[WIN ¥12,000 in PRIZES] OFFICIAL NJPW G1 CLIMAX CONTEST!
Since he's probably currently going balls deep in some beautiful Japanese women, you may just be right about that.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

(08-13-2017, 07:17 PM)Peezy Wrote: Also, for the second year in a row, I managed to watch every single match of the G1 Climax. And I don't regret it for a second.

I'm still working my way through the matches. I watched the ones I was pumped for as they happened but am still working through the ones I skipped.
[Image: 1313106612668_edit0.jpg]
Sal is a bitch juffalo
[Image: l_73652b81556a3c0c4a9cd10db405d260.gif]

Did I miss the winner getting posted?

Nevermind. I found it.
[Image: tumblr_oth5mdFJJV1u1ljrzo2_500.gif]
So the last 3 nights of this tournament straight up broke Meltzer

Tanahashi vs. Naito - 5
Omega vs. Okada - 6
Omega vs. Naito - 5.75

I can't even disagree. 2017 has been the best in-ring year of professional wrestling I've ever seen in my 27+ years of being a fan. Obviously a big chunk of it is thanks to NJPW, but even WWE has had some classics (AJ vs. Cena at Rumble and Dunne/Bate at Takeover are the 2 that come to mind).

What a fucking year. And there's still 4 months to go.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
In terms of actual wrestling side of the business, what is the difference in WWE and NJPW?

Does the E pay more? The schedules seem similar, that G1 was 9 matches a piece plus tag matches.

The IWGP title is more prestigious in my eyes but a wrestler hasn’t “made it” until they get to the E or come back better than they were before. CJParker/Juice Robinson is growing very fast. Omega is over as fuck it just seems like, because NJPW is Japanese they hold true to not letting too many gaijins hold the title or hold it for very long.

The damn Universal title has bounced from Finn, Kevin Owens, Goldberg, Lesnar is will likely bounce to some one else or to Cena the night after SummerSlam.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

WWE definitely pays more. Business-wise, there's no comparison. WWE is on a whole other level than every other wrestling promotion, NJPW included.

Schedule-wise, they generally work about the same amount of dates I think. But keep in mind, Japan is a much smaller country than the U.S. so the travel isn't nearly as hard. Not nearly as many hours in cars or going through airports and shit. So that makes a huge difference.
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
To add onto that, they provide busses for their tours which means no worry about driving, paying for a rental car, missing a town, etc.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
It’s more like a Sports Team in Japan. Where as WWE it’s more like a concert event with different bands going on at different times.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

That was an amazing tournament...It took a lot of effort to catch up, but my wife and I finally did on the last day. Since then it has been a blur of work lol. I'll be posting again in the morning as I have a lot to say about Omega and his match with Evil.

Hope everyone had a good time!
[+] 2 users Like Casshan's post