Official NJPW/ROH/CMLL Thread
He doesnt come off political, but he doesnt mince words and he does kind of sound like some old american wrestlers in a dislike for modern styles. He shits on Shibata, talks about the difficulty in getting Nakamura to do things, calls Giant Bernard smelly, openly discusses the problems he had with Inoki and Kidani.

But i do think there was some truth in the booking with Omega. He talks a lot about his philosophy and decrys high spot flippy wrestlers, and ultra violence. In one section he talks about how Flairs flip over the rope or Inoki's enzugiri mean more than some whole matches some members of the roster have. He calls high spot wrestling "McDonalds" wrestling. He hates nearfalls and was even unsure of adding the High Fly Flow in 2006 but he wanted something to entice new fans.

He really rips into strong style and brawling. He comes off like Cornette or something in some parts talking about the music between the notes and how less is more, and how it should look like a serious contest with trying to get a pinfall and not a series of escalating sequences to shock people.

Oh and with Shibata specifically he talks about the creative directions that he was given in 2005, and how he didnt even offer any input or ideas and he just left when business was down and came back after business was back up and his buddy Takaki Kidani had gotten power.
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
Does he go into the stabbing much?

Also, for those of you who were listening to the special WOR where Dave is going through the Giant Baba display, here is a photo gallery:
https://wrestlingfigs.com/wrestlingnews/...uya-japan/
[Image: Chase-Field-2-1024x732.jpg]
No, this book is wall to wall wrestling. Theres a little bit in the beginning about growing up in Gifu, his college days and stuff but other than food and baseball he doeant talk about much else.

ROH striking back with a hot new stable:

[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
ROH seems like they're moving in an NJPW-style direction, with these new factions. Didn't Marty Scurll start one up recently too?
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
My thoughts exactly right after I saw that.
I’ll save Fro the trouble of posting about how Vince did it better 20ish years ago:

[Image: 220px-Survivor_Series_1997.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Oh man, ROH partnered with VetTix, i can now get into all of their shows for free. Im about to get way more into ROH.

Holy shit. ROH signed Rush.

I really like what ROH is doing right now. They lost the Elite guys and they seem to be making major changes. Factions like NJPW. Signing up top Mexican stars like Rush and Bandido.

Props to them, they're making a real effort to rebuild.

Lose the Bucks, sign the best 6 guys you can afford. Makes sense. It might create an unhappy locker room or a competitive one. The “regulars” might be unhappy that others are making more but it also might bring guys closer together in the name of competition.

Flip injured his knee and is out a month, Sabin tore something and is out for 6ish months I think.
I really think Delirious as booker has to go though

My biggest problem with ROH is that they're on at like 2am on channel 58.4 here in Los Angeles. Sinclair owns a bunch of stations, you'd think they'd put them on one of the bigger ones. Their website doesn't even work to pull up the time/channel.

And yeah, Scrull created a staple with Brody King (not sure how well known he is outside LA) and 80 year old PCO.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
You can watch their TV show online for free through their official website:

https://www.rohwrestling.com/current-tv-episode
I don't watch wrestling on mobile devices. I've got it set to record on my DVR. However, most people in LA have cable, and most cable companies don't carry the obscure sub-station they decide to put it on. Its weird to me they aren't trying to get it a bigger audience.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
ROH has Sinclair backing them. They have more money than Vince.

Conceivably, ROH could pull a WCW and steal all of WWE's stars if they wanted and be way bigger than they are. But for whatever reason, Sinclair has just never been willing to invest in them that way.