► Official Raw Thread
Ended up getting so sick during Raw last night that everything turned into one big long fever dream. I want to watch it again today just to see what really happened and what did I imagine.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
I think Miz still has his rematch set for Backlash for the IC title, so both titles could temporarily stay on Raw until Backlash when Miz might win the IC back and take it to Smackdown.

Roode has sucked on the main roster and the main reason for that is because they insist on taking one of the hottest heels NXT had and using him as a generic face. Like, as a face he is literally nothing but his entrance. He had some real good matches in NXT with Tye and Roderick and Shinsuke, he's proved he can go - But right now he's got 0 character beyond a good entrance and his catchphrase.

I have started watching Raw and Smackdown weekly again as of last week. I hadn't watched regularly since Summerslam last year, aside from the Raw 25th anniversary episode. I think the break was good, I was thoroughly sports entertained the last 2 weeks. But I also know we've got big things happening both weeks, so we'll see where we go from here. But it should be cool.

I am wondering what's going to happen with Absolution now that Paige is retired and GM. It seems like they'll stay on Raw to build to a tag match at Backlash between them and Nattie/Rousey, and I can see that leading to Nattie/Rousey 1 on 1 afterwards.

I wasn't expecting Roode to be the mystery partner. When Angle said "debut", I thought it was gonna be an NXT guy debuting and my mind went to Almas. I was hoping it wouldn't be him, because he needs to be exactly who he is in NXT right now. If they had tried to make him debut as a face, that'd just suck. Thankfully it wasn't him. No Sanity either, makes me wonder if they're holding off on them for awhile or if we'll see them at Greatest Rumble or something.

I was stoked to see Drew McIntyre debut/return, and the crowd really dug it too. Pairing him with Dolph seems a bit random but that Claymore/Zig Zag is a fantastic double team finisher, that works really well. I dunno if they're gonna be 2 allied dudes like KO/Sami or if they're fully a tag team, but man I'd love to see Drew/Dolph vs The Bar.

Where the fuck is Asuka?

I think Ember Moon might end up on Smackdown. Obviously some ladies will go there, they just lost the Riott Squad and Natalya. They did gain Peyton/Billie so that might cancel out some of it, might only see 1 or 2 ladies go that way. But I wouldn't be surprised if Ember was one of them.

No Cruiserweights on Raw at all, again. I really think that show would do better if they just made it a local show somewhere in a wrestling stronghold town like Orlando or Chicago or NY or something, had it in the same venue most weeks and kept it confined there. Kept it separate. I dunno if they're gonna be able to make it catch on nationwide at this point - anything's possible, but I feel like they had the real opportunity to do that right after the CWC and when they brought all the Cruiserweights to Raw and debuted 205 live in the first place. They were rolling for awhile, they had people invested and actually had some storylines going for guys. The first few months of the Cruiserweights were actually pretty good - But they messed it up by trying to do stupid gimmicks like Drew Gulak's politician/powerpoint nonsense, arguably Enzo as champion, and I still think doing 205 Live AFTER Smackdown is a bad idea. I think doing it before Raw or before Smackdown would be much more beneficial for those guys. I like how they've tried to turn it around, but it may be too late.

Jeff Hardy winning the US title was a nice surprise. That's 3 new Grand Slam champs in the last couple of months - Randy, Seth, and now Jeff. I wonder if they're just looking at who needs what title and saying "Ok well let's finish off the set then". People who are really close include John Cena (Needs IC title), Kevin Owens (Needs Tag), Kane (Needs US)...

Though I wonder what this does for the US title match we had scheduled for Backlash. It was Jinder/Randy - Now I would imagine it'd become a triple threat with Jeff in there too.

I wonder how long they're gonna wait before putting the tag titles on AoP.

Breezango with the surprise win over The Bar makes me think the Bar may be splitting up in the near future. I feel like they may have run their course as a team and it might be time for them to hit the singles world again.

Samoa Joe keeps verbally destroying Roman and I love it, but I don't love that right now his promos mostly are about Brock Lesnar and then about what Joe will to do Reigns as the afterthought. Is Joe trying to steal Heyman's job as the Advocate?
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post
(04-17-2018, 11:01 AM)Chris Wrote: Ended up getting so sick during Raw last night that everything turned into one big long fever dream. I want to watch it again today just to see what really happened and what did I imagine.

I think you should just go with what you remember. Whatever your feverish mind conjured up is now canon.
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
Yep. I think next week's US title match between LA Park and Antonio Inoki time travelling from 1984 is gonna be great.
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

[+] 4 users Like Ceallach's post
Damn, that would actually make me watch next week!
I regret watching this. Raw is not looking strong. I guess we have more people for Braun to destroy. Big deal. At least the tag division is being refreshed. Not the best debut for AoP. Whoever their match agent really fucked them over.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
They could literally not move anyone to Smackdown and Smackdown would still win this draft.
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]