WWE Bringing back Starrcade and the double steel cage
http://www.greensboro.com/blogs/gotriad_...9b2fa.html

It's in Greensboro too which shows a frankly shocking acknowledgment to the event.

Quote:GREENSBORO — WWE Live presents Starrcade at 7:30 p.m. on Nov. 25 at the Greensboro Coliseum at 1921 W. Gate City Blvd.

The event, back for the first time in two decades, features double steel cage match main events.

The matches feature Shinsuke Nakamura vs. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal with The Singh Brothers and North Carolina's Charlotte Flair vs. Smackdown Women's Champion Natalay.

There will also be a United States Championship Triple Threat match between Smackdown Tag Team Champions New Day and The USOS.

There will also be three grudge matches and more.

The first Starrcade was promoted by Mid-Atlantic Wrestling and the National Wrestling Alliance, and was held at the coliseum on Thanksgiving Day in 1983. Wrestling legend Ric Flair won his first N.W.A. World Heavyweight title by defeating Harley Race.

Smackdown should just be rebranded WCW. I maybe reading this wrong, it may mean two steel cage main events vice the WCW double steel cage.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

I'm waiting for War Games in NXT
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
I dig the logo.

[Image: 375px-WWE_Starrcade_logo.jpg]

(09-18-2017, 09:45 AM)Ceallach Wrote: There will also be a United States Championship Triple Threat match between Smackdown Tag Team Champions New Day and The USOS.

[Image: 05a.jpg]

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 3 users Like Rob's post
Also, it's a great way to diminish the Starrcade's amazing history by making it a SD Live Event.

Win the Day!

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post

Win the Day!

I actually like this idea. They already have PPVs every other week anyway. May as well use the WCW names as Network specials or TV things.

Like just last week they had "Sin City Smackdown" since it's going to be another several weeks until SD has a real PPV. And it was kinda like a small PPV. Heavily hyped for 2 weeks, Vince appearance, tag title change, etc.

Halloween this year is on a Tuesday. They should make Smackdown "Halloween Havoc" that night.
But Starrcade was their WM equivalent. I don't mind using the names either, but I feel as if that one shouldn't have been used.

Win the Day!

Yeah that one does seem like it should be held to a slightly higher standard. But eh, WWE owns it all now, so whatever.
I'm gonna try and go...
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

It makes since for the time and date though. Like they should book it like early 80s NWA too. Let's see some color.

The time of year is probably the only thing right about it. Well, that and having Steamboat and RnR Express!

Win the Day!

Only a matter of time before Leathal Leap Year
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
The double cage match was more associated with Fall Brawl
Nah, you're thinking War Games, the 2-ring match with the big cage.

Starrcade during the 80s often had 2 cage matches back-to-back as the double-main event. That's what this is.
they should bring back more wcw stuff. most of their ppv names and gimmicks were better than most
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
I hope its not the cluster fuck that some of those matches were. I also dont like the lineup being announced that far out.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(09-18-2017, 08:18 PM)Peezy Wrote: Nah, you're thinking War Games, the 2-ring match with the big cage.

Starrcade during the 80s often had 2 cage matches back-to-back as the double-main event. That's what this is.

The match was called Wargames but it usually took place at the Fall Brawl pvp
I thought War Games usually happened at World War 3

Ww3 had the three ring battle royal but no cages
[+] 1 user Likes sanderz1's post
War Games was Fall Brawl.
World War 3 was 3 Ring battle Royal clusterfuck.
There was something with two rings called Lord of The Ring or some shit.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

Unfortunately, the big Starrcade event being planned for November 25th will not be a WWE Network broadcast but rather a live event for the Smackdown brand in Greensboro, NC. Tickets have already gone on sale and because they are already seating people on both sides of the hard cam it is likely that nothing will be televised.

Here is the rumoured card thus far (which also includes a potential one-night-only appearance from The Rock 'n' Roll Express:

Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (Steel Cage match for the WWE Title)
Natalya vs. Charlotte (Steel Cage match for the Smackdown Women's Title)
AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev (United States Title Match)
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
The New Day vs. The Usos (Smackdown Tag Team Title Match)
Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
Breezango vs. Aiden English & Mike Kanellis
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express vs. The Club
[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
i still can't fathom why they wouldn't show this on the Network. so goddamn stupid.
[Image: NES_Sig2.jpg][/align]
Just noticed Rob posted the card waaay before me. Oops.
Fucka WrestleMania, I just got free tickets to Starrcade. There better be Starrcade worthy violence. I wanna see some Night of the Skywalkers shit.

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
[Image: tumblr_inline_o0v0csFZem1rohx1u_500.gif]
Illegally stream the whole damn show via cel phone shitty cam.

Jimmy King > Sting