All In
I am too lazy to find it again, but in the latest BTE, there is a whiteboard with all kinds of "clues." The only thing that stuck out to me was that all the locations had one question mark after them except for Chicago which had two.

Cow Palace is doable but you want to talk about am area that isn't all that travel friendly (traffic, hotel costs, etc).
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Yea I guess if you wanted to go to the AM Area you'd really have to be willing to go all in to handle it

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
According to SoCal Uncensored (biggest wrestling news site for wrestling in California for many many years):
Quote:Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s Battle of Los Angeles is not scheduled to take place during Labor Day Weekend this year. It will be the first time since 2011 and the fourth time overall it isn’t that weekend. The dates for the tournament have not yet been finalized

I think we can almost rule out LA now.
Well that certainly frees up a lot of names.

PWG just moved their next show to a much much bigger venue on 24 hour notice due to a "Paypal mixup" resulting in overselling their next show. I suspect Super Dragon was planning to move BOLA here already which is why he was able to book the new venue on such a short notice. Globe Theater in downtown Los Angeles.

Their old venue holds around 300 people, the Globe Theater can fit 1,200 on the main floor and also has a balcony that can be used to fit more in.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
Chicago confirmed. Sears Center Arena.

Depending on the card, I may make the trip. It's a 9 hour drive but it's a straight shot north, all 1 interstate.
That will be a hot crowd. Not impossible to pull off. You can get plenty of people from the East, Canada, Detroit, etc. traveling over there. I'm not sure yet if I'll be making it or not. I'll be doing a lot of traveling leading up to September and possibly moving as well so there are a lot of unknowns. It will be exciting regardless but man, they will need a massive card or CM Punk to really get folks to fly out there.

The working rumor is that Bury the drug free bear
[Image: mCO2TP_n.jpg]
Is actually Phil Brooks.
That would actually be fucking hilarious if Punk ended up being the bear.

And yeah, I think at this point, they kinda HAVE to get Punk. The expectations are so high now and it's in Chicago. Everyone immediately thought Punk. If they don't get him, it will be considered a let down.
It's a super decent venue. Not sure if they'll sell it out however unless they close off the upper level as I think it can fit around 10,000. I've been there over 15 times. I don't think TNA even sold it out during their heyday when I went to Bound For Glory. They were using the venue for Glory Kickboxing the last several shows. But yeah. Right off the expressway, a ton of parking, small enough to not have a bad seat, but big enough to not be cramped, barley over 10 years old, and far enough away from the city to make me happy but close enough to bring in the city dwellers. I dig it. I'll be there even if the card is doo doo.
The whole goal is 10,000 so it had better fit that much!
No matter how much they actually draw, you know Meltzer will "report" it being over 10k. He's already shown no problems lying about attendance records in the past.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
Ha!

In other news, here's a really great article about Cody Rhodes: https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/6/17072...des-all-in
WOR said capacity was 11,500. No idea what kind of setup that was for.
(03-06-2018, 05:09 PM)Chris Wrote: WOR said capacity was 11,500. No idea what kind of setup that was for.

It does have a TON of private/skybox seating and I'm sure they can jam the hell out of the floor. I mean the ROH/NJPW show in the burbs here a few months ago drew 5,000 or so at a dumpy sports complex, so if they're optimistic and book something/someone special I guess it's possible to draw 10,000 in this area at this nice of a place.

I'm just hyped for the MITB/NXT: Chicago pre-sale that starts tomorrow.
Oh shit

Looks like we'll finally be getting some solid info on this show next month.
Also, apparently this monumental news somehow didn't get posted in this thread the other day:

Nice!

I'm still wondering how they will pull this off. At this point the star power just isn't there so tickets will need to be inexpensive. Even if they give us Okada vs. Omega IV, we are going to need other big matches.
I'm thinking they gotta get Punk somehow
They need to. Excitement for this even has plummeted and its 5 months away.

I think it hinges on how his fight against Michael Jackson goes and how his UFC contract is worded.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

I think with NJPW running its 2nd show and announcing a third along with WM week, interest in this has in fact dropped. That's not a shocker. It will rise again over the summer but at this point they almost need monthly announcements and decent ones at that.
I'm still curious how this will play out. I have tickets to ROH/NJPW Global Wars Chicago in 4 weeks (I just bought them) and it looks like half the tickets are still available (I don't think they're advertising Bullet Club/Elite people just L.I.D.J. and LIGER!). I also have tickets to NXT TakeOver Chicago and they're actually opening from the looks of it around 3/4's of the stadium which is way more than last year's. I'm not really sure if NXT will even sell out the 7,500-10,000 tickets available and there really has never been a bad NXT Takeover. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll be going but 10,000 seems a bit steep. They'll really need to come up with some big names in order to draw the out of state people or else it'll just be a few thousand attending.