Official G1 Climax Thread
[Image: D7ziyWS.jpg]

The best time of the year is here. New Japan's G1 tournament starts early Saturday morning. The next 2 weeks are going to be filled with some of the best matches of the year and will probably determine a lot of what happens in NJPW from now until January.

[Image: TBGTeRh.png]
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 2 users Like Rob's post
Starting off with the main event for 7/15 Kenny vs Naito
Rey Mysterio is working the G1 Finals show at Budokan Hall

Also, the G1 press conference from last night

Here's a really good guide to the G1 for anyone new and wanting it explained
https://hairywrestlingfan.com/2018/07/09...n-newbies/

First show was last night. Spoilers, obviously:

Mid-life crisis Okada losing to Jay White was unexpected but it was a pretty good match. Sazuki torturing Tanahashi was good stuff. Bullet Club implosion continuing with the Tongans attacking Hangman. Overall, good first night but nothing must-see.

Tonight has Omega vs. Naito though, plus Ibushi vs. ZSJ. Should be great.

I'm awake and watching this live. Currently about 3am.

Ishii vs. Yano was better than it had any right to be and the best Yano match I've ever seen. Pretty low bar but still. Be can do more than just comedy!

Juice vs. Tama Tonga was good but nothing worth going out of your way to see.

Goto vs. SANADA now...

Goto/SANADA was great, especially the last 5 minutes or so

How was the Jay White match? I'm not shocked that they did that as it makes for a better story if Okada does in fact go to the finals. They also traditionally do something big the first night.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
It was okay. But it was building up to Jay White saying he is taking over Chaos. Which I think is supposed to elevate Jay but really just feels like it is dragging Okada down.

Even with the screwy finish, it just doesn't seem like he should have been able to put Okada away.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I enjoyed it. They definitely got Jay White over as a cheating ass heel.

Last night was way better. Goto/SANADA was great and the last 2 matches (Ibushi/ZSJ and Omega/Naito) are absolute must-watches. Especially Omega/Naito, holy shit what a match. Legit MOTY shit. Up there with the Okada matches. My god.

Waiting for the 1st to roll around so I can subscribe.
Yeah, NJPW's billing cycle process sucks.

Last night's G1 was blah. Jay White/Tanahashi was good, and Makabe/Suzuki was too, but man, A-block sucks this year.

Just watched Jay White v Okada

Seems like Okada is transitioning.
Mid-life crisis Okada is weirding me out man. I have no idea what they're doing with him right now. I've decided I'll never understand how Gedo's mind works. I'm just along for the wild ride.

It's weird. Sadboy okada is weird. I think they are going with. A depressed because he lost the title thing?
[Image: Chaos.png]

ZSJ and Ibushi was awesome.

Naito v Omega...gah damn the Destino countered into an piledriver fuck.

Is Omega gonna draw v Ibushi when Ibushi loses a point, thus making Omega B winner? I honestly think A block may go to Jay White. Have Omega beat him in the finals and name Ibushi his opponent for WK.

Have Ibushi vs Okada for the right to take on Omega. Jay White causes Okada to lose it.
[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
Just finished night 3.

I don’t know what to think about Okada now.

I really do not like Yoshi Hashi.

Hangman is growing on me, good match with Elgin.

Jay White v Tanahashi was good
Watching last night's show now. SANADA/Tama was pretty good.

Yano/ZSJ was fun as hell. Yano actually making an effort this year is entertaining as shit and a nice change of pace from his usual goofy matches.

Fuck Rob. Yano is a treasure!
That Ibushi huricanrana off the apron tho....holy shit.

That Ibushi moonsault off the ringpost tho....HOLY SHIT

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Naito vs. Ishii OMFG. This match was fucking BRUTAL. BRUTAL

Omega/Goto was great. But Ishii/Naito is still match of the night for me.

Someone do me a favor and keep a top 3 matches prior to the finals.
Fell asleep on Yano ZSJ. Will watch later.
Tama Tonga and Sanada was really good.

Is NJPW just being lazy and having all the factions have issues, but Suzuki-Gun?
(07-20-2018, 12:47 AM)Chris Wrote: Someone do me a favor and keep a top 3 matches prior to the finals.

Lots of stuff is worth going out of your way to see (don't sleep on Yano's matches) but as far as absolute MUST-see, so far there's only 4 imo:

Ibushi vs. ZSJ
Omega vs. Naito
Naito vs. Ishii
Omega vs. Goto
Ishii vs. Goto

And depending on how much you like ZSJ matches, everyone may not agree on that first one. But so far, Naito/Ishii is my favorite match of the tournament so far.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
(07-19-2018, 03:45 PM)Peezy Wrote: That Ibushi huricanrana off the apron tho....holy shit.

That Ibushi moonsault off the ringpost tho....HOLY SHIT

Juice v Ibushi was great
Newest addition to must-see matches (I'll edit the other list so it's all in one place for convenience):

Ishii/Goto

Naito/Juice was really good too but I'm not sure it's quite must-see. But it's on the cusp. But Ishii/Goto is basically just 2 refrigerators beating the goddamn brakes off each other.

Also, just not really buying into Tama as a top guy yet but they're damn sure trying.

Maybe Tama needs to ask Roman for some advice on getting over!
*high fives Fro*
[+] 4 users Like Chris's post
Ishii and Naito went balls out
Then Kenny had to go and slam Goto on the damn bench seats in the arena. I bet Goto’s thigh hurt like a mother fucker for atleast 3 days.