Official NJPW/ROH Thread
Kota Ibushi has been announced for the G1 tournament, and he'll be himself, not Tiger Mask W. Fucking awesome news.

Full list of participants:

Bad Luck Fale
Evil
Hirooki Goto
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Juice Robinson (first time)
Kazuchika Okada
Kenny Omega
Kota Ibushi (first time)
Michael Elgin
Minoru Suzuki
Sanada
Satoshi Kojima
Tama Tonga
Tetsuya Naito
Togi Makabe
Tomohiro Ishii
Toru Yano
Yoshi-Hashi
Yuji Nagata (his 19th tournament and he announced it'll be his last)
Zack Sabre Jr. (first time)
[Image: dFuaqKG.jpg]
I see that Cody isn't in there...that lineup is really predictable which is a shame as there had been talk of adding in some guts from AJPW or CMLL. Don't get me wrong, there will be some fantastic matches but Nagata and Kojima are as close as it comes to surprises.

Also, in ROH news, Cody is challenging Christopher Daniels for the World Title this Friday. Curious to see how that one pans out. Here is the entire card which includes many familiar faces:

MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD CHAMPION “ALMIGHTY” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs. “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION KUSHIDA vs. “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON) vs. WAR MACHINE (HANSON & RAY ROWE)

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES vs. DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS

“PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG vs. JAY LETHAL

STRAP MATCH
HANGMAN PAGE vs. “HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN

THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN & VINNY MARSEGLIA) vs. CMLL’S ULTIMO GUERRERO & EL TERRIBLE

LOSING TEAM MUST DISBAND
THE REBELLION (KENNY KING, RHETT TITUS, CAPRICE COLEMAN, & SHANE TAYLOR) vs. SEARCH AND DESTROY (ALEX SHELLEY, CHRIS SABIN, JAY WHITE, & JONATHAN GRESHAM)
AND MORE!
[Image: 2zxDa-63bw4-1.gif?height=400&password=aS...&width=400]
Bad news regarding Shibata via a translation of his blog:
[Image: DC8avk-XkAEeicY.jpg:small]
(06-22-2017, 07:16 PM)Chris Wrote: Bad news regarding Shibata via a translation of his blog:
[Image: DC8avk-XkAEeicY.jpg:small]

Link to the original? The translation sounds less than stellar
[Image: hhhpacblue62-300x211.png]

You're the only one who talks Jap. Find it and let us know.
Got distracted by videos of his MMA career. 4-11-1. Dude was knocked out 5 times, he probably had major brain trauma well before this.

Apparently there will be some form of now NJPW IC belt tomorrow according to Tanahashi.

I didn't get to watch ROH but ummm....spoiler...

Cody is now the ROH World Champion. We will be seeing ROH World Champion vs. NJPW World Champion soon.
And neeeewwww....
[Image: DDK1l2GUQAAxZXT?format=jpg]
[Image: DDK1l2GUMAARjdx?format=jpg]
...restored belt.
I mean, shit, they did a good job on it.
NJPW belts are way nicer than WWE belts lately.
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

So at ROH The Addiction turned heel again, and Daniels did a shoot where he said in his rematch with Cody he'd win back the title, then immediately fuck off to NXT with it to be a trainer because they'd love him more, lol

[Image: vM3ZSdC.jpg]

G1 Climax lineup. Omega vs. Okada III is happening!
Does NJPW do a trial? I've been thinking about scooping it up (little yellow bus rite) but don't know if I want to navigate Ching Chong to watch it.
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
http://www.keyboardcowboys.net/forums/thread-26753.html
(03-17-2016, 02:01 PM)Wiggz Wrote: Jimmy King had a broken back and was paralyzed but he hopped out of his wheelchair and whooped Kanyon in Memphis. Then Sting broke six bones in his neck with a bat and in two weeks he came back and ruled ass.

Jimmy King > Sting

Is the G1 Tournament like BOSJ?
Winner can challenge champ and if champ wins, champ names #1 contender at WK?

What if Cody loses to Okada, then wrecks him afterward making Okada vs Omega 3 not possible immediately?

Jimmy King > Sting

Yeah that's pretty much how it goes.

And that would suuuuuck. But I don't think he'll do that.

My prediction: Omega finally beats Okada to win B-block, but then he loses to Naito in the finals and therefore doesn't get the title shot.
I have not had as much time as I had hoped to look at the G1 stuff. It is going to be a busy summer of hosting people and running around. Here are a few fun things in the meantime:

-NJPW World app for the Amazon Fire Stick or TV has launched. Now you have one more way to watch!
https://www.amazon.com/TV-Asahi-Corporat...B071GYXVRM

-Shibata apparently has regained some vision and is doing a tad better. The reason for him being so open in his last blog is that he was desperate for more information on his condition and was hoping to learn more or that someone would reach out to him. Scary and sad.

-You ever wonder WTF is up with the capitalized names in NJPW? Well, a few fans shined some light on that situation:
Quote:Wrestlers who don't use their full names and only their last names are in caps
-Seiya Sanada>SANADA
-Nobuo Yoshihashi>YOSHI-HASHI
-Yujiro Kushida>KUSHIDA
-Tetsuya Bushi>BUSHI

The Japanese language doesn't have capital letters so as such a surname would be stylized in all capitals when it is been romanized to make a clear distinction between forename and surname you will often find this practice on business cards so there is no doubt and you don't end up calling a person for example Mr Seiya, you would know to call him Sanada-san.

-Kenny Omega did an interview/AMA just recently discussing all sorts of things including the G1 Special this weekend. I have not listened to the entire thing just yet but here it is if anyone is interested:

-Speaking of the G1 US Special, expect to see a number of signs like this:
[Image: cCi4ZV7.png]

-COMING SOON: NJPW multipurpose polishing sponges!
[Image: 001_-1.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
I'm gonna need one of those sponges for...reasons.

And I actually always have wondered about the capitalized names. That's interesting to know.
It's also weeaboo garbage and not true. They capitalize it because it looks cool. Romaji(Japanese spelled out in latin script) follows English phonography.

Does anyone else watch Being The Elite (Young Bucks/Omega youtube show?)

Anyway, they've had a long running joke that Omega accidentally DM'd something scandalous to the Young Bucks and, if they got to 100,000 subscribers, they would release the DMs. Well, they did. This episode is hilarious.

Also, Kenny Omega then tweeted an apology that looks awfully familiar:

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
Any NJPW fans a size Large? I ended up with a special Bullet Club shirt from the G1 Special that I have no use for:
[Image: 0629bc2.png]
Just for clarity, it is a Japanese XL which is the same measurements as an American L. It is an actual NJPW shirt and not a ProWrestlingTees shirt. PM me if you want it.

I am just now going through my G1 Special photos. I made an effort to take less pictures. Not much turned out. NJPW's lighting rig throws the auto white balance of my camera off and turns almost everything red. It has still been fun looking back through everything. Hopefully their next US show is even bigger!
PM'd fam!

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Rob wins!
Damnit!!!
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
tehgiftofalwaysbeinglate

Rite?

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 2 users Like Rob's post
Tehgiftofhavingalifeduh
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
This October, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling team up again to bring the best wrestlers from around the globe to compete in the United States. If the past is any indication, you can bet that these will be some of the greatest bouts in wrestling history and you will not want to miss the chance to be there live!

Three events in three days – October 12th in Buffalo, NY, October 13th in Pittsburgh, PA, and October 14th in Columbus, OH – the tour brings the combined stars of ROH and NJPW to these cities for the first time. At this time, Ring of Honor is proud to announce that competing from NJPW, fans can expect to see the current ROH Television champion - KUSHIDA; The Killer Elite Squad; Hiromu Takahashi; and FIRST TIME IN THE USA – Yoshi Hashi. Also expected to appear, ROH World Champion Cody, ROH Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, ROH Six Man Champions Dalton Castle and the Boys, Bully Ray, The Briscoes, Jay Lethal, and many more.

Tickets for these three events go on sale for Ringside Members next Wednesday, July 19th at 10:00 AM ET and for the General Public on Friday, July 21st at 10:00 AM ET.

Sign up for Ringside Membership today and do not miss your opportunity to get the best seats for these shows! Other great Ringside benefits include access to the TV Archive, ROH VOD Library, and 15% off all ROH merchandise ALL THE TIME!

Global Wars Tour 2017

Thursday, Oct. 12th – Buffalo, NY @ Buffalo Riverworks - 7:00 PM Bell Time
Friday , Oct. 13th - Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE - 7:00 PM Bell Time
Saturday, Oct. 14th – Columbus, OH @ Express Live! - 4:30 PM Bell Time

Ticket On Sale Dates:

Ringside Members- July 19th @ 10:00 AM ET
General Public- July 21st @ 10:00 AM ET
Also:
Quote:Cyrus had the following to say about what happened when Austin entered the dressing room – “To watch Steve kinda walk into the dressing room — none of the boys knew he was showing up. It’s like — taps Tanahashi on the shoulder who’s a God in Japan and Tanahashi turns around and sees Steve Austin standing there it’s like — the kid comes out in all of us.
It’s like Tanahashi was just like — his eyes were like ‘oh, Steve Austin.’ Cause, of course, he’s a fan of the Attitude Era stuff and so Steve was like super over of course and the boys popped and it was just so cool and I think people didn’t know he was showing up.”
“And to say that I was a babyface to the New Japan office and for receiving credit to rightly or wrongly for Steve showing up — the office could not stop thanking me for bringing Stone Cold to the building. So that was a good side benefit. It got myself over.”

(06-20-2017, 11:59 AM)Chris Wrote: I see that Cody isn't in there...that lineup is really predictable which is a shame as there had been talk of adding in some guts from AJPW or CMLL. 

I thought it was interesting that Cody announced a few months ago that he was going to be in the G1, and then turned out not to be. Is it possible the NJPW brass didn't like him giving it away and changed their minds?
I was really hoping that Ultimo Guerrero would be in it...always next year. I definitely think having some outsiders gives it a bit extra.
I think he was probably scheduled to be in the G1 but, for whatever reason, they reshuffled things. I could have seen him winning the US title but not the ROH title. Then again, Cody is still a bit naive to the way things work outside of the WWE and perhaps he spoke out of turn before anything was finalized.