Official G1 Climax Thread
[Image: D7ziyWS.jpg]

The best time of the year is here. New Japan's G1 tournament starts early Saturday morning. The next 2 weeks are going to be filled with some of the best matches of the year and will probably determine a lot of what happens in NJPW from now until January.

[Image: TBGTeRh.png]
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 2 users Like Rob's post
Starting off with the main event for 7/15 Kenny vs Naito
Rey Mysterio is working the G1 Finals show at Budokan Hall

Also, the G1 press conference from last night

Here's a really good guide to the G1 for anyone new and wanting it explained
https://hairywrestlingfan.com/2018/07/09...n-newbies/

First show was last night. Spoilers, obviously:

Mid-life crisis Okada losing to Jay White was unexpected but it was a pretty good match. Sazuki torturing Tanahashi was good stuff. Bullet Club implosion continuing with the Tongans attacking Hangman. Overall, good first night but nothing must-see.

Tonight has Omega vs. Naito though, plus Ibushi vs. ZSJ. Should be great.

I'm awake and watching this live. Currently about 3am.

Ishii vs. Yano was better than it had any right to be and the best Yano match I've ever seen. Pretty low bar but still. Be can do more than just comedy!

Juice vs. Tama Tonga was good but nothing worth going out of your way to see.

Goto vs. SANADA now...

Goto/SANADA was great, especially the last 5 minutes or so

How was the Jay White match? I'm not shocked that they did that as it makes for a better story if Okada does in fact go to the finals. They also traditionally do something big the first night.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
It was okay. But it was building up to Jay White saying he is taking over Chaos. Which I think is supposed to elevate Jay but really just feels like it is dragging Okada down.

Even with the screwy finish, it just doesn't seem like he should have been able to put Okada away.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I enjoyed it. They definitely got Jay White over as a cheating ass heel.

Last night was way better. Goto/SANADA was great and the last 2 matches (Ibushi/ZSJ and Omega/Naito) are absolute must-watches. Especially Omega/Naito, holy shit what a match. Legit MOTY shit. Up there with the Okada matches. My god.