All Elite Wrestling
Apparently there is a new promotion in the works (as rumored).

Trademarks have been filed, there are billionaire backers, a possible Tuesday night show and/or PPV. I dont want to copy and paste everything but here is the reddit thread for it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/c...wrestling/
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Makes sense for Marty to have moved to Tampa. Not that far from Jacksonville.

They’re gonna need more than the handful of them for this to be successful.
I mean, I think the name kinda sucks, but NXT is one of the top 2 promotions in the world right now and that doesnt even mean anything.

Its gonna be tough, the backer better be prepared to eat costs for a few years. To make this work they are also going to have to fucking ruin every other indie(if you can even call this that) promotion. All the guys WWE doeant have hands on they are gonna need to get under exclusive deals for a significant amount of time.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I feel like a lot of this will hinge on places like NJPW and ROH lending talent. And if they do become successful, at what point do wrestlers stop doing them favors and start making bigger demands?
Even their exclusive contracts would have to be short term, like 2 years. I wouldn’t take anything more than that. WWE would offer way more.
(11-21-2018, 01:19 PM)Chris Wrote: I feel like a lot of this will hinge on places like NJPW and ROH lending talent. And if they do become successful, at what point do wrestlers stop doing them favors and start making bigger demands?

If they dothat, they run into the same problem Impact has, where they just look like everyone else. And if it's just another MLW/Impact/RoH where they all look the same.
[Image: Chaos.png]

All Elite Wrestling
All Out PPV

Clearly, this is someone trying to ape on the success of the Young Bucks and the All In show. This level of infringement reeks of Jim Cornette and Jacques Rougeau. I hope the Bucks and Kody sue them into the ground.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
It’s Dixie Carter and Vince Russo
It will be really interesting to see where they get the talent from and what they'll do to make their product stand out. Just look at this board, despite having a ton of huge marks on here, almost no one watches Impact (even now that's its gotten good) or Lucha Underground, one of the freshest takes on Pro Wrestling. WWE has 7 million hours of new programming every week, and every little indy promotion is now selling DVDs or iPPVs. NJPW has reopned their LA dojo (and apparently cut out the Inoki family from running it) and is promising more shows in the US and more english content.

Anyone on the indys who is any good is touring the country, so if you can't see them at the local Bingo parlor on Friday, you can watch them wrestle on Twitch or Youtube, or iPPV every weekend.

As big of a success that All In was, can they keep the momentum going? NJPW ran a show in Long Beach a month after All In with the Bucks and Cody there, and weren't able to sell it out.

So interested to see where it goes and what they come up with.
They should have Hitchcock be the promoter and I'll be his cholo body guard

Big Spooky
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
[+] 1 user Likes Brulos's post
(11-21-2018, 05:06 PM)Hitchcock Wrote: NJPW ran a show in Long Beach a month after All In with the Bucks and Cody there, and weren't able to sell it out.

Highly doubt this. Big dave AKA "I'm rite 33% of the time but never wrong" said it was a sellout & housed moar people than when Hogan was there in '86 because......new japan rocks, new japan rocks!!!!!!
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post
I bought my tickets for it 30 min before it started. I paid $34 for tickets in the 1st elevated row (4th row overall), dead center of the ring. Face value on the tickets was I think $160. There were plenty of seats with no one in them. So it may have technically sold out, but either they were bought up by scalpers who had a bad day or there were a lot of people whose cars broke down on the day of the show.
I wish them the best but this feels a little too ambitious to me. I just can't see this working long term. Maybe if they wanted to keep it small, like a PWG-type deal. But I think this is flying too close to the sun.

But hey maybe they'll prove me wrong.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Seems like alot of work...but what if this is just a big ass trolling job?
NJPW should have ran shows every 6 months, limited its use of Americans, and changed their location every other show at a minimum. If they still want to have a US promotion with their school, keep it small and do small shows that feature 1-4 NJPW talent, air it online/, plug it on TV, and then bring in the US promotion’s top stars for NJPW’s big shows. Not that complicated.

Agreed about this being too ambitious for the Bucks and Cody. It stresses me out just thinking about it.
^ spoken like a dumb wrestling fan
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
^Spoken like someone who would spend time in Clearwater, FL.
[+] 4 users Like Chris's post
^spoken like a guy who is speaking to a guy who isn’t sure if spoken to guy understood speaking guys spoken word was sarcasm but probably did
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
Correct.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
(11-27-2018, 09:36 PM)tehgiftofgab Wrote: ^spoken like a guy who is speaking to a guy who isn’t sure if spoken to guy understood speaking guys spoken word was sarcasm but probably did

I am way too stoned for this sentence.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
(11-27-2018, 09:54 PM)Peezy Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 09:36 PM)tehgiftofgab Wrote: ^spoken like a guy who is speaking to a guy who isn’t sure if spoken to guy understood speaking guys spoken word was sarcasm but probably did

I am way too stoned for this sentence.

Ironically I was just enough stoned to type that sentence
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
The latest episode of Being The Elite continues the tease of the cast’s next move in pro wrestling. This episode may have upped the ante quite a lot though. There are constant teasers throughout for something major being on the horizon. Teases include Cody and Brandi having ‘money shakes,’ Kenny Omega looking at starting salaries, Hangman looking at a list of names, and finally Nick Jackson having a premonition.

The premonition is preceded by a countdown clock the appears to be ending on January 5, which is, of course, the day after NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom. But perhaps the biggest note is that during Nick Jackson’s premonition, a clip of Cody Rhodes is shown where Cody says “we’re going double or nothing.”

Double Or Nothing is one of the trademarks that the new All Elite Wrestling LLC has trademarked and is widely believed to be the sequel to this past Summer’s All In.
They are expecting an announcement by the end of January. I assume by the end of New Years Dash we will know a lot more. There wasn’t much info given in the new BTE. The bucks did do a call back to an episode from a year or two ago referencing perhaps their last date with ROH.