Peezy-length WM Review
I've seen it live and watched it back on the Network.

The set obviously looked amazing and it's hard to put into words how massive all that shit looks in person. I was surprised by the lack of outside-the-ring stuff or legends. Usually they have a big sports entertainment segment or backstage skits with old legends showing up. Nada one on this show. No musical guests either, thank god.

Men's Battle Royal - Matt Hardy winning with Bray's help was pretty much what I expected. Goldust doing the dab was hilarious. They only briefly showed it on the Network, but after the match, Matt spent several minutes standing outside the ring carrying on a full-blown 1-sided conversation with the trophy, it was hilarious. I really hope they go all the way with it and have Matt believe the trophy is inhabited by the spirit of Andre.

Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali - I'm super stoked for Cedric Alexander. That dude was just an unsigned indie dude a year or so ago, and then had an awesome match with Ibushi in the Cruiserweight Classic tournament that led to the crowd chanting for Triple H to sign him. They did and now he's performing in front of a stadium full of people. Also, holy shit Ali looked dope. Fun match, happy for Cedric.

Women's Battle Royal - Paige on commentary was rough. God that girl has fallen so far. I kinda dug the little team-NXT shit at the beginning. Naomi winning was fine, but after months of Sasha and Bayley build up, it was a little lackluster. Crowd got super hot when it came down to just the 2 of them. I was hoping it would lead to a good 5-10 minute match before one of them was eliminated. Ah well.

Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor vs. Miz - Seth's white walker eyes entrance was dope. Finn's was disappointing, I wanted Demon Finn. Maybe next year I guess. Really good match. I wanted Miz to win because I'm a huge Miz mark, but Seth is on fire lately so I ain't mad.

Asuka vs. Charlotte - Cool entrance for Charlotte. Hoped for more with Asuka, but then I saw they did the stupid CGI shit. Ugh. Anyway, really good match, and the ending shocked the shit out me. But I don't hate it as much as everybody else. I really think Charlotte is arguably the best all-around female wrestler in the company, not just in-ring but in all her little mannerisms and everything else. She just has some kind of "it" that most of the others don't have. And let's be real, Asuka had to lose eventually. She's been undefeated for, like, 2 years now. It's hard to get mad about her finally having to lose a match. Ronda is already going to be the Brock Lesnar of the women's division. They can't have 2 unbeatable monsters, there's only like, 6 other women who ever get TV time anyway. What's Asuka gonna do, keep beating all of them every week for the next year? It's fine. Besides, Charlotte is probably main eventing with Ronda next year, so she's gotta be booked strong. Same thing they did with Lesnar/Undertaker. Someone had to break the streak and then use it to be pushed to the moon. Charlotte is perfect for that role.

Jinder vs. Orton vs. Roode vs. Rusev - Blah. Only match I barely cared about on the show, and even then I only gave a fraction of a shit because of Rusev. And he ends up eating the pin because for some reason, no matter how many times Rusev proves he's main event material, Vince just doesn't see it. I planned to go get drinks during this match but turns out I wasn't the only one. I sat there and literally watched thousands of people streaming for the concessions so I decided not to bother.

Angle/Ronda vs. Triple H/Stephanie - By far the highlight of the whole show. My expectations weren't high but holy shit, they knocked this out of the park. Ronda especially was incredible. It's no surprise that she was good at the in-ring stuff. She's a world class athlete so I'm not surprised that she was able to grasp that. But even with that, she looked smooth and crisp with all of it. Her transitions to the arm bar, rolling through and picking up Triple H, the hurricanrana, all of it. She looked so much better in the ring than every other first-time wrestling celebrity who's ever done it. But beyond that, it was everything else. The timing, the mannerisms, the selling, working the crowd, her banter with Stephanie and Triple H....she was a fucking natural at all of it. I know this match was very carefully planned out and likely rehearsed from start to finish, but still. That was by far the best legit in-ring debut I've probably ever seen from anyone, male or female. We'll see how she does in future matches, but if she's anything like this in the future, she's going to be a huge star. Props to Stephanie too, she played her role great. Triple H was pretty clearly directing traffic the whole way. And Kurt Angle was....there. He did fine I guess, but it's probably time for him to hang it up. Dude just doesn't have it anymore. But he hit his big spots which was all he needed to do. Anyway, yeah. This stole the show.

Bludgeon Brothers vs. New Day vs. Usos - I missed the New Day entrance live because I finally went to get drinks. Match was pretty forgettable. Hoped Usos would retain, they've been so good this year, they deserved a moment but oh well. Happy for Luke Harper at least.

Undertaker vs. Cena - I laughed SO hard when Elias came out. Oh man. I was expecting it and it was still great. Anyway, Undertaker's entrance is always cool to see live the pop when that first gong hit was something. The match itself was clearly setting up for next year I think. Cena spent all this time calling out Undertaker, talking trash, calling him a coward, acting like he wasn't shit. But when Taker finally showed up....Cena blinked. He was shook and he got his ass beat in record time. My guess: career vs. career next year and we get the REAL Undertaker vs. Cena match, which will probably be Undertaker's last (and if Cena's movie career continues to blow up, might end up being one of his last ones also).

Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. KO & Sami - Obviously this was just the Daniel Bryan Show. 60,000 people doing Yes! chants is a sight to behold. Glad I was able to witness this, just an all-around feel good match and moment. Bryan looks like he hasn't missed a step (as evidenced by his match with AJ last night) and this whole thing was just great. But it's weird because it seems like it should have been the biggest moment of the show, but it kinda felt lost in the shuffle. After this big cathartic moment with Bryan returning, we still had another 2 hours or so left to go.

Nia Jax vs. Alexa Bliss - This was fine I guess. Nothing special to say about it, but not offensively bad or anything either. Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling™

AJ Styles vs. Nakamura - *sigh* This was by far the match I was most excited about on the whole show, and it was good for sure, but it was also disappointing. Maybe my expectations were too high. Maybe they were holding back due to the heel turn and inevitable rematches that will follow. I dunno. This would have been great as a main event for any other PPV, but considering they spent weeks hyping up an all-time classic, this was not that. Oh well. Nakamura's heel turn was excellent and legitimately caught me by surprise. And if it gives us the old school NJPW-style cocky strong style Shinsuke back, it will be all worth it. So yeah, probably the best in-ring match of the show but I was expecting more.

Strowman & Nicholas vs. The Bar - Crowd was befuddled when this first played out, but when he brought the kid to the ring and the match actually started and we all realized it was a legit match with a 10-year-old kid....the crowd was ALL THE WAY IN on it. Nicholas was probably the most over person on the show aside from Bryan and Ronda. The pop when Braun actually tagged him in was monstrous. And then they fucking won. It was so stupid and yes, it probably doesn't do a whole lot for the credibility of the tag division, but goddamn it was a funny moment and the crowd absolutely loved it. Long term, probably not a great idea. But for a short-term Wrestlemania moment, it was great and the crowd ate it up.

Lesnar vs. Roman - Awful match but the crowd made this entertaining. It came across on TV decently but it was so much worse in person. The crowd totally rebelled against this match. Massive "NICHOLAS!" chants. CM Punk chants, This Is Awful chants, Boring chants, Fuck You Roman chants, you name it. Countless beach balls being thrown around, lots of Beach Ball Mania chants. People kept trying to do the wave, but nobody could get their shit together to sync it. But the crowd was 100% extremely not feeling this bullshit. It was fun to see witness a Wrestlemania main event get hijacked in person. They kiiiiiinda woke up briefly when Reigns started gushing blood but otherwise, nobody was having this shit.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 4 users Like Peezy's post
So I read that entire review and to my BIGGEST surprise: this may be the very first review in history you've ever done where I was 100% with you top to bottom on everything that you said.

Well said Sir!
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
Ha! Glad you're finally as smart as me!

Well I wouldn't go that far. I mean I'm still learning how to pronounce the last names of half of the NJPW roster LOL
I agree 100% too.
Get ready for that ice-age, Satan!
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like myxmastrmike's post
Biggest surprise for me this weekend?

Peezy prefers to be called Daniel over dan or Danny Lolol
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
LOL

It's true. My grandmother and cousins call me Dan. That's it.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Im calling you Daniel-san then because I'm much shorter and could be Mr Miyagi except without the whole asian thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
I'll add a few things as I don't plan on doing a full length WM review:

- The stage set was both massive and amazing. It makes me think of WM19 and just how underwhelming that set was in person. I stayed away from spoilers because I wanted that magic moment of seeing it for the first time. Sadly that was ruined due to the ticket fiasco and me being so pissed at that moment. If they ever come back I hope it's a giant Voodoo doll, Big Ass Beer, or boy pussy. The lack of musical guests was a welcomed change but no skits was kind of shit. Oh well.

-I had a hard time telling who all was in the battle royal. After I could see who was left, I was ok with Matt winning. Bray not having a new look was a shock. The slow realization about the potential the trophy has as a character was, well, WONDERFUL! As mentioned before, I'm really hoping for AnBray The Wyatt.

-Only thing to add to the CW match is Ali's entrance gear was dope. Also the stadium was pretty much filled by the end of the battle Royal. FYI, Superdome is a total dump of a venue. Those nosebleeds looked awful high up.

-I couldn't figure out Finn's entrance. Looked like Make a Wish kids or spoiled contest winners. I too am in support of Miz making the IC title. It was a no-lose scenario. I would have been fine with anyone walking out as champion. Hoped for better as the Seth/Finn match on Raw was so good.

-Asuka losing in such lackluster fashion bothers me. Charlotte didn't do much to work the leg and it would have been ok if she were in the hold for a greater length of time. But nooooo. To me this was the wrong time to go for shock value.

-Rondas match was in fact a major highlight. No disagreement. Best match. What concerns me will be her matches with anyone besides Charlotte and Asuka. Sasha, Becky, Hugs McGee are all talented but we don't know how well they can instruct a n00b without tons of practice.

-SD Tag title match should have been made a gimmick match.

-I was there because of Daniel Bryan...and actually forgot at one point that he was even booked. Same thing on Smackdown. You work so hard to bury the pain that sometimes you gotta dig extra deep to find the love. I'm an avid picture taker but I set things aside a number of times to just take in the moment and be a part of it. The booking of the match was a bad call but by the end we got to see all the greatest hits! I wish this went on a little later.

-Eveyone in my section thought Nicholas was a girl until he said his name.

-I otherwise echo and agree with everything Peezy said. However, I want to stress how little of a fuck people gave about Brock and Roman. People leaving, all kinds of chants as mentioned, beach balls, playing on their phones, talking to each other, etc. Nobody cared what happened.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
(04-11-2018, 08:56 PM)Peezy Wrote: LOL

It's true. My grandmother and cousins call me Dan. That's it.

And yet you never corrected me. If I am referring to you for any reason outside of the board, I call you "Dan from Memphis."
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Ha yeah I usually don't bother to correct people because it's not any kind of big deal. It doesn't actually bother me, it's just not what I usually tell people when they ask. But it's fine either way.

I go by Daniel these days myself, it's my first name. And yet there's always a few assholes out there who insist on calling you "Dan".

Whatever.

I was wondering how the live crowd felt during Brock/Roman. My speakers didn't let me hear too much of the chants but I heard CM Punk and I heard This Is Awful and some boos.

And I loved the CGI stuff Peezy - I was also wondering if they had managed to pull off holograms live for the audience to see too, they had drones flying around and stuff. Too bad they didn't, that would've been awesome as fuck. But it looked cool as hell for us at home.
Yeah the crowd was 100% on the fuck the main event train. It was great.

True story: I actually first found out that Peezy went by Daniel from Mick Foley LOL
LOL

He's still Sweet Candy Nutz to me.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Tim's post
You tell em' KZoo!

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
I was probably the only one not on the fuck the main event train, I was at first a little but the more it went on and the more Lesnar was wrecking Roman and then actually won, I marked out pretty hard
I also like I said went to the Heyman thing where he trolled the fuck outta us lol
I got back into the main event once Reigns started bleeding everywhere and yeah, Brock winning was great. I heard a large "Thank you Brock" chant at that point.

Speaking of Reviews, here is Meltzers ratings. Highly disagree with the ROH main event. I almost wonder if it is a typo because it is completely illogical.

Wrestlemania 34

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal - 1.5
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali - 3
WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal - 1.5
Miz vs. Rollins vs. Bálor - 3.5
Charlotte vs. Asuka - 4
Orton vs. Roode vs. Rusev vs. Mahal - 2.75
Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon - 4.25
The Usos vs. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day - 2
The Undertaker vs. John Cena - 1.25
Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kami - 3.5
Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax - 2.75
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 3.75
The Bar vs. Braun Strowman & Nicholas - 1
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - 3
TakeOver: New Orleans

Adam Cole vs. Ricochet vs. EC3 vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream - 5
Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler - 3.25
The Undisputed Era vs. Authors of Pain vs. Dunne & Strong - 3.25
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black - 4.25
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa - 5
Supercard of Honor XII

Chuckie T. vs. Jonathan Gresham - 2
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Punishment Martinez - 2.75
Kota Ibushi vs. Hangman Page - 4.25
Sumie Sakai vs. Kelly Klein - 1.25
SoCal Uncensored vs. Young Bucks & Flip Gordon - 4.5
The Briscoes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jay Lethal - 3.25
Kenny King vs. Silas Young - 3
Kenny Omega vs. Cody - 4.25
Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurll - 2.75
Revolution Pro: Live at WrestleCon (4/6)

Will Ospreay, Chuck Taylor & Rocky Romero vs. Kota Ibushi, Flip Gordon, & Shane Strickland - 4+ (he didn't see the full match, so that's not an official rating)
Zach Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii - 4.25
Holy shit @ Takeover getting two 5-star matches

That takeover was incredible. Best WWE event since WM17
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
You ain't wrong

(04-13-2018, 12:22 AM)Chris Wrote: Speaking of Reviews, here is Meltzers ratings. Highly disagree with the ROH main event. I almost wonder if it is a typo because it is completely illogical.

Wrestlemania 34

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal - 1.5
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali - 3
WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal - 1.5
Miz vs. Rollins vs. Bálor - 3.5
Charlotte vs. Asuka - 4
Orton vs. Roode vs. Rusev vs. Mahal - 2.75
Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon - 4.25
The Usos vs. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day - 2
The Undertaker vs. John Cena - 1.25
Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kami - 3.5
Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax - 2.75
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - 3.75
The Bar vs. Braun Strowman & Nicholas - 1
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - 3
TakeOver: New Orleans

Adam Cole vs. Ricochet vs. EC3 vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Velveteen Dream - 5
Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler - 3.25
The Undisputed Era vs. Authors of Pain vs. Dunne & Strong - 3.25
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black - 4.25
Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa - 5
Supercard of Honor XII

Chuckie T. vs. Jonathan Gresham - 2
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Punishment Martinez - 2.75
Kota Ibushi vs. Hangman Page - 4.25
Sumie Sakai vs. Kelly Klein - 1.25
SoCal Uncensored vs. Young Bucks & Flip Gordon - 4.5
The Briscoes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jay Lethal - 3.25
Kenny King vs. Silas Young - 3
Kenny Omega vs. Cody - 4.25
Dalton Castle vs. Marty Scurll - 2.75
Revolution Pro: Live at WrestleCon (4/6)

Will Ospreay, Chuck Taylor & Rocky Romero vs. Kota Ibushi, Flip Gordon, & Shane Strickland - 4+ (he didn't see the full match, so that's not an official rating)
Zach Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii - 4.25

Not a typo, if you read his review, he didn't really like the match.

Quote: Dalton Castle pinned Marty Scurll to retain the ROH title in 31:39. One thing for sure is at this point in the night this shouldn’t have gone nearly this long. Between much of the crowd leaving and the match everyone came to see being over, the crowd was quiet until the end. I think a lot of people expected a title change with the idea that Scurll as champion but Cody wanting the title would make for a good story. Really, because Cody is so clearly the focal point and top singles guy, the title hasn’t meant much since Castle got it and has become secondary. With Scurll being viewed as much more of a superstar, in theory that would have elevated it. It’s funny, because Castle seemed on the verge of becoming a really big deal and the title seems to have actually slowed his momentum. Nick Aldis, the NWA champion, was at ringside dressed in a suit and tie like he was 1985 Ric Flair. They pushed that he and Scurll were longtime friends. Castle lariated the post early and also had a bloody nose early on. The crowd was tired and dead. Castle at one point pulled Scurll out of the ring and German suplexed him on the floor. The heat picked up halfway through. Scurll hit a top rope superplex. He also backdropped Castle on the ramp stairs, which looked like a very bad bump to take. Castle took it on his left shoudler and was selling the shoulder. Aldis handed Scurll some type of clippers and Scurll used it to cut the padding off one of the turnbuckles. Scurll went outside the ring for a bag of powder. The problem was, he couldn’t find it. He looked in a couple of corners, and this went way too long, before he could find the bag with the powder underneath the ring. He brought the bag into the ring and Castle kicked his hand so the powder went into Scurll’s face. Scurll couldn’t see and grabbed the hand of ref Todd Sinclair and broke his fingers. Castle hit the bangarang, and Sinclair went to count, but after hitting the mat for the first time, started screaming in pain because of the broken fingers. With Sinclair going to the back, Scurll grabbed his umbrella and hit Castle in the head and did eight more umbrella shots to the head, back and shoulders with no ref in the ring. Scurll hit the brainbuster and covered Castle for a long time but there was no ref. Paul Turner ran in and counted as Scurll covered Castle but Castle kicked out. Fans booed the kick out as they expected it to be the title change. Scurll got the chicken wing but Castle got to his feet and fell backwards onto Scurll, breaking the hold. He got the chicken wing a second time. Castle tried to reach the ropes but Scurll broke his finger. Scurll let go and kept stomping Castle to the head. The announcers teased the idea that Turner would stop the match (a ref stoppage from stomping a guys’ head over-and-over should be done in promotions as an educational tool to get over the fact it can be a big match finish). The finish saw Scurll hit two superkicks, but Castle hit the bangarang and got the pin. **3/4

[Image: Chaos.png]

Yea, I dunno if I'd call the ladder match a 5 star match, but it was damn good. Aleister/Almas was better than it, IMO. But they both were great. And damn right @ Ciampa/Gargano getting 5 stars, he'd have been fuckin stupid not to rate that 5 stars.

That's 2 5 star matches this year for Gargano already
I didn't have a chance to read the WO this week. I just saw the match ratings and pasted them here. Still, with the sloppy booking and poor crowd reaction (it wasn't THAT bad), the match was at least 3 stars but whatever.

And that ladder match from NXT was not 5 stars. It had fun spots. That's it. There was a good amount of sloppiness or at least things that didn't go as well as planned, there were very few teases for the belt being grabbed, there wasn't a real story going into the match/during the match/coming out of the match. It was very enjoyable but not a perfect match or the greatest ladder match of all time.
Yeah the ROH main event suffered from an exhausted crowd but the match itself was solid.

Also feel the same as Chris about the ladder match. Loved it, but not THAT much.

Man how many fucking Daniels does this board have? Me, Peezy, Luna, Zack...?
Not enough