Official NJPW/ROH Thread
Naito's going back to back. There's no way they don't put the belt on him at WK.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

No real surprises on the list. Kinda over Makabe's old ass in these things though.

Good news, there's English commentary for every show this year.
[Image: 6s9Vk0c.png]
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

A Block --

Togi Makabe
Michael Elgin
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kazuchika Okada
Jay White
YOSHI-HASHI
Bad Luck Fale
Hangman Page
EVIL
Minoru Suzuki
B Block --

Juice Robinson
Hirooki Goto
Tomohiro Ishii
Toru Yano
Tama Tonga
SANADA
Tetsuya Naito
Zack Sabre Jr.
Kenny Omega
Kota Ibushi

Kota Ibushi vs Omega OMG

Naito vs Ibushi
Naito vs Omega

Suzuki vs Okada
Tanahashi vs Okada
Jay White vs Okada could lead to White leaving Chaos

This looks great!
Oh god. Ibushi vs. Omega is happening. Holy shit
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

I'm looking forward to:
Suzuki vs. Fake
Suzuki vs. Okada
Okada vs. Jay White
Okada vs. Tanahashi
Ishii vs. Omega
ZSJ vs. Omega
Omega vs. Naito
Omega vs. Ibushi...thats huge.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
You're sleeping on EVIL v Okada. If memory serves, EVIL won their match last year in the G1. Could be an awesome one.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
Ishii vs Yano
Could be fun

Evil vs Okada last year, I had Evil winning when I watched the match and exactly the way I saw it happening.
I'm just not a huge fan of EVIL. He is a perfectly good midcard or tag team wrestler but he was carried by much greater performers in his best matches.
And holding up an Okada match as an example of how good someone is is faulty. Okada could get a 4 star match out of Carmella.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Yeah Evil has had some good matches but he doesn't really do it for me for some reason. But he's decent enough.

And oh yeah, I didn't realize we'd be getting Ishii vs. Yano. That should be interesting.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Here's a link to all the cards: https://www.njpw1972.com/30048

Here's the dates for most of the matches any of us might care about. I'm a glutton for punishment so obviously I'm going to watch every second of every match because I have no life. But matches of note:

July 14
Tanahashi/Suzuki

July 15
Ishii/Yano
Omega/Naito
Ibushi/ZSJ

July 19
Naito/Ishii

July 21
SANADA/ZSJ

July 26
Ishii/ZSJ
SANADA/Ibushi

July 28
Ishii/Ibushi
Omega/SANADA

Aug. 1
Omega/ZSJ

Aug. 2
Okada/Suzuki

Aug. 4
Ishii/Omega
Naito/Ibushi

Aug. 5
Okada/EVIL

Aug. 8
Naito/SANADA
Omega/Yano

Aug. 10
Okada/Tanahashi

Aug. 11 (at Budokan Hall)
Naito/ZSJ
Omega/Ibushi

Aug. 12
A vs. B finals

I have a feeling that Omega vs. Ibushi will also come down to whichever one of them wins will be the B-block finalist. I also have a feeling Kota is going to try to get banned from Budokan again.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Fuck Europe. I'm staying home and watching G1!
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Has Omega versus ZSJ ever happened?
I think maybe in a tag team match? But I can't remember them ever having a one-on-one match, at least not in NJPW
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Looks like WWE flexed some muscle and got ROH kicked out of MSG.

Quote:While Ring of Honor planned to run a show at Madison Square Garden next year, it looks like that won't be happening.

ROH COO Joe Koff did an interview with PWInsider today where he noted that Madison Square Garden said they were backing out of the show after "communications from WWE." Dave Meltzer reported last Thursday that WWE was doing everything they could to stop the event from happening and that it was possible they would succeed in doing so.

"I’m not going to discuss beyond this statement because I am not going to litigate this in the press," Koff told PWInsider. "We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE. We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion.

"I’m expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City."

Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Chris Ripley first mentioned the show while speaking with the Baltimore Business Journal. It was planned to take place during the Saturday of next year's WrestleMania weekend, with WWE's Hall of Fame ceremony, NXT TakeOver special, and post-Mania Raw and SmackDown scheduled for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

AAA has also been planning to run Madison Square Garden. It's been several decades since anyone other than the McMahon family has promoted a pro wrestling show at the venue.

THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Monopolize much?