Official WWE Greatest Royal Rumble Thread 2018
Well this was sure something.

Holy fuck they're blowing up Jeddah
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

The Rumble was slow as expected but entertaining. I never felt completely bored by it like I have at other times. One too many nobodies and NXT guys. It really lacked starpower. Very happy Big Cass did not win.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
I can't find a gif of it, but Cedric dove over the top rope and caught is dick on it as he was flying over.
AE might have gotten fucked up. Reports are that he had to be helped to the back. I'm always paranoid when Taker tombstones someone as I think he cuts it top close in recent years. I saw this and knew it wasn't good but wanted to see the replay. Turns out my eyes didn't deceive me.

Veeeeeeeery disappointing Bryan didn’t win. If Bryan wasn’t number 1 entry, didn’t break the record for longest time in a rumble and looked like, like Peezy said, he went through a war.. I wouldn’t have minded Strowman winning but man they really should have called an audible and gave it to Bryan for an epic wm xxx feel
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[Image: Db0qjcCU8AA1XHX?format=jpg]
https://twitter.com/HunterSTigerson/stat...72327?s=20

[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
https://t.co/YqLV6wPDLK

Hell of a tailwind
MIA:

205 Live Guys
Akira Tozawa
Gentleman Jack Gallagher
Gran Metalik
Hideo Itami
Lince Dorado
Mark Andrews
Mustafa Ali
The Brian Kendrick
TJP

Recent NXT Call-ups
Andrade Cien Almas
Authors of Pain
Drew McIntyre
SAnitY
No Way Jose
Neither of Those Things

R-Truth
Sami Zayn

[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Lashley damn near killed Big Cass
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
(04-27-2018, 02:53 PM)Ceallach Wrote: Who the fuck is Hiroki Sumi?

At work and can't watch. Has anything been worth actually looking up later?

Quote:What's known about Sumi is that he's a former sumo wrestler who competed under the name Hishofuji for 12 years — a career that was highlighted by a 22-match win streak. At the height of his sumo prowess, Sumi was said to weigh in at nearly 500 pounds.

(04-27-2018, 04:59 PM)Chris Wrote: I can't find a gif of it, but Cedric dove over the top rope and caught is dick on it as he was flying over.

RVD comparing Titus to Violent J LOL

[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 3 users Like Ceallach's post
[Image: 298res.gif]

Not a bad show. Had a Mania feel to it which was cool but wish the crowd had got more into it. Hope that this means they are going to put Braun back in the main event picture where he belongs.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]

[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post

Saudi Sport Authority is apologizing and appalled that the WWE had the indecency to show a network video package showing women wrestling.

It was that god awful rap commercial because it had Sasha and Carmella in their wrestling gear.
Looks like WWE should have been following this thread and listening to me
(04-27-2018, 11:34 AM)hedgehogg96 Wrote: Shouldn't they also not have commercials with the women performing to abide by Saudi customs? Can we at least go with that and never play that commercial again?

But seriously, how do they watch WWE shows over there, especially with them cramming in the women's revolution bullshit the past couple years, if women in their gear is so offensive to their customs? Do they cgi a burka or giant censor bar over them or do they get some kind of Hulu version with all the women's stuff cut out of the show? If it's the second one how do we get that version to watch?
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
Zack T - 51
Rob - 37 (You didn't bet on the CW match, loser)
Peezy - 49

YAY I WIN THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE EVER, BOW DOWN PEASANTS.

Ok, I couldn't watch GRR live but I got done watching it a little bit earlier this afternoon. Pretty much all of the matches leading up to the rumble sucked. No one really gave much, they were all just going through the motions it felt like. The only ones that really seemed like they were trying to do anything was the ladder match, Taker/Rusev, and AJ/Shinsuke and even then...the ladder match, there was no fire behind any of the ladder shots, they were clearly pulling their shots there. And yea, Shinsuke/AJ haven't lit off yet but given the state of the other matches for the evening, I'm not surprised on this one.

Not a single title changed hands all night, which led me to think we'd get 1 big title change in Roman winning. But I admit, that ending was pretty awesome. Made Roman look strong while letting Brock escape and also that'll let Brock beat CM Punk's WWE Title reign from a few years ago, which is something I'm sure WWE wouldn't mind doing.

Royal Rumble was fun, DBry's chest and arms looked massacred by the end of it. I knew Bryan was lasting the whole way when he came out at number 1. I also knew once Big Cass came out so late that he was gonna screw it up and eliminate him, and there we go. But I imagine that's cause Bryan will beat Cass. So whatever. They still gave Bryan the longest performance ever and I doubt that it'll ever be broken, unless they go back to 2 minute entry times.

Braun throwing Shane off the turnbuckle through the announcer's table was the exact bump Shane took from Undertaker at King Of The Ring 2000. Sick.

Braun winning made sense. I knew it'd either be him or Daniel Bryan, and either one is fine.

Weird show. Wrestlemania-like presentation, generic bullshit performance.
(04-28-2018, 12:28 PM)Ceallach Wrote: https://twitter.com/gsaksa/status/990138814193721344

Saudi Sport Authority is apologizing and appalled that the WWE had the indecency to show a network video package showing women wrestling.

Well, I guess even terrorist savages make good points every now and then
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

[+] 3 users Like Sal Undy's post
According to Corey Jacobs of wrestlingnews.co, a source has indicated that it was Vince McMahon’s decision to have Titus O’Neil’s botched entrance at the Greatest Royal Rumble be replayed several times. WWE tends to avoid showcasing botches (especially if it’s a top talent) but McMahon was apparently on the verge of tears and couldn’t resist the replays being shown.

McMahon reportedly shook Titus O’Neil’s hand and gave him a pat on the back backstage.

Poor Titus, Vince is gonna have him falling everywhere now

(04-27-2018, 11:00 AM)Chris Wrote: Stands are pretty packed, floor area looks like plenty of room to run in case of a bomb scare! Ok but seriously,  the floor area is obviously reserved for the Birthday Boy.

Wait... Was this seriously a birthday present to some rich Saudi bastard?
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
It's been a running joke. There is no evidence of it but it has that feel.
So it was a Saudi Prince who wanted this show to happen. When being discussed, the names mentioned (as a request) were Yokozuna, The Ultimate Warrior, and The Undertaker (all of which are dead). The Sumo guy may have been a replacement for Yokes. Also apparently there is a mindset that foreign audiences love seeing giants which is why so many large guys were used (randomly) in this Rumble.
LOL

Why couldn't he have requested CM Punk?

I'm surprised there was no talk of Hulk Hogan given the fact that he single handedly saved the world from Iraq.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
By those names requested it sounds like the Saudis are on a hell of a tape delay.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Or he doesn't know wrestling virtually at all and was doing it on behest of his son