WrestleMania 35 Travel Thread
– A new report claims that the location for WrestleMania 35 is set. According to DeArron Easley and “TicketDrew,” both of whom have successfully broken WWE stories in the past, Detroit is rumored to be the location for the 2019 event, with New York City and Philadelphia also potentially in the running.

Obviously, none of this is confirmed yet. The rumors also say that the location will be announced in December. WrestleMania 34, meanwhile, takes place in New Orleans on April 8th, 2018.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Yeah they been e-mailing bout this shit seeing as how I'm part-owner of Ford Field. Prolly hit Raw after Mania if they roll out da red carpet (aka Maria) for me.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Fro's post
Do I go home for this?

Or do I continue to refuse to go back to MI no matter what like I've been doing since 2001?
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

Fuck it. WrestleMania 61 travel thread. Mars.
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Peezy's post
i would go to detroit now. seems better than before.
[Image: 21cyopi.jpg]
^^^^ bold statement sir but I guess depends on your perspective.

Being carjacked > hipsters so gimme Old Detroit fam.
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
(10-30-2017, 12:35 PM)Fro Wrote: ^^^^ bold statement sir but I guess depends on your perspective.

Being carjacked > hipsters so gimme Old Detroit fam.

Drphil
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes myxmastrmike's post
Quote:According to a new report from Barstool Sports, which supports a three-month old tweet from new scoopz maven Brad Shepard, WWE is returning to their own backyard for next year’s WrestleMania.

New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium will again host The Showcase of the Immortals, according to these reports. Barstool says that WWE will market the festivities as New York-based, even though the venue for WrestleMania 35 is in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Whether that means the preceding Axxess and NXT TakeOver events and subsequent Raw and SmackDown shows will take place somewhere like Barclays in Brooklyn isn’t clear at this point, but could be on the table. The Prudential Center in Newark would be another possibility for some or all of those programs.

When ‘Mania was in the same stadium in 2013, WWE billed it as NY/NJ. Raw was in the since-closed Izod Center in East Rutherford the next night.

Jersey apparently beat out other rumored possibilities Philadelphia and Detroit for the week of events built around ‘Mania. The Stadium show will reportedly happen on Sunday, April 7.

WWE often likes to officially announce host cities for “Big 4” events while they’re in the area, so it’s somewhat curious this wasn’t revealed last week while in New York for Raw 25. But seeing as it’s close to their Stamford, Connecticut headquarters, that may be less of a concern.

More as we have it, and in the meantime, let us know if you’ll brave the possibility of a cold Spring night outside in New Jersey for WrestleMania 35.

Regarding the rumors involving 'Mania in Motor City, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon had this to say:
Quote:Fuck Detroit. Fuck Detroit and everyone in it or near it. Except Fro and Mike. Let me be clear: Fuck Detroit.

[+] 4 users Like Chris's post
God damnit was really hoping for Detroit.

Indy and Chicago need one already. Kinda stupid they keep returning back to the same cities every few years. I'd even be all for Toronto getting another one.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Yeah, profits are stoopid.
(02-03-2018, 03:55 PM)Chris Wrote: Yeah, profits are stoopid.

You're telling me none of those cities would sell out or bring profit? GTFO
I don't think you understand how these things work. The cities bid on the rights to host wrestlemania. They are going to accept the highest offer, that's how bidding works.

Indy specifically is interested in 2020.
https://www.indystar.com/story/money/201.../99816788/

I mean I get it but that doesn't mean I'm not bothered by it. I just like seeing other cities have a chance to host it is all.
Well then they better pay up.

(02-03-2018, 09:43 PM)Obsidian Wrote: I mean I get it but that doesn't mean I'm not bothered by it. I just like seeing other cities have a chance to host it is all.

If you get it then why did you ask me in such a way? It's as simple as this: would you rather have more money or less money?
(02-03-2018, 10:37 PM)Chris Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 09:43 PM)Obsidian Wrote: I mean I get it but that doesn't mean I'm not bothered by it. I just like seeing other cities have a chance to host it is all.
If you get it then why did you ask me in such a way? It's as simple as this: would you rather have more money or less money?

Because you made it sound as if none of those cities would bring the same profit as NOLA/NYC. We know this isn't true especially in the case of the cities I mentioned and the Manias they have had in the past there.
No, you just completely misinterpreted it. The only thing I was referring to was WWE whoring themselves out to the highest bidder.
Fair enough
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
I'd probably enjoy it in Toronto more than Detroit lol!
I don't have a passport and contrary to popular opinion I happen to like Detroit Mad
1) Get a passport

That's it, really. There are enhanced licenses and passport card options too. It's fairly affordable.
Yeah I have the papers printed off but I just have to pay and mail them in. I'm just not in a huge hurry as I don't see myself leaving the country any time soon. My plans to go to Cancun in the Spring backfired so I'm okay with waiting at this point.
If you go to Mexico, I'll support building the wall.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
I bet I'd fit right in too!
Yeah just get an enhanced license.
Everything is done at the dmv/secretary of state/whatever they call it in Buckeye-land and it's like... $30?
You just bring your birth certificate and SS card and they ask you a few questions to confirm your identity, fill out a form and you're done.

Of course if you plan to travel elsewhere soon, then just do the passport. From what I understand the most pain in the ass part is getting the picture taken.