All Elite Wrestling
Yeah Goldberg isn't someone you want to build the company around or anything, but he's a big name, and he'd make a decent authority figure or on-screen character. Probably wouldn't want him to work many matches though.

As for Sami, all I know is they've been playing videos for him on Raw lately saying "returning soon" so who knows.

Looks like AEW and Goldberg are following each other on Twitter though...

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/108...5188229120

If they don’t get Kenny Omega, CM Punk may be enough to help kick it off
If I was Cody and the Bucks I wouldn't want anything to do with Punk outside of a few one shot deals. He brings too much baggage with him. He would walk in there ready to be a shotcaller and think he deserves it and that's just not what they need. Might as well sign Teddy Hart and Low Ki as well.
[+] 1 user Likes sanderz1's post
I dunno. I think Punk would probably be a great person to build the company around, at least at first. He's still reasonably young, and being that he hasn't actually wrestled in about 5 years now, he isn't as beat up as he would be if he had kept wrestling so you may have a still reasonably prime CM Punk for a couple of years.

Punk would be a huge name buzz and I think it's possible that this type of project could reinvigorate his passion for wrestling. Punk isn't afraid to do jobs or put people over, he just seems to be the type of guy who wants it to make sense and to have the freedom to do his matches more or less how he wants, and to use his own words on the mic. I expect that wouldn't be a problem at all in AEW.

The question is if they could get him and afford him.
Many people have soured on Punk and I join that sentiment. Him not paying Colt’s lawyer fees for one, his exposed exaggerations of his health were another...but that MMA fight was just embarrassing. I don’t think I want to see him come back after what was the equivalent of an older sibling beating you with your own limb and asking “Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?” Also his work doesn’t quite hold up as well as you might remember given how amazing wrestling has become since 2014. Sure it is still decent by WWE standards but even those standards have raised. Thanks to the booking of the time, almost none of those bouts have that “big fight feel” outside of Cena, Taker, and Brock.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Punk also has a deal with UFC still, he is a commentator for fight pass for CFCC. And i think they need to avoid WWE guys in general. TNA went down that road(of faith), and it didndidnt end well
[Image: Chaos.png]

I will continue to defend pretty much everything I've seen out of Punk.

For starters, I don't think he's the type of guy who would go in demanding shit. I'm sure he'd want a lot of money, but that's fair. He's a huge star and his return to wrestling would be massive. As for trying to run shit and have an ego, that's basically been the opposite of Punk his entire career. When he was WWE champion, he wouldn't shut up about wanting to help the next generation. He was putting over Tyson Kidd in promos with the Rock and going down to NXT and teaming with Seth Rollins when he was nobody. If anything, I think Punk is the kind of guy who would be completely into the whole "change the world" mindset these guys have. This whole AEW thing is the very definition of DIY and punk rock. It's right up his alley.

Not sure about building the company around him. I really do think his full-time days are done. But he would be perfect in some sort of part-timer Jericho-style role.

As for his ring-work not holding up...he was never the best at that anyway. Punk is naturally un-athletic. But he knows how to work a crowd better than anybody and there's still almost nobody that can hang with him on the mic. His UFC fights don't mean shit, he can talk his way back from that easy. Lesnar got wrecked in his last fights before he returned, then pissed hot after his most recent fight, and nobody even remembers. Opponents can bring it up every now and then to get the "oooh!" reaction from the crowd, he'll have a smart ass comeback, and it'll be forgotten. Everyone (ESPECIALLY the kind of fans who are gonna be into AEW) knows it's fake. Him getting wrecked in UFC doesn't hurt anything. He's CM Punk. He'll get over again just fine.

His exposed health exaggerations? He literally proved them in court and won. And even if you find anything that he exaggerated about, I mean...so what? He was on a podcast, talking off-the-cuff to a friend. Everyone says shit like "Oh man, you should have seen it. That bump was like the size of a golfball!" In reality, of course not, but that's just how people talk when they're shooting the shit. He never expected to have to testify to the exact diameter of the bump 4 years later in court.

Him not paying Colt’s lawyer fees....this one I actually feel REALLY strongly about. I've mentioned this before, but without going into too many details, earlier this year, my wife's father died. Her family is dirt poor, like trailer trash, 9 people living in a 2 bedroom trailer with no internet in the middle of nowhere kinda shit. They had no life insurance. My wife and I aren't rich by any means, but we're solidly middle class. Long story short, we ended up paying for everything. All told, we ended up paying more than $10,000 to put this dude in the ground and handle all the expenses that come with an unexpected death and funeral.

Since then, things have gotten really messy. We've bent over backwards to help her family, to the point that we can't anymore (and without getting into details, there's also several reasons we wouldn't anymore even if we could). But they keep trying. In their eyes, we're rich and they have repeatedly tried to take advantage of it and now we're the assholes who abandoned the family, even though we literally emptied our savings for them.

My point is this: when big sums of money get involved, people change quick.

In the Colt/Punk case, we've only heard one side of the story, and we heard it from a legal document that, by design, is meant to make Punk look as bad as possible, because that's what you're supposed to do in a lawsuit. I'm not saying Colt is being greedy or anything. He may be in the right, we have no idea. But from the texts that were shown in that lawsuit, there was clearly a major falling out between them at some point which led to Colt changing lawyers. None of us know why. And I refuse to paint Punk as the bad guy when we probably only know 10% of the full story because I've been in that position.

I'm just saying, Punk is the kind of guy who literally bought his friend's house out of foreclosure. I doubt he decided to tell his best friend to fuck off without feeling like he had a good reason. And until I hear what that reason is, I can't pick a side.

[+] 3 users Like Peezy's post
Apples to Oranges with Brock and Punk. Brock was a proven badass in UFC. Punk was told by everyone he was shit and he was.

Punk not being the most athletic person is hyperbole. He had a wider move set than most guys but due to his opponents and position on the card, it was never great and now it struggles to look good. It’s the Meltzer effect of what was 5 stars in 1985 wouldn’t even be 4 stars today. The same logic applies to Punks matches. And before you claim “it applies to all matches” 1) No shit and 2) See item #1.

It wasn’t just the size of the lump he exaggerated about but it was the Z packs being given out for everything and there was at least one more thing he had spoken about to trash the guy but I would have to dig it up. Nobody expected that to be examined word for word years later but it left the impression that maybe that’s how he is in general. “Wrestler Works Fans” holy shit what a scoop! I just find it bothersome that someone who portrays himself as being a straight shooter would take that avenue.

There was a good amount of information in those text messages where Punk agreed to cover the lawyer fees of Colt. You’re right that we do not have all the details yet. The falling out all seems to stem around the fact that Colt went to visit some people at a WWE show or do a tryout sometime after Punk knew he was being dragged to court. The thing is, no matter how you look at it, Punk cost Colt probably everything he spent years saving. Colt had his friend’s back and I’m sure Punk had the mindset that they would fight this together. But as we know, something happened and they no longer felt as though they could trust each other. If that is the case, the onus is on Punk to change the agreement regarding the legal fees. Legally, Colt wouldn’t just be allowed a blank check; there are limitations and none of us are experts in law so where that line is drawn, who knows? When Colt got his own legal council, its possible Punk never said a word and wrongly assumed Colt would pay for it on his own. But given the history of both men, I seriously, seriously doubt that Colt did something so horrendous to cause this falling out. It sounds much more like Punk and his imaginary set of rules that caused all of this and rather than come to a compromise, he put on his headphones and texted his lawyer.
I just feel like that's a lot of assumption about a situation we know nothing about. I'm not willing to get on the "fuck Punk" train without more info.

The texts weren't really that specific. The gist was basically "I can't afford it"/"don't worry, I got you" and not much more than that.

Assumptions or educated guesses? At this point I don’t feel he earns the benefit of the doubt given his pattern of assholish, unpredictable behavior. Trust me, I’m an expert.
I really think its moot. I dont think Punk would want to be a part of it. And this is an organization backed by a fucking billionaire, the opposite of punk rock. Punk would be if they risked it all for this. This has no risk for the Bucks or Cody or anybody but Khan.

Also, Kenny apparently got a huge contract offer with a lot of unique stipulations, Dave calls it a "fantastic offer" so we'll see where he falls.

Saturday AEW, ROH and NJPW are going to have a meeting to see how they work together if at all.

I was really put off by Punk by a shoot interview he did back in 2003ish where he already thought he was the best thing in the whole industry, and lets be honest 2003 Punk was nowhere near the best ast anything. If you think he looked sloppy and unathletic in his prime, early 2000s Punk was laughably bad.

It was basically two hours of Punk shitting on everywhere and everyone he ever worked with outside of the GBM. I knew then this guy was gonna have a hard time getting along anywhere. The only place I think he was ever really happy was in ROH because they basically just let him do whatever he wanted to do.
Gotta side w Chris on this one peez *shrug*
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
That's ok. I'm with Peezy.
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
GOD DAMNIT ZACK
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
Sounds like Kenny may be taking that WWE deal.

Current rumor is an event in Las Vegas in May over the three day weekend.
Well, they might not get Kenny. Doesnt look like Kota is going to be available for awhile. NJPW basically told them to get fucked. But hey, they said they are going to have Conrad Thompson involved.

I wonder if they will work with MLW then. Part of me still wonders if this is all some elaborate work or if they will at least work together in the future.

ROH really helped out the All In show and for the Bucks and Cody to kind say “thanks for the help, now fuck off” is a bit cold...but I’m wondering if they are more appreciative to the individuals than the company itself/some of those in charge. I wish we could fast forward 5-10 years from now when there are so many podcasts, shoots, and tweets explaining the entire story surrounding this.
I'm curious to see who AEW hires to run things behind the scenes. Because yeah, like you said, ROH was extremely involved in the success of All In. I'm curious to see if AEW starts poaching ROH producers and office people.

They already started with BJ Whitmer who ran gorilla for ROH.
I’d like a BJ mirite
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
[+] 1 user Likes Brulos's post
To the surprise of no one, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky aka SoCal Uncensored have inked deals with All Elite Wrestling.

Not a Scorpio Sky fan. He isn’t bad in the ring but he doesn’t have “it.” He is like a Chavo Guerrero.
A few months back Cody had posted a picture of some things his dad left and one was his booking journals. Pretty sure Cody wants to be that and do that.
AEW needs something to differentiate themselves, they need different talent. This is looking more and more like the same old shit.

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
I wonder if Super Dragon would give up PWG and his day job to try and run AEW? He's certainly got a long history with the Bucks and SoCal Uncensored.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
I'm curious what it's going to be. I think we're all expecting a regular wrestling show but I wouldn't be surprised if it's got a lot of BTE-type storyline stuff built in. Some Lucha Underground type shit but BTE style.

You’re high again, aren’t you?
Literally always.