All Elite Wrestling
Kenny never said anything about sticking together though, Cody did.
Kenny's in a really weird but also great position. His contract is up this month and he's about to be the beneficiary of a pretty damn strong bidding war.

AEW really really really needs him to make this work. He's the biggest non-WWE star in the world. He's the guy AEW could and should anchor around. But I also don't know that signing with an upstart indie company is the best move for him. He's 35. He has the star power to walk into WWE right now and be a main eventer and world champion. He's also the linchpin for NJPW's global expansion. He's vital to them. He's likely at the peak of his career and health. If he's ever going to capitalize on it, now seems to be the time.

I understand wanting to stay loyal and be with your friends, but I just don't have a ton of confidence in this AEW thing working out. I respect the fuck out of Cody and the Bucks and everything they've done but this just feels too big to me. I'd love to be proven wrong but if I'm Kenny, I don't know that I'd gamble the best and biggest money making years of my career on my friends' new indie idea when I could be main eventing Wrestlemania or Tokyo Dome. But he knows his situation better than me, so who knows.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

It’s easy. Sign with WWE for a year or two OR stay with NJPW for a year or two with a contract stating you’ll get creative control and have an Okada-like title run. THEN jump to AEW.
[Image: 6hWZ8sh.gif]
11 DAYS
As Meltzer also said on Wrestling Observer Radio, the Tony Khan-backed AEW is said to be getting significant interest from potential broadcast partners. That’s largely off the success of ALL IN, which is being seen as proof a Cody Rhodes & The Young Bucks-focused show can attract big audiences. According to Mike Johnson at PWInsider, Kahn & team are focused on getting a Tuesday night time slot for whatever their show ends up being called. The idea being to slide into the slot SmackDown LIVE has occupied on cable for the past couple of years when that show moves to Fridays on FOX, in a time slot when a lot of fans are already accustomed to watching wrestling.

Doesn’t sound like a guaranteed path to success, but it does seem like a sounder strategy than Impact’s alleged hope fans will seek out Pursuit Channel on Fridays after SmackDown ends. The Khans will likely help AEW land at a better network than the Anthem-financed outdoors channel, too.

This morning’s announcement also included word of a Jan. 8 promotional event for AEW’s next pay-per-view (PPV) event, Double or Nothing. A lot of the attention regarding that has been focused on its Jacksonville, Florida location. Part of the Khan business empire is the NFL’s Jacksonville Jaguars franchise, after all. But that’s not the only - or maybe even the main - reason The Elite chose J-ville for their pep rally.

SmackDown will be taping their first live show of 2019 later that night, just down the road from TIAA Bank Field at Jacksonville Memorial Arena. Insider says fans attending the WWE show at 7:30PM ET will need to drive by the AEW event. And most of us probably remember what happened the last time Cody, the Bucks, Hangman Page and crew were within shouting distance of a WWE taping...

In addition to that quartet, the Jan. 8 rally is also advertising SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) and Brandi Rhodes.

Still no word on Kenny Omega, who’s involvement may hinge on AEW’s working agreement with New Japan. But we should know more about Omega and the NJPW/All Elite relationship after Fri., Jan. 4’s Wrestle Kingdom 13.

We already have some idea of the new promotion’s approach to WWE
(01-01-2019, 02:25 PM)Chris Wrote: It’s easy. Sign with WWE for a year or two OR stay with NJPW for a year or two with a contract stating you’ll get creative control and have an Okada-like title run. THEN jump to AEW.

That might be the best bet long term tbh. If he goes to the WWE for a few years, is a main eventer then leaves for AEW, that makes a huge statement. Especially if they throw a ticker tape parade for him.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Like when Hogan left WWF for a WCW.
Or when Christian returned from TNA.
11 DAYS
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Would WWE jump Kenny right to a title shot / big push though? Or does he get the Balor / Bullet Club treatment?
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Get him to win Rumble/EC as a surprise entrant. Keep it real close to the vest. Beat Daniel Bryan, let Balor/Rollins beat Lesnar. Next year’s Mania Omega vs Balor/Rollins. Omega on Fox’s SmackDown would be great.
(01-01-2019, 09:30 AM)Sal Undy Wrote: this in no way affects noodlemania so who cares

[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 1 user Likes Sal Undy's post
(01-01-2019, 10:44 PM)Hitchcock Wrote: Would WWE jump Kenny right to a title shot / big push though?  Or does he get the Balor / Bullet Club treatment?

I think he gets the AJ treatment, if not more. He's a bigger star than any of those guys ever were before coming in.

Do the casual fans take to Kenny working wwe style matches though? I know that's a concern for every Indy darling they sign, but we've seen a helluva lot of can't miss prospects miss simply because wwe doesn't let them go out there and do what got them over in the first place
Oh yeah, there's always like, a 60% chance WWE will fuck up a can't-miss layup.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Casual fans?
11 DAYS
There are no casual wrestling fans.

And at the very least WWE had allowed some guys to go out there. Bryan and AJ are having very atypical WWE matches.

It’s cute to think one of the best wrestlers in the world (within the top 4) could some how not conform to the WWE style...BUT a case can be made for a majority of Shinsuke’s matches. He hasn’t had many bad matches but only one or two are close to his NXT performances and very few are close to his NJPW highlights.
11 DAYS
Shinsuke waited too long. He was already pretty broken down and slowed down by injuries before he even came to WWE. He was never going to be as good as he was in Japan.

His debut with Sami Zayn is still the best match he's had in WWE.

Holy fuck that reminds me... are sami zayn and Kevin Owens still w the company?! Did they get double injured?? Where the fuck they been???
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
Yeah, double injured. Even the injuries came in double. Sami had surgery on both rotator cuffs while Owens had surgery on both knees.

Apparently they're both coming back soon though. Owens looks like he's lost weight and added some tattoos.

View this post on Instagram

#kevinowens got some new ink. #wwe

A post shared by Wrestling Inc. (@wrestlinginc) on

He needed to lose weight. I know he’s always been who he is but at the end before his injuries he was rather large
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Nak is a bad example. One of the reasons he loves the WWE is that he doesnt have to wrestle the NJPW style and pace. Nakamura is notoriously lazy, Tanahashi talks about it in his book how Nak has all the talent but no motivation and had to really be persuaded to work.

Nak just wants to surf and eat.

(01-02-2019, 10:24 PM)Ceallach Wrote: Nak is a bad example. One of the reasons he loves the WWE is that he doesnt have to wrestle the NJPW style and pace. Nakamura is notoriously lazy, Tanahashi talks about it in his book how Nak has all the talent but no motivation and had to really be persuaded to work.

Nak just wants to surf and eat.

If he was so lazy, id think he'd rather wrestle njpw and do less than half of the dates
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
The travel is for sure easier in Japan but goddamn they hit hard.

The Young Bucks have signed with AEW officially.
Rumour Roundup:
Jim Ross and Chris Jericho will be very involved with All Elite Wrestling, according to sources of rajah.com.
Those sources also say AEW will “go hard” after WWE talent and other personnel. The promotion will feature a mix of younger wrestlers and legends, with Goldberg being a name on their wish list.
Tony Khan, who rajah says is fronting the $100 million launch of the company, is using his media connections to try and secure a TV contract. They’re supposedly talking to Time Warner about getting on TBS/TNT.
The Young Bucks signing the Young Bucks to the Young Bucks' own promotion is the most Young Bucks thing ever.

And oh man, the lolz if they end up on TBS or TNT

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
I really hope Global Force somehow gets involved.

Really though, TNA trying to leech onto them makes me laugh. I will be interested to see and hear what takes place with their press conference. As for Goldberg...it is 2019. He was big in 1999 and had a forgettable but fun run in 2017. He should leave it at that.
11 DAYS
Sami isn't close to returning, as he has said on Jericho's podcast. KO is probably closer to returning than Sami is, he may be back anytime between now and right after Mania.

I'll definitely be All In on AEW when they start doing shows. Very interesting and bold prospect to make a new promotion. They seem smart enough to not fuck up like NWA:TNA/TNA/Impact Wrestling have, and bold enough to try to grow bigger than RoH has. Would be good for business all around if we had a fresh new company that performed well.

Obviously they wouldn't catapult to WWE levels of success anytime soon, but if they can get a good TV deal like TBS or TNT, they'd be off to a damn good start of establishing themselves as a solid alternative to WWE. As long as they don't try to go head-to-head against WWE or NXT for a few years, they'll probably be able to get things off the ground and take a solid spot in the market for themselves.
(01-03-2019, 09:30 AM)Peezy Wrote: The travel is for sure easier in Japan but goddamn they hit hard.

Also he probably has less overall in ring time. Most house matches are less than 10 min. He only has to go 20 minutes or more a couple times a year.

I doubt Goldberg would be wrestling. Probably a commentator or other non-wrestling role. He's got lots of experience doing that outside of wrestling.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]