like, say, the NBA. There could be a game on Saturday, might be a game on Tuesday. It's not a regular schedule.

TL;DR - it's a different beast. But it's SO good.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Im far behind as well but I enjoy it
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Oh I read enough of these boards and twitter to know it ain’t the E. I think I’ll enjoy it a lot.

Should say another reason I watch as match E is my kids are into it now. My daughter loves it and my son likes it. 10 and 7. It’s pretty awesome. We watched the Punk/Cena title match on Xmas Eve this year and they were glued to the tv.
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
I will have to check these out. I've really wanted to watch Kenny Omega stuff but just haven't known where to start and I get distracted with life so I forget to research. I really want to check out all of Jericho's work in NJPW too.

I think I'll watch the first match on my lunch break today.
The first match Chris posted, the video has the Japanese commentary. I know that can make it a lot more difficult to get into. There's English commentary for that match somewhere but I guess not for free online, probably only on NJPW World. But if you watch the first match and it doesn't click with you because of the commentary, don't fret. All of NJPW's major shows have English commentary now. And the commentary is actually really good too, leaps and bounds better than Michael Cole telling us what's trending every 3 minutes.

Looks like the other 2 matches have English commentary though so you should be good.

Didn’t realize it was the Japanese commentary. Honestly, it took the English commentary a while to find their footing but the combination they have now is good. The only complaint is Kevin Kelly doesn’t have an exciting voice. Don Calis can be hilarious, Chris Charlton is a wealth of knowledge (but still a rookie). But yes, the Japanese commentary can be exciting as fuck to listen to!

Here is the English version:
13 DAYS
2017’s G1 > 2018’s G1
Watched the first match. Insane. I can tell I will like Omega a lot.

Only complaint is the end was like watching two guys play Raw vs Smackdown who are pros and it’s just reversal after reversal.

That being said, the stiffness, the timing. The announcers not talking all over everything. Very good stuff
[+] 3 users Like Opitiplex's post
forget all that boring gay shit everyone is sayin.

only big news you need to know: with the current state of the economy rumor has it noodlemania may not happen this yaer!!!!
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.