► Official Smackdown thread
It was a pretty good match. On par with Backlash for sure. Good finish too.

I rather enjoyed Daniel Bryan beating the shit out of Big Cass. That may have been a direct result of him going into business for himself, cause he was really really humiliated there.

Miz on commentary makes me happy.

Word is Jeff Hardy may have injured his leg during the dark match after Smackdown at some point. Unsure if it's serious or not though.

Sonya Deville is apparently dating Zahyra whatever, the girl who got fired from NXT for Nazi type of posts and was formerly dating Seth Rollins if I remember correctly. Nice.

Andrade debuted yay
Yeah, tiny little DBry just manning up and beating the shit out of Big Cass seemed to be somewhat of a punishment for last week. He made Cass look like a total bitch.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

So it looks like Raw is staying on USA at triple the rights fees and Smackdown is moving to Fox. Does Smackdown them become the A show?
[Image: Chaos.png]

What in the actual fuck?

Personally, with three times the fees and about half the programming, I hope that Raw will now go to 12 hours like I have always dreamed.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Probably why they loaded Smackdown so heavily in the draft. Smackdown absolutely becomes the A-show if it's on Fox.

Unless it goes to one of their Sports stations...then it's back to being the forgotten brand.
Fox just cancelled a shitload of shows to make room for something. I know Dave mentions it going to FS1 for $4.6M an episode, but it really looks like it isbfoing to the main channel.

Also, this isn't final. As mentioned on WOR, Fox can still outbid NBCU on this deal. So it might go higher.

Dave was talking about the Smackdown deal last night, they are gonna get a great price for it, but pretty much everyone wants it to go 3 hours Frown

Smackdown moving to Fox. Big Fox, not FS1 for a massive deal, and moving back to Fridays

I do not want it to go to three hours but at the same time, ever since it went live, I am thrown off by it only being 2 hours. I keep dreading making it through the end of the show and then suddenly the main event is starting.

If they go to Fox then they are really going to have to step up their writing. There might be a "1 year out" clause or maybe Fox would shop around for a buyout if the ratings are too embarrassing.
Fox are paying a BILLION dollars for Smackdown, I'm sure their creative is going to have to step up and they will be held to a higher standard.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/fox-reportedly...o-keep-ufc

I need to know the specifics of that deal. $1B? What in the actual fuck is going on here? Smackdown can't even fill arenas and suffers from Raw leftovers/reruns half the time.
$1 billion, 5-year deal to air on FOX.

Smackdown is now, without a doubt, the A-show. Expect them to stack the roster and all the big shit to start happening there now.

Nahhhh.
Network TV bruh. And not on no podunk bitch ass UPN this time.

Between the Saudi Arabia deal and this Fox deal, WWE is absolutely rolling in cash right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vince pull a UFC and sell the company in a few years for billions of dollars, just like they did.

I understand what this means, I just can't see them actually making this the A show. They have given no indication that they actually know what they are doing. If I had to guess, we will get the same tired treatment of new graphics and a slightly updated stage, pyro, Cena, guest appearances by Rock, Taker, maybe even Hogan. Hell, maybe they will pull the trigger and make Smackdown the new home of THE BIG DOG! But quite seriously, they seem incapable of creating compelling television let alone 6 hours worth each week (plus 4 to 7 hour PPVS each month). And guess what? That has worked for them financially by not rocking the boat. So there isn't much incentive to change. Improvements will be few and far between. But I'm still Hoping for the best and hoping that I'm wrong.
Oh by no means is the show going to get any better. I don't expect improvements or anything.

I just expect Smackdown to become a much more important show than Raw when it comes to things like, say, surprise Rock appearances or Brock Lesnar appearances and things like that. Anything that will garner mainstream attention is gonna happen on Smackdown now, not Raw.

Beyond that, it's going to be the same creative drag it's been for years. Why change? They're making an absurd amount of money.

That's the thing. We arent their prime customer anymore. Its NBC and Fox. And all they have to do is create a ton of content to keep them happy.

Ronda Rousey is getting moved to Smackdown at the very first opportunity they have.

This is just insane. The more I read about this, the more blown away I am.

Triple H and Stephanie are going to inherit a fucking kingdom.

I'm going to laugh so hard if HHH's heart explodes before Vince dies.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
What happens if Disney buys Fox? Will the New Fox keep the rights and move it to a different channel?
Broadcast network and FS1 are still Fox-owned.

Disney only bought the movie studio and some TV channels like FX and whatnot and all the shows and movies that covers. So the Disney thing shouldn't affect this.

In fact, Disney buying a lot of FOX assets is probably WHY they are willing to give this much $ to WWE. They have a surplus of money, and a defecit of original programming to fill their time slots. Why not bring in a 30+ year long product that pretty much guarantees viewers from day one.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
Hadn't even thought about that but yup

They can make this a true brand split. Fox vs NBCU
Smackdown is so much more enjoyable than Raw these days. I'll take Xavier Woods making fun of Corey Graves saying he is no Michael Cole, and Miz fucking up the name of the biggest video game in the world over an hour of Roman Reigns.

Yeah Smackdown has already been fun tonight. New Day was great