► Official Smackdown thread
(10-16-2018, 08:05 PM)Peezy Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpA5Wt1n1dk/...e=ig_embed

Imagine going back in time and showing this picture to someone 10 years ago.

I truly believe John Laurenitits is one of the worst things to happen to the WWE. Look at the people he signed like Nathan Jones, Kozlov, Snitsky and shit while guys like AJ and Joe and shit came so late in their career.

But fuck, I know we say it every week, but the quality difference between these two shows is crazy.
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 2 users Like Ceallach's post
SD was great tonight
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
that shit was cringe as fuck. teddy long hardly did shit.
[Image: 34s2o15.jpg]
(09-02-2011, 05:38 AM)RawrBabyRawr Wrote:
it's funny because sal really does have muscles and those pictures he posted up really are of him. seriously.

Smackdown was good but not great. The opening package focused too much on the ridiculous and not enough on the seriousness. The Truth TV wasn't the best way to open it but it turned out fine. I didn't care much about the matches as I have been traveling again and was too tired to focus on them. I skipped over the Edge stuff because I just don't care about him and the Becky stuff isn't fun anymore. Bad booking. The slideshows through out the night were fine but they used a lot of the same pictures that we saw in the intro. Felt rushed and sloppy.

Evolution segment was the best part of the night and yet it still seemed wrong as they were not a Smackdown stable.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Not sure what you’re watching. To each their own. Becky was awesome. Matches were good. Throw backs were good. It was just a fun show
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
You are going to defend that Becky has been booked well in the months leading up to last night? No sir, what are you watching? The reason I skipped over last nights segment was because that storyline is a turnoff now. They had a great match last week but it has only dragged out this poorly booked program. I get that they are building to the pay per view but by not pulling the trigger on Becky and defying the crowd, why should I or anyone else care? It is happening on every show week after week, year after year now.
I gotta agree with Opitiplex here. You gotta watch the Edge/Becky segment. Highlight of the show, by far.

And I'm actually turning around on the Becky booking. Looking at it objectively, yeah it seems completely ass backwards. But....it's working. She was the biggest star on the show last night. She's damn near getting 2013 Daniel Bryan-level reactions. And I don't think that's an accident. WWE's not entirely stupid. They know the crowd loves Becky, but would it really be better if she was out here cutting babyface promos? Booking her as a heel is just making the people that love her cheer her more. Because we feel like the company is booking against what the fans want.

That's intentional. Us "Becky is being booked badly!" people are getting worked into a shoot. She's the women's champion, she's cutting awesome promos, she's been booked as an outright bad ass who hasn't been backing down from Charlotte (aside from the finish of the Australia match but that was just to prolong the feud until Evolution), and she's MASSIVELY over.

What more can you ask for?

Here ya go

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
LOL Becky & Charlotte is like one of the most entertaining things going right now, Becky is a badass.
[Image: l02m7fg8.jpg]
Too bad he didn't go Rated R on that bish and spear her. Show her what a true heel is.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

(10-17-2018, 12:28 PM)Peezy Wrote: I gotta agree with Opitiplex here. You gotta watch the Edge/Becky segment. Highlight of the show, by far.

And I'm actually turning around on the Becky booking. Looking at it objectively, yeah it seems completely ass backwards. But....it's working. She was the biggest star on the show last night. She's damn near getting 2013 Daniel Bryan-level reactions. And I don't think that's an accident. WWE's not entirely stupid. They know the crowd loves Becky, but would it really be better if she was out here cutting babyface promos? Booking her as a heel is just making the people that love her cheer her more. Because we feel like the company is booking against what the fans want.

That's intentional. Us "Becky is being booked badly!" people are getting worked into a shoot. She's the women's champion, she's cutting awesome promos, she's been booked as an outright bad ass who hasn't been backing down from Charlotte (aside from the finish of the Australia match but that was just to prolong the feud until Evolution), and she's MASSIVELY over.

What more can you ask for?

It's the CM Punk effect
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(10-17-2018, 12:17 PM)Chris Wrote: You are going to defend that Becky has been booked well in the months leading up to last night? No sir, what are you watching? The reason I skipped over last nights segment was because that storyline is a turnoff now. They had a great match last week but it has only dragged out this poorly booked program. I get that they are building to the pay per view but by not pulling the trigger on Becky and defying the crowd, why should I or anyone else care? It is happening on every show week after week, year after year now.

Honestly, I don’t care how they were booked months ago. It’s fantastix right now. We’re you a fan of Rocky Maivia? The Ringmaster? American Bad Ass? HBK becoming broke and begging JBL for forgiveness? Did any of those terrible angles or characters make you never cheer for them or against them? Just blindly saying you don’t like how it got here so you refuse to watch makes no sense at all
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
Hey that HBK/JBL angle is the direct lead in to HBK challenging Undertaker for WrestleMania 25, so some good came out of it
(10-17-2018, 09:56 PM)Opitiplex Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 12:17 PM)Chris Wrote: You are going to defend that Becky has been booked well in the months leading up to last night? No sir, what are you watching? The reason I skipped over last nights segment was because that storyline is a turnoff now. They had a great match last week but it has only dragged out this poorly booked program. I get that they are building to the pay per view but by not pulling the trigger on Becky and defying the crowd, why should I or anyone else care? It is happening on every show week after week, year after year now.

Honestly, I don’t care how they were booked months ago. It’s fantastix right now. We’re you a fan of Rocky Maivia? The Ringmaster? American Bad Ass? HBK becoming broke and begging JBL for forgiveness? Did any of those terrible angles or characters make you never cheer for them or against them? Just blindly saying you don’t like how it got here so you refuse to watch makes no sense at all

In a program it is more about the journey than the destination. You are wrong in claiming that I was blindly saying something. The problem was that I followed it in the weeks and months prior and didn't care for the way they handled it which is why I skipped over the segment this week. The booking of their segments and characters have defied nearly all logic. That doesn't mean their matches are bad, it doesn't mean people are not reacting.
Apparently plans are in place that when it moves to Fox next year, Smackdown is going to change in presentation and take on a more pure sports style presentation and serious product with the typical WWE goofiness and comedy and wackinesses being relegated to RAW.

Please god

Its Fox's edict apparently. They want WWE shows like their UFC shows and to be able to roll the product into their Fox sports brand.

I'm not sure they know what they bought...

When WWE doesn't perform as well as hoped, I wonder how long it will take Fox to pull the plug. Sure there would be a severance package and USA or someone would take them back at a lower price...but I just cannot imagine the new "A show" in this format without Vince losing his damn mind.
Dave has covered it a bit on WOR, but Fox aren't looking for a mega hit with this, they are looking for a steady 3 millionish viewers, which they should be able to hit.

Probably more considering the higher reach of the Fox network
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Dont get your hopes up, pal.