► Official Smackdown thread
I know I’m in the minority but I didn’t mind him. What can ya do
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
I didn't mind them choosing him at first. I thought going with somebody unexpected was a good choice. He got stale and his matches ended up being mostly bad though.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

He got the Raw end through no fault of his own despite popular opinion around here. Guy worked his ass off and generally seemed like a well-liked guy backstage. Not opposed to him losing to Styles but he deserved a little better than having to drop the title on a taped Smackdown episode.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
I don't think working hard and being a good guy qualifies you for a world title run though. I agree, he seemed like he was trying hard and he seems like a good guy. But he's just not top star material. Not everybody is.

James Ellsworth worked hard at his job and was loved backstage too, should he be champion too?
[Image: 6s9Vk0c.png]
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Yes, based hogsworth should have all the titles
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
Question is now where do they take him
(12-11-2017, 11:00 AM)Peezy Wrote: I don't think working hard and being a good guy qualifies you for a world title run though. I agree, he seemed like he was trying hard and he seems like a good guy. But he's just not top star material. Not everybody is.

James Ellsworth worked hard at his job and was loved backstage too, should he be champion too?

Was James Ellsworth drawing ratings in India that hadn't been seen since Khali was champ? Did Ellsworth do anything other than win a couple of comedic matches over AJ Styles? Was Ellsworth ever put in position as the top heel on the card that made anyone care for longer than a week? What PPVs did Ellsworth ever headline? At what point was Ellsworth ever pushed as a non-comedic role? Horrible comparison; especially for you.

So now I ask you this: Jinder accordingly is not "star material". Is that a fault of Jinder's or outright awful booking? The only guy who he had a credible feud with was Orton who many still question as to why he was put back into the spotlight for Rumble/Mania as is (a push for him has not been needed in 3 years but maybe it was Vince's apology for feeding him to Lesnar after returning from injury while CLEARLY unprepared for that match). Granted Jinder did get wins over Shinsuke, Corbin, AJ and had a solid match with Cena but in the 5 months he was champion the booking had been some of the laziest that it had ever been. If Paul Heyman had been his manager, writer or in some way been involved with his push I guarantee it would have amounted to better than having to drop the title on a taped UK episode of SD before touring in his most marketable region. That's just what WWE writing has been reduced to.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
Holy shit, Rusev is OVER
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Holy shit x2 at that opening tag match. Fucking bonkers. WWE's tag division is absolutely killing it right now
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Not much of a show. Roode is the "new" US Champion in a very weak peperformance and setup...I expect Ziggler to come back any day now. Maybe they will do the Shawn/Razor 2 belts ladder match angle.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Yeah that was a shitty Smackdown. 2 long Jinder matches in one night? No thanks.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Ooo sounds like I got some good amount of points this week
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
For some stupid reason, I had the urge to watch 1994-1995 WCW. I got to thinking about Avalanche/The Shark and couldn't remember if he ever won the WCW US championship (he had not). While researching the history of the US title, I found that it had been vacated a staggering 23 times!

Vacated when Johnny Valentine suffered a career-ending injury in a plane crash.
Vacated when Ric Flair won the NWA World Tag Team Championship four days prior.
Vacated when Wahoo McDaniel was injured by Abdullah the Butcher.
Wahoo McDaniel was stripped of the title due to Tully Blanchard interfering in McDaniel's title defense.
Magnum T.A. was stripped of the title for attacking NWA president Bob Geigel.
Dusty Rhodes was stripped of the title for attacking NWA President Jim Crockett.
Vacated when Lex Luger won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
Vacated due to Rick Rude suffering an injury.
Vacated following a title defense against Rick Rude that ended in a double pinfall.
Vader was stripped of the title by WCW commissioner Nick Bockwinkel for hospitalizing Dave Sullivan one week prior.
Vacated due to Ric Flair suffering a shoulder injury.
Vacated when Goldberg won the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
Scott Hall was stripped of the title by WCW President Ric Flair.
Scott Steiner was stripped of the title by WCW President Ric Flair.
Vacated due to Jeff Jarrett suffering an injury.
All WCW titles were declared vacant by Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff after WCW was rebooted.
Scott Steiner was stripped of the title when he used the banned Steiner Recliner submission hold on Mike Awesome.
Edge defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Test to unify the two titles. Edge became the Intercontinental Champion while the United States title was deactivated.
John Cena was stripped of the title after attacking SmackDown! General Manager Kurt Angle.
Vacated when Booker T's title defense against Chris Benoit ended in a double pinfall.
Vacated when Bret Hart became the Raw General Manager.
SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan vacated the title after Dolph Ziggler dropped and left the title in the ring on the December 19 episode of SmackDown Live.

So that is once every 1.75 years or so on average. That belt is cursed!
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Chris I truly appreciate you and your random rasslin Shit real talk
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 2 users Like tehgiftofgab's post
Apparently US Champs really like beating up officials.
[Image: Chaos.png]

USA! USA! USA!
Only notes from tonight:

- The women's Royal Rumble needs to be carefully booked to avoid it ending up like a total cluster.
-Shinsuke sounds so much better without the mouth guard.
-Such a weird and awkward exchange with that fan and New Day feeding him pancakes.
-Roode as a babyface is so unnatural and one dimensional.
-Weird time to cut to commercial during the Shane promo.
The main event was pretty well booked. Smackdown as a whole may not be great, but there are a still some parts that are tolerable.
Yea I really don't know why they decided to make Roode a face, it just makes no sense to me at all.
I dig Nakamuras Knees to faces promo

Sami vs. Owens next week on SD.

I still feel like they're slowly building tension here. I think we may be getting Sami vs. KO at Mania.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

His English still needs a lot more work. Getting the mouth guard out helps tremendously. I try and view him as if I know nothing about his past and he is just "a new guy." Other than winning the Rumble, he has been completely unremarkable. If I were a casual fan, I wouldn't be overly impressed. Hopefully this run changes all of that.
I think it is too early for that. But I don't know what the alternative is. I think I would probably go for some mix of Rusev Day vs KO/Sami.

I mean, the logical match is vs DB and Shane, but that's not happening.

Yeah Shinsuke is fairly notorious for phoning it in unless it's a major match. His debut with Sami Zayn was incredible and he had good Takeover main event matches. But since moving up to the main roster, he hasn't really been that impressive. On the same hand, he hasn't really had much to work with. Aside from a decent match with Orton and a pretty good match with Cena, he's spent the rest of the time in bullshit midcard feuds with Ziggler and Jinder. I'd phone it in too.

You know he's gonna bring it 1000% against AJ at Wrestlemania though
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

OMG the Uso lockdown graphic is retarded

Yeah that's terrible
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Nuts hearing WWE talking about Shinsuke and AJ's time in NJPW, even though they only say Japan.

Beth is cardboard on the headset (on MMC).
Baaaahahahahaaaa @ Rockstar Spud, dressed as an anorexic Million Dollar Man, getting renamed "Drake Maverick."

Awesome @ them doing a full tournament culminating at Wrestlemania.
[Image: ElTCjk8.jpg]