Evolve might be done.
So an email from Evolve got leaked:

Quote:Hey everyone,

This is an important email so please read it through.

We are about to enter a transition period. I want to use this weekend to prepare for that. A major part of this will be the in ring work. You are all awesome, obviously, or you wouldn't be booked. However, I want to change some things you do in EVOLVE to make EVOLVE different and also prepare for what's next.

I will explain more in person, but this weekend please concentrate on these things:

-Make every lock up on the show count. I saw Regal last week and he was at BOLA. I was surprised for him to say that he didn't see many good lock ups there. Honestly, he said he barely saw one good lock up. I know this might be surprising, especially since some of you were on the show. This is a major thing. It's about starting your match up with believability. Please let's put on emphasis on lock ups where you fight for position rather than go into a spot.

-Don't look into the floor camera at anytime. This is a Vince/WWE thing. I really don't care if you look into the camera or not, but this is a habit you will have to break as soon as you go to WWE/NXT, so you might as well break it now. I can explain this more in person. It's a huge thing there, so don't discount this.

-Make every kick, strike and chop count. I don't mean go in there and beat each other up. Just don't waste your kicks, strikes, chops and sell it. In addition, consider who your opponent is. If Keith Lee is striking you, sell it bigger than if someone smaller was striking you. Keep the situation and opponent in mind with your selling and how you do kicks, strikes and chops.

-Don't do cool stuff for the sake of cool stuff. Everything should be about winning the match. I'm not saying don't do cool stuff, but don't do it just to do it.

Have it make sense in your match.

-Challenge yourself to break your normal routine of spots. I don't care what match rating you get on Twitter. This is small picture stuff. I want everyone to think big picture and long game. I can explain this better in person.

-I've been traveling with Chris Dickinson a lot lately since we are from the same area now. We have talked about this stuff extensively in the car. I feel he has a good grasp of it and can explain it from a worker's perspective, which I can't. Please get with him on any questions. I've also told Chris to take more of a leadership role and point things out, so please be open to what he has to say. Thank you.

-Some other notes:

-Belltime each night is 8pm. Please be at the venue by 5:30pm.

-Sal is is getting hotel in a little bit. If you are flying in, we'll tell you where to go soon to hang out. Brandon Tolle is arranging all the rides. Please get with him on rides. If you don't hear from us by tonight, let me know.

-Please remember the EVOLVE rules when it comes to:

-No swearing

-Nothing derogatory towards minorities, women, ethnicities or any other groups.

-No piledrivers.neck bumps, apron spots, anything that drops you on your head.

-Nothing hardcore without permission -No unprotected headbutts

-No mic work without permission

-Be super nice to kids

-No guests in your hotel rooms! We are not going to pay for an extra hotel room cause someone is your ride or you are bringing someone along. We arrange three per room. We are not budgeted for more hotel rooms. No one gets added to these rooms. It is for the comfort of everyone in the room.

-I will send out booking info late night. This weekend is going to be mostly about wrestling. We aren't going to go big into storyline stuff or angles during this transition period. I want everyone to really concentrate on their matches, think of the fundamentals and making everything solid and make sense.

-If you need anything call or text me [number redacted]. If you can't reach me and it's an emergency contact Sal at [number redacted].

I look forward to a fun weekend. Thank you, Gabe

Sent from my iPhone

It's really nothing crazy aside from one mention of the way WWE likes camera looks. But this apparently upset Gave who is apparently is thinking of giving everything up

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/09...in-future/

Quote:“I’m pretty much done with this whole indie bullshit,” Sapolsky said shortly before concluding the call. “This almost cost me my NXT job that I’ve worked 23 years for.”

This in addition of course to the WWN/FloSlam beef.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

I'm sure it's just them trying to get things ready for EVOLVE to eventually be aired on the Network.

Sapolsky has been in the business his entire life. He ain't going anywhere, even if I'm sure he's frustrated.
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
I don't really understand why this would cause Evolve to be done?
EVOLVE probably won't go on the Network anytime soon. The whole reason WWE entered all these partnerships was to cockblock FloSlam out of making deals. Ironically, WWE owns part of FloSlam. Apparently Vince was furious over FloSlam signing a deal with EVOLVE.

The whole lawsuit seems weird. Here is what I understand:

-FLoSlam got millions of dollars in funding and wanted to sign ROH, NJPW, Progress, and a few other companies.
-EVOLVE was one of the companies that showed interest and FloSlam wanted them to sign a deal within 24 hours so that they could rush and make a big announcement (as well as provide digital content from their back catalog).
-When negotiating, EVOLVE made up a bogus number of how many ippv buys they were getting (allegedly they were also counting digital downloads and DVD sales). When pressed for the details, EVOLVE couldn't find the info or the spreadsheet got deleted or some such shit.
-Now FlowSlam has filed a lawsuit for $1,000,000 claiming EVOLVE intentionally inflated their numbers and misrepresented their success.

My opinion is that FloSlam should have done their due diligence and it is on them for not requesting hard evidence of the numbers from EVOLVE. Besides, FloSlam got that money for free. Who cares if they got robbed?
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Scratch a little bit of that last part. I had thought a lot of their funding came from grants but it is more complicated than I remembered:

Quote:Austin, TX (Aug. 15, 2016) – FloSports today announced it has received $21.2 million in new funding to accelerate the online sports network’s growth into new sports and expand its existing verticals. DCM Ventures and Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments (BDMI) led the financing, with participation from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), Discovery Communications and existing investor Causeway Media Partners.

“We want to partner with world-class investors who share our vision to transform sports media,” FloSports co-founder and CEO Martin Floreani said. “It’s exciting that visionaries in the media and OTT space have backed us to achieve this goal.

“We are the best direct-­to-­consumer solution for leagues, governing bodies and independent rights holders to monetize their events. In turn, this allows our company to serve millions of sports fans and supports our mission to grow the sports, the athletes, the events and the fans.”

FloSports focuses on live sports and currently operates a subscription-­based network of 14 dedicated verticals in sports including wrestling, track, grappling, MMA, elite fitness, boxing, fastpitch softball, gymnastics, basketball, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading and eSports. This year, FloSports has launched four new sites, including FloVolleyball, FloCombat, FloTennis, and FloKO, which covers the Fighting Game Community (FGC).

In recent months, FloSports has live streamed events such as the PGF National Championships on FloSoftball.com, the 2016 World Jiu-Jitsu IBJJF Championship on FloGrappling.com, the 2016 Pan-American Championship and the 2016 Pan-American Olympic Games Qualifying Tournament on FloWrestling.com, and The Cheerleading Worlds™ and The Dance Worlds™ on FloCheer.com.

“Over-­the-­top video services will disrupt the media ecosystem from top to bottom over the next 5-­7 years,” said Jason Krikorian, General Partner at DCM Ventures and Co-­founder of Sling Media. “Of particular interest to me are companies that create content with an authentic voice that appeals to and cultivates passionate communities. FloSports has been exceptional at delivering high-­quality live content and original programming, and we are thrilled to be a part of the team as the company extends its exceptional offering to more communities of sports fans.”

With today’s funding, FloSports now has raised $32.2 million, including an $8 million Series A round from Causeway Media Partners.

“As video consumption fragments and everyone from big media companies to individuals on YouTube pursue meaningful monetization on mobile and the web, FloSports has found a way to capture the passion of athletes and fans to build a thriving subscription business,” Keith Titan, partner at BDMI, said. “FloSports doesn’t merely stream live competitions, they partner with event organizers and governing bodies to provide top quality original content and in-­depth coverage.

“What impresses us most is that the FloSports team is part of the community and they are as passionate about the sports they stream as their subscribers. They’ve created a successful model that is a unique and potentially huge global opportunity.”

ABOUT FLOSPORTS
FloSports is a direct-­to-­consumer, subscription-­based sports media company located in Austin, Texas. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, eSports, and Cheerleading.

EVOLVE might have a hard time fighting that kind of backing. Their events can't possibly make that much money (ticket sales probably cover the building and the talent/travel but not much else). Every Evolve show I have been to has been a good time but if it goes away, so be it. There are a a lot of other places for guys to work right now.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
(09-25-2017, 03:13 PM)Zack T Wrote: I don't really understand why this would cause Evolve to be done?

Gabe is sick of indie shit, Evolve also has some legal trouble ahead of it.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]