Official Punk tries MMA again thread
(06-09-2018, 10:06 PM)Mudkips Wrote: https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/...8744354816

Doesn't surprise me. He got his shit wrecked during that 2nd round especially.

I think he had a chance in the first round, he looked okay at times. But once he got tired, it was fucking over. I just hope this finally scratches the MMA itch for Punk. I'd rather not see that again. But I'll always respect the dude for trying and working hard to go after it. And by the third round, most people taking a beating like that probably would have quit. He probably should have, for his own health, but he was determined to finish the fight despite getting murdered.

I dunno....if you don't like Punk, so be it I guess. But I don't understand how anybody can't at least respect the dude.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

(06-09-2018, 10:29 PM)Chris Wrote: Rite. Something something fag something Trump something something something MAGA something Hillary!

Nailed it fam! Excellent posting!! Very good!!
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post

Meanwhile Corey Graves is talking shit all over Twitter about Punk. Basically laughing that he lost the fight because Punk isn't his friend anymore, saying Punk isn't true "punk rock" and so on. Basically acting like an ex lover. He insulted fans and even brought Kenny Omega into it.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
All the credit for going in there and pushing through. But Punk doesn't have the mind to fight. You can tell from his movements and decision-making he just doesn't have it to compete at a high level.

But he made weight, showed up and toughed it out. Njpw's new president is clearly foreign focused, he should light up Punk's phone monday.
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
You're not wrong. I'd wait awhile. Give the guy a year or so and then NJPW should back a dump truck full of cash to his house. If NJPW is serious about expanding their worldwide appeal, signing Punk to a 6 month contract or something and running through some dream matches/angles with him is the way to do it. Punk vs. Omega (especially if it was Punk's first match back) would sell out any arena in America. Book it in Chicago and you might as well rent out Soldier Field.

That being said, I don't know that I would invest in Punk long-term. He's pushing 40 and he's been out of wrestling for nearly 5 years. Who knows if he can still go in the ring? Especially against these incredible NJPW guys. So I'd just sign him to a short-term deal and see how it goes. Besides, he probably wouldn't want to do anything long-term anyway. But if someone offers enough money, I think he'll go back. Except WWE. I really honestly don't believe we'll ever see him there again.

It's going to be different trying to get behind Punk if he ever comes back. Mike Jackson was 30 seconds away from doing the "why you hitting yourself" routine on Punk. Conversely, Mike Jackson should start an epic pro wrestling career. At the very least, how great would it be to see him sitting front row at Raw as a special guest?
Graves wasn’t acting like an ex. He was acting like a man whos great friend turned his back on him because of there he works. Nothing more.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
gee, the 40 year old, under trained fake tough guy lost a fight?!??

I'M SHOCKED.
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 5 users Like Sal Undy's post
(06-10-2018, 02:41 PM)Opitiplex Wrote: Graves wasn’t acting like an ex. He was acting like a man whos great friend turned his back on him because of there he works. Nothing more.

Except Punk is openly still friends with guys like Kofi, Heyman, Gallows, Samoa Joe, Ricochet, etc.

So I'm not buying that Punk just cut Graves out of his life because of where he works. There's more to the story we're not hearing from him, and it was childish of him to make any of it public to begin with. And I love Corey Graves, but he's kinda acting like a bitch here.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Graves made advances on AJ most likely.
[+] 2 users Like DangPlex's post
(06-10-2018, 04:37 PM)Peezy Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 02:41 PM)Opitiplex Wrote: Graves wasn’t acting like an ex. He was acting like a man whos great friend turned his back on him because of there he works. Nothing more.

Except Punk is openly still friends with guys like Kofi, Heyman, Gallows, Samoa Joe, Ricochet, etc.

So I'm not buying that Punk just cut Graves out of his life because of where he works. There's more to the story we're not hearing from him, and it was childish of him to make any of it public to begin with. And I love Corey Graves, but he's kinda acting like a bitch here.

Meh. Is what it is.
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(06-10-2018, 06:58 PM)Opitiplex Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 04:37 PM)Peezy Wrote:

I’m wrong.

Ftfy heh
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
I'm not sure I'd be interested in many dream matches between Punk and the njpw guys. Punks strongest suit was his mic skills and I always thought he was over hyped wrestling wise and looked unnatural in the ring. I just don't think njpw matches up well with his particular strengths
More often than not, Punk was better in the ring than whoever he was working with. Okada, Omega, Suzuki, Ospreay, ZSJ, and Naito, automatic 4 stars guaranteed. Yano? Five plus minimum!
I fucking hate Yano.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

YTR 24/7/365
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
i hope they clown his fag ass on raw somehow cuh
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 2 users Like Sal Undy's post
Maybe not on Raw but at MITB in Chicago he gonna get it fam.

Thriller
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post
I'm kinda over all of the CM Punk hype. I love the guy no question but I'm just more excited for that next generation of talent. I wouldn't be upset or anything to see him back but it's just kinda overkill at this point. I will never defend him walking out on the company or the fans no matter how much he or others feel that he was in the right.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Why?
Fuck that. He doesn't owe that company or the fans a single fucking thing.

No pezzy u wrong!! Everything revolves around me & I need him to come out, smile & wave and thank me for all the support. Don't tell me I'm wrong either, I bought tix to Fastlane where he fought Mysterio so I basically paid his salary, he owes me!!!!!
[+] 4 users Like Fro's post
The moment the fans leave the arena after a wrestling show that they bought tickets for, they're not entitled to anything else.

(06-12-2018, 07:33 AM)Peezy Wrote: Fuck that. He doesn't owe that company or the fans a single fucking thing.

He doesn't but that doesn't mean it was the professional or the right thing to do. Austin still has regrets about when he did that to this day.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Those are different situations tbh. Austin's was a difference with creative. Punks was a issue with respect and health and lifestyle.

Yeah, entirely different situations. Professionalism goes out the window when your health is at stake. Concussions, staff infections, the guy couldn't sleep and was vomiting and shitting himself for months, and Vince just kept putting him out there. That company will push you until you die if you let them. There's not a job or corporation in this world I would put above my own health and happiness, nor should anyone else.

Once the company stops doing right by you, you're no longer obligated to do right by them. Fuck them.

I mean, legally you are TECHNICALLY still required to fulfill your contract, lol.

Apparently not. Punk and everyone else who has ever legally challenged WWE's contracts has had no problem getting out of them.

WWE never wants to let a contract dispute get to court because that would open up the "independent contractor" can of worms, and they don't ever want that being contested in court. That's why anytime someone pushes the issue hard enough and it goes to court, WWE just settles and gives them their release. Because they know their contracts don't hold up in court because the independent contractor status is bullshit.

That's what Neville should be doing if he's seriously wanting to get out of the company. Word is he's already sold his home in the U.S. and moved back to England so he clearly doesn't plan on coming back.

Well, the WWE are about to be fucked anyways. Leslie Smith is challenging the notion that UFC fighters' are independent contractors and not employees and allegedly her case is really good from all indications from those involved. And the UFC is way more fucking lenient on their fighters than WWE is on their wrestlers.

(06-12-2018, 11:08 AM)Peezy Wrote: That's what Neville should be doing if he's seriously wanting to get out of the company. Word is he's already sold his home in the U.S. and moved back to England so he clearly doesn't plan on coming back.

It's a work. Neville fixin' to be the next WWE UK Champion.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]