Official NJPW/ROH Thread
if it was closer than 2 hours away for 2 of the 3 shows, i would consider going.

its the trip back that i always hate.
[Image: 829686562-e1502426351617.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1]
Which shows?
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Interesting tidbit about the IC Belt from Leather By Dan:
Quote:New Japan keeps all their belts and always has.

The "original" Dave Millican made belt which was destroyed was glued back together and the strap re-sprayed white. None of the work was done by anyone with a clue about belts. The next day the belt was already breaking again, strap cracking and peeling again.

New Japan had a new belt made....a bootleg. Dave Millican owns the artwork rights to the belt. New Japan owns their logo. Dave can make copies of the belt without the logo. New Japan cannot have the belt replicated without permission or agreement from Dave. According to Dave, this new belt was not made with permission from him.

New Japan had this new IC belt made by a lower end beltmaker in Pakistan in which the details of the belt are nowhere close to the original. It's literally one of the bad bootlegs you can get on eBay.

[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
pittsburgh and columbus
[Image: 829686562-e1502426351617.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1]
[Image: london-bc-lij.jpg]

Coming hot off the heels of the sold-out War of the Worlds 2017 Tour in North America, ROH is thrilled to announce, in conjunction with NJPW, CMLL and Revolution Pro Wrestling, the first-ever War of the Worlds UK Tour from August 18th, 2017 – August 20th, 2017! With stronger-than-ever partnerships, stars from the top professional wrestling organizations in the world will do battle over the course of three nights!

The tour comes in overwhelming response to not only the resoundingly successful ROH Reach for the Sky UK Tour, but also to the rapid sellouts of Ring of Honor, New Japan, CMLL, and Rev Pro events around the globe. The match possibilities are endless, dream teams could be formed, and various championships WILL be contested!

Officials from all four companies have been meeting throughout the early parts of the summer creating and signing matches the fans want to see. And in London at York Hall, a first-time ever, ten-man clash has been signed pitting two of the most popular groups this century against one another!

MAIN EVENT

LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (TETSUYA NAITO, HIROMU TAKAHASHI w/DARYL, & NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX MEN CHAMPIONS BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA) vs. BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD CHAMPION “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY, ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS, “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL, & ADAM PAGE)

Two of the most popular groups of the 21st century will meet for the VERY FIRST TIME in a ten-man tag team match in the main event of War of the Worlds UK – London! Bullet Club, represented by ROH World Champion Cody, ROH World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, “The Villain” Marty Scurll, and Adam Page meet Los Ingobernables de Japon, comprised of former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Tetsuya Natio, former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Hiromu Takahashi with Daryl, and the NEVER Openweight Six Men Tag Team Champions BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA in a dream match fans have requested since the tour was announced!

This bout marks the first time many of these international megastars will be in the same ring with one another, including the first time ROH World Champion Cody and former ROH World Television Champion Marty Scurll step into a ROH ring with former IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Champion Naito! The match also marks the first time Naito and BUSHI will be in the ring with the Young Bucks since their instant classic at the War of the Worlds Pay Per View event in May!

Interestingly enough, the match may come down to the experience of one of the youngest men in the match, Adam Page, who has been in the ring the most with the largest cross-section of LIJ while Scurll brings the home country advantage to the match, being the only man in the match that does not have to leave his country to compete!

What cannot be overlooked, however, is the record that Los Ingobernables de Japon possesses in ten-man tag team action. Since Best of Super Juniors 2017, this LIJ fivesome is 8-3 in ten-man tag team matches, a distinct advantage on a group of five opponents that have not competed in such a unique tag team match!

These two groups meet for the VERY FIRST TIME in ten-man tag competition in the main event of War of the Worlds UK – London in a bout guaranteed to be an instant classic! Who will come out on top? Join us in London to find out!

The stars of ROH, NJPW, CMLL, and REV PRO will do battle for three nights on the War of the Worlds UK Tour with a special Rev Pro Kick off event Thursday, August 17! Don’t miss these once in a lifetime events when the four best professional wrestling organizations in the world unite on the War of the Worlds UK Tour!

ROH, CMLL, NJPW, & RPW PRESENT THE WAR OF THE WORLDS UK TOUR DAY 1 – LONDON
Local Time: Friday, Aug 18, 2017 07:00pm local time
York Hall
5 Old Ford Road
London

ALREADY SIGNED

MAIN EVENT

LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (TETSUYA NAITO, HIROMU TAKAHASHI w/DARYL, & NEVER OPENWEIGHT SIX MEN CHAMPIONS BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA) vs. BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD CHAMPION “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY, ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS, “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL, & ADAM PAGE)

SIGNED TO APPEAR:

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)
JAY LETHAL
BULLY RAY
THE BRISCOES
CMLL’S MISTICO
CMLL’S REY BUCCANERO
CMLL’S TITAN
CMLL’s ULTIMO GUERRERO

AND MUCH MORE!
The conflict I feel is real

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Can a televised/NJPW World schedule be posted here of upcoming shows?

I know Destruction and KOPW are next, January is WrestleKingdom.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

http://njpwworld.com/feature/schedule#googtrans(en)
(03-22-2017, 07:59 PM)Chris Wrote: There goes Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Lio Rush's leverage! Holy shit if this is true!

(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

It was only a matter of time.
[Image: FK9R0ZG.jpg]

Destruction in Fukushima (Sep. 10)
Match Notes Time Limit
War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) © vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) IWGP Tag Team Championship 3-Way Match 60
Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI) © vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano & Rocky Romero) NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Match 60
Minoru Suzuki © vs. Michael Elgin NEVER Openweight Championship Match 60

Destruction in Hiroshima (Sep. 16)
Match Notes Time Limit
Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens) Roppongi Vice Final Match 20
Funky Future (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet) vs. Suzukigun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi) IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match 60
War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) IWGP Tag Team Championship 3-Way Match 60
KUSHIDA © vs. El Desperado IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match 60
Hiroshi Tanahashi © vs. Zack Sabre Jr. IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match 60

Destruction in Kobe (Sep. 24)
Match Notes Time Limit
War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) IWGP Tag Team Championship 3-Way Match 60
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi) Tag Team Match 30
Kenny Omega © vs. Juice Robinson IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship Match 60

King of Pro-Wrestling (Oct. 9)
Match Notes Time Limit
Tetsuya Naito © vs. Tomohiro Ishii Tokyo Dome Contract Match 60
Kazuchika Okada © vs. EVIL IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match

Fucked up formatting but you get the point.
No Omega vs Okada IV at KOPW or Destruction.
Ishii vs Naito for the contract wow.

If they have Juice beat Omega in his first defense, I bet Omega leaves after WK.

Jimmy King > Sting

Skip to 37mins if you want just the Kenny Omega Interview

Highlights: Talks about his time in Deep South, Calgary, working with Naito, The Elite, Future of Bullet Club

Jimmy King > Sting

So Glacier is in Roh now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

DangPlex beat you to that news.

Let that sink in.
Omega has a meniscus injury and will miss most of the upcoming Destruction shows. Apparently he will be back in just a few weeks.

The rumor swirling around is that Haku's third son, Leo Tonga, will be on the tour. Here is Leo towering over Bad Luck Fale:
[Image: DJBR222W0AARksP?format=jpg]
I guess it's comfirmed:

Due to an injury sustained to his left knee’s lateral meniscus, Kenny Omega will not appear in matches between 9/7 and 9/22. We apologize to all fans who were looking forward to those matches.
Wrestling in his place will be Leo Tonga. The son of legendary pro-wrestler King Haku, Leo will join his brothers Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa in the ring. Please refer to the below list of events to view the updated match lineups.
https://www.njpw1972.com/schedule/
Holy shit, that's a big ol' boy
[Image: ryabFb2.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Fale already towers over those little yellow men... I want to see this guy throw Kushida from the ring to the 7th row really bad now.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

I just finished a Road to Destruction show. If you are short on time, you can skip it but here are some notes that won't spoil the show:

-Killer Elite Squad is back and will probably have a strong showing in the World Tag League (G1 but with Tag Teams). They are my pick to win it.

-Leo Tonga is green. He simply isn't ready for this level yet. His performance was passable but he lacks timing and awareness. In two years, we could see a pretty impressive star.

-Very good setup for Michael Elgin vs. Suzuki.

- The main event is worth watching. It's a big single elimination tag match (LIJ vs. Chaos). The most interesting addition though is you can be thrown over the top rope to be eliminated...I don't think I have ever seen a match like this exactly.
Good lookin' out. I'll check that out.
Just tuned into XV. Miss anything?
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
http://umabi.jp/njpw-keiba/race/game.html

WTF
Watching Ishii vs Naito
I said it since day one when I first saw Naito, he reminds me of HBK. The miss reversal sequence into a side slam was great.
Shit this is good.

Jimmy King > Sting

Ha, I was watching Ishii/Naito at about the same time last night also. But then I got sleepy and started to fall asleep right as Okada/EVIL was about to start so I'll get around to watching that tonight probably.

But Ishii/Naito was fire. Both guys are just so goddamn good. Hype for Naito/Okada at WK12
Same. Watching Evil vs Okada now

Jimmy King > Sting

Me too! Wtf?! Are you me?

Evil in control. Crowd doesn't seem very into it
All the Okada dollars EVERYWHERE

Jimmy King > Sting

Shit that match was tits

Jimmy King > Sting

Yeah it was pretty good. I think I liked Naito/Ishii better though.