Official WWE Wrestlemania 33 2017 Betting Thread
Cena match was cute and a really good moment. It was a old school baby face vs heel with a real human moment. I we weren't jaded we'd see that.
(04-03-2017, 01:54 AM)CAGE Wrote: Cena match was cute

[Image: 4Rull0O.gif]
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Mudkips's post
I fell asleep and woke up to see loman lames spear taker and pin him. Didn't hear any boos and shut off my phone.
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
(04-03-2017, 02:31 AM)Mudkips Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 01:54 AM)CAGE Wrote: Cena match was cute
[Image: 4Rull0O.gif]

It's was, it was straight fluff.. I stand by my cute statment
Also, I loved mania up until the Orton Wyatt finish. They should've axed the Pitbull performance and split it up between those guys and the SD women.

I give it a solid B+

Fucc the crowd for not reacting to the homie Seth vs HHH

Seth is the god, and Owens v Jericho was grate too.

I'm not even sweating the Roman and taker match, we all knew it was going to happen and we all knew they'd mute the boos. Why is anyone even mad? He's pinning Brock next year too, I'm over it rite
Underwhelming is the only thing I can say to describe Taker's last match.
Zack T - 77
User Name - 70
L - 63
Peezy - 64
tehgiftofgab - 64
Rob - 85
Fro - 69
Obsidian - 69
Landshark - 74

Winner of WRESTLEMANIA 33 - Rob!
[Image: vB9B5.gif]

I would have been perfect if I knew that Hardy's were returning and they didn't fucking put Mojo over.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

People shitting on Taker losing are forgetting that Taker has been the locker room leader for years and he is huge on tradition. And in wrestling you go out on your back. I guarantee that losing was his choice.
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 3 users Like Ceallach's post
I don't think anyone minds that he lost. It's who he lost to.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 3 users Like Peezy's post
Undertaker HOF 2018
I dunno. If it goes somewhere I'd be okay with it. Like, the Roman hate is getting a bit old and if they make him more heelish, this works for me.

If they really think putting him over Taker is a way to make people love him though, wtf writers.

Though Meltz did say that Roman is the biggest merch seller atm, so he might just be stuck in that John Cena 2007 limbo
[Image: Chaos.png]

I don't think it's so much the fact he lost what is probably his last match that people are mad about as much as it's people just hate the fuck out of Roman and WWE keeps putting him in these high profile spots for the last 3 years when he's clearly not ready for it and most of the fans don't want to see him there. That plus if they wanted Taker to go out on his back then it should have been when he lost to Brock, or maaaaaaaybe the next year if he put over Bray. There was just no real good reason for Undertaker's matches since the streak ended and even before then he was clearly getting too banged up to keep doing this even if it's just once a year. And Roman was just not the right guy able to carry Undertaker at this point and the match was sloppy as fuck, granted it wasn't completely Roman's fault but he was clearly lost for most of that match which fucked up a lot of spots. You could just tell they weren't on the same page (no Maddox/Woods) and the fact that Undertaker had a sloppy last match putting over the most hated, over pushed guy on the roster is gonna make people hate Roman even more now. At this point they really need to give up making Roman the next Cena, turn him completely heel and let him be the top guy in that way until a new babyface can be built up to knock him down.
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
[+] 3 users Like hedgehogg96's post
In a new desperate attempt to get him over, reigns comes out on raw wearing takers gloves, hat and jacket that he left in the ring
[Image: o8uk4p.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Turdy McSmutbags's post
Austin Aries vs. Neville - Fun match. Glad to see Aries make it to the big stage like that. Never been a huge fan of the guy but I respect him and he's earned it. Happy for both of them. Neville winning by going after the injured eye is just some spectacular heel shit.

Andre The Giant Battle Royal - The only reason Mojo won this was so they could get Gronk/ESPN coverage for it the next day. Mojo's lucky he knows the guy. Because holy shit, the final 3 being Mojo, Jinder, and Daine was just....ugh. Also, I feel bad for Big Show. Poor guy has made it abundantly clear that this was his last Wrestlemania. He went from a high-profile match with Shaq to being unceremoniously eliminated 2 minutes into a pre-show battle royal.

Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin - Eh, fine for what it was I guess. Basically just an average TV match. Sucks balls for Ambrose though. Dude carried the company on his back for the last year, worked more shows than anyone on the entire roster, and can't even get on the main card. That's some bullshit.

Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles - I still wish this had been AJ vs. an actual wrestler. Samoa Joe didn't even get to be on the show. Nakamura and Finn Balor are right there! But regardless, kudos to Shane, he more than carried his own and AJ, being arguably the best wrestler on the planet right now, made this an actually really good match. So hey, it could have been a lot worse.

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho - So I missed most of this match because right around the time it started, my dog ate a fucking corn cob. Like, the whole thing. Just devoured it. My wife (a vet technician) realized, umm, that's not good. Dogs can't digest them and they're actually one of the main causes of blockages. So I spent most of this match on the back porch, helping my wife squirt carefully measured amounts of hydrogen peroxide down the dog's throat to induce vomiting. Fun fact: hydrogen peroxide makes a dog vomit up EVERYTHING (don't do it for fun though, it also causes stomach ulcers. Only for emergencies kids). Holy shit it was gross. But it looks like she puked it all back up. Wife took the dog to work today to make sure there was nothing left in her that could cause an obstruction and she's fine. So yeah, I guess I need to go back and re-watch this. From what I saw, it seemed fine but nothing particularly memorable.

Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte - The booking of the women's division continues to make no sense. If Charlotte had just remained champion, they could have had Bayley's big win here and they wouldn't have sacrificed her PPV streak on a bullshit throwaway show. So instead, Bayley goes in as champion, with no heat and nothing for the fans to be invested in. Before the match even started, this whole thing was just a victim of piss-poor booking. Anyway, it was fine for what it was. Got a little sloppy at the end but whatever.

Enzo & Cass vs. The Club vs. Cesaro & Sheamus vs. The Hardy's - Obviously the highlight of the whole show. Kind of a bummer that they pretty much had to abandon the Broken gimmick since it's in legal limbo at the moment. They still got the chants, but they most certainly weren't in character. And that sucks because without the Broken gimmick, what's special about them anymore? Who wants a Team XTreme Hardy's nostalgia run? Fuck that. The whole reason anyone cares about them these days is because of that gimmick. Without it, they're just an old tag team that probably shouldn't have gone over the other 3 teams. Hopefully they figure out the legal shit and let them use the Broken gimmick. Otherwise, hard pass.

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. Miz & Maryse - After weeks of fucking incredible promos and Miz being amazing, this is what we get? Ugh. The match was crap and pretty much just the pre-show to the dumb proposal. And it proves everything Miz said correct. He spent weeks saying their relationship is fake and manufactured for TV and publicity. Then Cena proposes (which the internet heard about months ago but Nikki still pretends to be surprised) and they have Al Roker there to make sure it gets talked about on the Today Show. It literally validated everything Miz said about them. Fake. Manufactured. Carefully planned for publicity and marketability. Ugh. But the match did have one highlight: Miz was probably the most over babyface on the show aside from the Hardy's. Holy shit, the crowd was nuclear hype for Miz. Good. That dude deserves it after spending the last 6 months being the best heel in the biz.

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins - Kinda bummed that this ended up being basically just any other no DQ match. "Unsanctioned" should be treated like WWE is hands off. No pyro and elaborate entrances. Turn off all the LED "WWE" logos. Come out in street clothes. Maybe let them bleed a little. I wanted unadultrated hatred and violence. Instead I got motorcycles, pyro, wrestling moves, and an unsanctioned match "brought to you by Snickers!" That being said, the match was pretty awesome but kinda hampered by the fact that they had to milk the knee injury which slowed it down. Kudos to Steph for taking the world's weakest table bump. Also, kudos to Steph for the hot biker babe look. Peezy like.

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton - These poor fucks. They spent months building a great storyline on Smackdown and then when Orton randomly turned arsonist and the whole angle turned into a bunch of supernatural shit, this storyline fell right the fuck off a cliff. It was dead in the water 3 weeks ago. They didn't have a chance here anyway. And then we get guys pretending to be scared of projector pictures in the ring? Ugh. This was one of the corniest matches in Wrestlemania history and Bray Wyatt got beat like a jobber. Shit angle, shit match, shit finish. Fuck this garbage.

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar - I was sports entertained hard during this. It only lasted 5 minutes but goddamn that was an intense 5 minutes. And props to Goldberg for going out there and taking his beating like a fuckin' man. He's 50 years old and was just on a podcast talking about how everything hurts and his body just can't take the bumps at his age. And he went out there and ate a shitload of Germans and let Brock be the first person to ever kick out of the jackhammer (after 4 spears). Now Goldie can fuck off back to retirement and Brock can inevitably lose the title to Roman as Vince tries desperately to still make that a thing.

Alexa Bliss vs. Err'body - This match happened in fast forward, since they were obviously being rushed. Fine for what it was, but nothing special. Cool for Naomi to win in her hometown. She's improved a lot and seems like a genuinely nice person. So hey, good for her. But man, the crowd was checked out by now.

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker - Undertaker lost a 23-year long undefeated streak to Brock, for the sole purpose of Brock eventually giving the rub to Roman a year later. And now Roman beats Undertaker and ends his career. Think about that. Vince literally sacrificed EVERYTHING Undertaker had to offer, his entire legacy, to get Roman Reigns over. The result: 75,000 people booing it mercilessly. He even passed up the chance for Cena vs. Undertaker, which was one of the biggest money-matches they had and now it will never happen. That being said, lord knows it was time. Undertaker should have retired after Brock ended the streak. His 3 WM matches since then have just been progressively worse and sadder to watch. This one was especially bad. The guy is just broken down and finished. I have no problem with Undertaker losing at Wrestlemania in his final match. But Roman Reigns has now headlined 3 Wrestlemanias in a row, with the hope that this will be the one that finally makes him the top star Vince wants him to be. And it's just not happening. Vince's utter refusal to give up on it is the most stubborn thing I've ever seen. And to sacrifice one of the most legendary stars in the history of professional wrestling to try and make it work is disgusting.

Overall a pretty solid Wrestlemania, but the ending just left a horrible taste in my mouth. I was never the biggest Undertaker fan, but goddamn he deserved better than to have everything he's ever accomplished used to try and get over Vince's pet project.

Other thoughts:
- This was a really straight-forward Wrestlemania. Just match, match, match, match, match, match, etc. Aside from the Hardy's, there were no surprises. No legend appearances, no big skits, or debuts or anything. Kinda weird when you think about it.

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
(04-03-2017, 11:36 AM)Turdy McSmutbags Wrote: In a new desperate attempt to get him over, reigns comes out on raw wearing takers gloves, hat and jacket that he left in the ring

He comes out in the Flapjack mask, a FLAPATIO shirt and to white hoez in heat...With a fro lookalike as his manager.
[+] 2 users Like Brulos's post
I think my biggest complaint that I don't think has been said yet was what was with all the fucking commercials? I know they've been doing them on ppvs for awhile now, but I don't remember them ever having commercial breaks before and after every match. I dunno if they even still sell traditional ppvs anymore but I was pissed about it even spending $9.99 nevermind $60+ to get that many commercials. Maybe they had to cut some of the New Day skits because they're still afraid of Paige chants and used commercials to fill the time but god damn was it getting ridiculous.
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/03/john-cena-...a-surgery/

There they are on the Today Show, proving Miz right again

A few notes from last night:

-It was so much fun live. It is right up there with WM31 in terms of delivering despite the card and build up.

-Who did the pyro budget? Jesus Krash Almighty, I have never seen so much outside of a 4th of July show.

-Aries and Neville did great. The Battle Royal can fuck right off as can Mojo and that XFL wannabe.

-Shane vs. AJ made more sense with the ref bump coming to fruition. Good effort but still an abuse of AJ.

- The ending of KO and Jericho shocked the crowd.

-Goldbergs entrance was botched as they kept putting up the graphic for Rick Rude HoF induction. Brock destroying Bill was very satisfying. The crowd loved it. Lots of people left after this.

-Seth vs. HHH was better than expected but hard to watch considering Seth's health. No Joe or Balor was lame. Glad Steph took a bump. Seth's entrance was weak as fuck. It feels like HHH always has to have something better.

-Almost no one went all the way up the ramp after their match. Once the camera cut away, they snuck around the side.

-Orton and Bray's ending felt abrupt. The added magic tricks were a fun but weird touch. It really felt like Abigail was going to debut. Speaking of abrupt, each fall in the Raw women's matxh was a bit of a shocker.

-No one cared much about the SD Women's match or the concert.

- The lights blinding the crowd for Cena/Miz (plus bonus ladies!) killed a lot of the reactions. It wasn't annoying, it was like looking into the sun.

-Taker losing was no shocker. I hated seeing it. I didn't watch him get up and do the whole symbolic thing. I was just...done.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Not just the who, but the fact the fued was tossed together out of nowhere.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
I agree with Peezy's review in many ways but I don't understand how anyone can call this Mania solid. You highlighted countless missed opportunities, storyline blunders, very lengthy, forgettable matches and an ending that we all seem to agree left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I would call this a disappointing, underwhelming and overall a forgettable Mania.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
This was a fancy date night in an abusive relationship.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Chris's post
Im curious to know Chris but how was the NXT crowd compared to Mania's?
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(04-03-2017, 02:29 PM)Obsidian Wrote: I agree with Peezy's review in many ways but I don't understand how anyone can call this Mania solid.

The guy from whatculture called it the best mania of the last 10-15 years, that's why. I'll agree it was better than the last couple years and it had awesome moments, but calling one of the best shows ever is a stretch.
Taker and roman should have had a buried alive match.
The people that whine about part timers beating young guys are now whining about roman beating undertaker. Comical
[Image: MNE-Outlined-in-Chalk.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Reggie's post
#AnyoneButRoman
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehogg96's post
(04-03-2017, 02:50 PM)Liu Kang Baking A Pie Wrote: Taker and roman should have had a buried alive match.

Or Casket match
(04-03-2017, 02:12 PM)Chris Wrote: -Goldbergs entrance was botched as they kept putting up the graphic for Rick Rude HoF induction.

Ha a friend of mine who was there texted me the same thing. I don't think it ever showed on TV.

(04-03-2017, 02:29 PM)Obsidian Wrote: I agree with Peezy's review in many ways but I don't understand how anyone can call this Mania solid. You highlighted countless missed opportunities, storyline blunders, very lengthy, forgettable matches and an ending that we all seem to agree left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. I would call this a disappointing, underwhelming and overall a forgettable Mania.

Missed opportunities and other complaints aside, it was a solid show ringwork-wise. Almost all of the matches were at least passable and many of them (tag team ladder match, AJ/Shane, Triple H/Rollins, Aries/Neville, etc.) were really good matches and Goldberg/Lesnar was super exciting.

I went in with low expectations. It exceeded them.

Definitely not best show ever or anything. But it was solid B-