► Official Smackdown thread
I was lol @ the round spot.

Aiden hyping for Lana was...something?
[Image: Chaos.png]

Solid Smackdown. Really only kinda eh segment was the Naomi match, but hopefully Joe v Bryan gets plenty of time next week. First time they've been in a match together in 12 years.

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post

Next week is gonna be awesome. Psycho strong style DBry has been great since he came back. Beating the shit out of Cass. Tapping out Jeff Hardy. He's channeling his inner ZSJ right now and I love it.
[Image: 6s9Vk0c.png]
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
I like seeing DB in the ring again but I wish they would decide what to do with him already. Stop having him destroy Cass/Hardy but lose to Rusev. Either put him in MITB or dont. His feud with Cass does nothing for me either. I'd almost rather see Gargano at this point.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
I'm fine with it. No sense pushing him to the top and making him champion already. I like the story of him starting slowly and working his way back to the top.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world that didn't mind him losing to Rusev.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Solid Smackdown this week. Fun opening segment, New Day on commentary was pretty great. I do like the notion that they're not gonna tell us which New Day member is actually participating in MITB because it gives them an advantage. That does make sense.

Lana vs Billie Kay sounded like it was gonna be a real bad match, but the way that it was booked was really smart. If they had had those 2 go out there and try to wrestle a 5 to 10 minute match, it would've sucked for sure. But instead they use the time on promos and taunting, and then Lana absolutely NAILED that kick on Billie Kay and hit her finisher and that was it. Perfect. Crowd ate it up and so did I.

Naomi and Sonya DeVille was better than I expected it to be too. I like Sonya, I think she has promise with her striking ability. She's still pretty green in terms of her psychology, but man she knows how to lay it in and make her stuff look good. If she can get a good grip on ring psychology, I think she'll turn out fantastic.

Carmella's promo was quick and silly but it worked and I dug it.

Shinsuke and AJ's segment was pretty good. I can't wait for the pillow fight last man standing match.

Andrade is introducing his mean streak to the world. You could hear it in the crowd, a lot of "Who's this guy" type of buzz as he was out there. But his moves got a reaction. A lot of "OHHHHHH" with what he did. I can't wait for him to have a real match with someone and steal the show.

Usos and The Club was similarly booked to Kay/Lana with the promo time spent before actually fighting and that was good stuff, except of course they actually don't suck in the ring and can fight. They had a pretty good match for the short time they had, and I'm glad to see The Club won so we can have a new team fight the Bludgeon Brothers. Probably will squash them though.

Jeff and Bryan was really solid. I did feel like Bryan was portrayed as being in a league above Jeff, though. Obviously we know Jeff is great in his own right and very accomplished, won every title the WWE has ever had except the Cruiserweight (But he did win Light Heavyweight). But still, as good as Jeff did, it kept feeling to me like Bryan was just a little bit better. Joe on commentary was good too. I was hoping to see Bryan make Jeff tap with the Yes Lock but he went back to the knee bar that he used to "injure" Big Cass, but all the same he made Jeff Hardy tap out and that's a rarity. I mean shoot, I can't even remember the last time Jeff Hardy tapped out in WWE but I'd bet it'd have to go back to early 2000's.

Anyway, solid match, good result, nice Joe interjection after the match to build anticipation for next week. I suspect Joe will win that, possibly via Big Cass interference.

Also Peezy, I didn't mind and I said so but you clearly don't pay attention to me so I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry Frown
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
I'm sorry, did you guys see somebody post something?
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
I didnt mind him losing but dont have him come out a week later and dominate your US champion. Its just bad booking is all.
Nah, its fine. Styles make fights. Rusev is a bad matchup for Bryan, Russian powerhouse who can throw him around, however the strongstyle bryan can countet a high flyer with far less difficulty.

Also, looks like Big Ass is gonna be out awhile again.

So he can't beat 2 inch taller Rusev but can scorch and submit 9 inch taller Cass?
Agreed it is poor booking. They didn't play it up enough after he lost. They didn't make Rusev into a bigger deal either. It was totally wasted for both guys.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
That's a fair point. I suppose I was inserting my own head reasoning rather than what has actually been shown on TV.

Yeah, that's the only part I have a problem with. Rusev beating DBry should have been huge for Rusev. But it was forgotten the next week.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Right and I don't mind playing up the "starting from the bottom and working up" route with DB but if that's the direction they are going then don't have him nearly win the Greatest Rumble, submit Cass, lose to Rusev and then dominate the US champion within a month. Let him lose here and there or get a victory or 2 where he BARELY survives. Then as time progresses that's when you book him to get back to his dominant ways. Think Seth Rollins here. Had a losing streak for a period of time and a streaky win-loss record and now he's dominating Raw every week. That's how they should be using DB.
Yeah, they don't really seem to know what they want to do with him, I'll give you that
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Probably gun shy. He’s had to vacate a title twice for injuries.