Lesnar back in UFC
And this was just about the most scripted shit ever.

Spoilers for tonight's UFC main event if you care.

https://streamja.com/rORN
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

TURDY IS A PIECE OF SHIT. JDS IS A PIECE OF SHIT
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 1 user Likes Sal Undy's post
(07-08-2018, 05:23 AM)Sal Undy Wrote: TURDY IS A PIECE OF SHIT. JDS IS A PIECE OF SHIT

Fite me IRL faggit
[Image: 10-girls-sexy-funny-gifs.gif]
Lesnar is gonna be murdered
[Image: Chaos.png]

Regardless that was a blast to watch and saved for a pretty shitty card overall.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(07-07-2018, 11:39 PM)Peezy Wrote: And this was just about the most scripted shit ever.

Spoilers for tonight's UFC main event if you care.

https://streamja.com/rORN

Scripted or not Brock can talk when given the chance
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(07-08-2018, 09:33 AM)Ceallach Wrote: Lesnar is gonna be murdered

I dunno fam, you think Stan Cormer could beat Taker at Mania? I'll take Brock with a KO in round two.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post
Dana White confirmed Lesnar can't fight until at least January due to USADA suspension.

(07-07-2018, 11:39 PM)Peezy Wrote: And this was just about the most scripted shit ever.

Damn. Guess UFC reely stands for Ultimately Fake Combat. ????

Edit: MY FUCC'N THINKING EMOJIS TURNT INTO QUESTION MARKS!!!!!

wtf i hate message boreds now
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post
I know everyone hates the guy for never being around, but I cannot NOT be a Lesnar fan.

The more he doesn't give a shit, the more I love it.
[Image: 330skup.jpg]

Same, 100%. I fucking love Lesnar.

The "Universal Title" is stupid anyway. I couldn't give a shit if he never defends it. Fuck that ugly red belt.

So, on WOR, Dave hypothesized that this is all Lesnar playing WWE vs UFC again to try and get the most money. He hasn't agreed to ANYTHING on paper beyond one more WWE match. There is no guarantee this fight happens at all.

Good for him. Dude is probably the smartest businessman in the history of wrestling.

I just looked. He's wrestled exactly 50 matches since returning to WWE in 2012. Aside from maybe Cena, he's probably the highest paid guy on the roster and he's managed to do it by working less matches in 6 years than everyone else works in 3 months.

Hell, I'm doing the Observers for 2000 right now and there's weekly news about how Lesnar is negotiating deals with WWF, WCW, and NJPW so even from the very beginning, fresh out of college, he had companies in a bidding war for him and was playing them against each other.

I can't hate on that. We should all be so fortunate and business savvy. I respect anyone who is smart enough to know their worth and I get a special feeling of glee every time Vince McMahon is forced to bend over and take it from someone who doesn't need him as much as he needs them. There's only a handful of people in the business who have enough "fuck you" money to tell Vince to go eat a dick if he has to.

Agreed Mario and Peezy on Lesnar. I fuckin eat it up
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
(07-09-2018, 02:21 PM)Peezy Wrote: Good for him. Dude is probably the smartest businessman in the history of wrestling.

I just looked. He's wrestled exactly 50 matches since returning to WWE in 2012. Aside from maybe Cena, he's probably the highest paid guy on the roster and he's managed to do it by working less matches in 6 years than everyone else works in 3 months.

Hell, I'm doing the Observers for 2000 right now and there's weekly news about how Lesnar is negotiating deals with WWF, WCW, and NJPW so even from the very beginning, fresh out of college, he had companies in a bidding war for him and was playing them against each other.

I can't hate on that. We should all be so fortunate and business savvy. I respect anyone who is smart enough to know their worth and I get a special feeling of glee every time Vince McMahon is forced to bend over and take it from someone who doesn't need him as much as he needs them. There's only a handful of people in the business who have enough "fuck you" money to tell Vince to go eat a dick if he has to.

Who else is in the handful? Rock? Austin? Goldberg? Taker? Cena?
Rock and Cena are probably the only other ones. Rousey too.

Rock, Cena, and Ronda for sure. Austin, Goldberg, and Taker could probably be on the list too but they're still primarily just wrestling guys. Austin's done some acting and reality show shit but nothing special.

I'm mostly talking about people with enough mainstream success or enough success in another field that they can basically walk up to Vince and dictate terms and he has no choice but to swallow his pride and take it. I feel like he might be willing to tell those last 3 no.

But if Rock walked into Raw tonight and said, give me the mic, I wanna go talk for 30 minutes and say whatever I feel like saying, Vince would hand it to him no questions asked. Rock is like the biggest movie star in the world, he has the stroke to make Vince do what he wants, not the other way around. Not many people like that.

I originally thought you meant guys In general who had enough dgaf in them that if they wanted to do something with Vince, Vince would not only jump on it but let them do it whatever they want no questions asked... I didn’t realize you were meaning in the mainstream fame way primarily. Buuuut then using your example at the end.. if Austin wanted to come back for a 30 min promo or in any way shape or form I think he 100% could, just like Goldberg did

No way do I think they’re as famous as the others mentioned
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
AJ probably has that power now. No way Vince would risk losing him after how long it took to get him.
It's still amusing to me how much at first UFC/Dana White wanted the sport distanced from WWE; yet look at the history over the last 15 years:

-All competition bought out until all that became left for rival competition was a company who took their throwaways
-Every major fight involving months of buildup with scripted like promos to draw media attention and gain fan interest
-Having to fall back on crossover stars to come save the day when top guys couldn't fight and cards didn't go in their favor (Lesnar, CM Punk;etc)
-Backstage meltdowns that made headlines everywhere yet resulted in no charges
-The development of a monthly app that allows fans to access fights from the past, specials, events and other airings that are
-Signed agreements with FOX as a major affiliate

Like it or not, UFC isn't so different in the way their product has been built. I don't fault them either. Vince McMahon is a billionaire because those strategies work and as much as all of the Tapout fanboys don't want to hear it, MMA has fallen right into the Sports Entertainment pit. I've personally always loved both but find it humorous when fans, promoters;etc try to pretend that they have nothing in common.
It would be funny if the joke about Braun cashing in on Lesnar at a UFC event came to be.
I mean, modern-day MMA was born out of professional wrestling. As much as die-hard MMA fans hate it, the sport shares a lot of similarities and owes a lot of its success to the foundation laid by wrestling.

Its cyclical. Worked wrestling came out of shoot professional wrestling which was more comparable to MMA than Ammy wrestling which led to wrestlers wanting to shoot for real and forming shit like Pancrase and Pride. I could make a Peezy length post on the history of MMA and how integral pro wrestling is.

You can't separate the two without being delusional.