Official NJPW/ROH/CMLL Thread
Obviously, someone could score an upset and screw this all up. But chances are there's gonna be some absolutely bonkers matchups in the later rounds.

You gotta figure Okada, Tanahashi, Ibushi, Ospreay, SANADA, Ishii, ZSJ, Naito, etc. will all probably end up in the later rounds and when those guys all start wrestling each other, buckle the fuck in. Plus we get Naito vs. Ibushi in the first round.

Looks like March is gonna be a good month for me to be unemployed.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
Liger said he is retiring at the Tokyo Dome next year.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
Saw that. Absolute legend. He says he wants to wrestle all over the world the rest of this year. I hope I somehow have a chance to see him live before he calls it quits.

He isn’t signed to NJPW, so he could appear anywhere.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Finally had some time to catch up on NJPW stuff. The Jay White/Will Ospreay match was phenomenal. I still ain't sold on Jay White as a character, and definitely not as IWGP champion, but that sumbitch can 'rassle.

Watching last night's New Japan Cup show. Only 2 matches in so far, nothing special yet (although I have high hopes for Ishii/Nagata). But Miho Abe is soooooo fuckin' fine. Becoming a fan of Japanese wrestling in the last few years has slowly given me a hardcore Asian fetish. Between Miho, Tokyo Latina, Io Shirai, etc. Whew lad.

So Ishii vs. Nagata was incredible. Although not a fan of Ishii legit headbutting Nagata, multiple times. None of them were as hard as when Shibata did it, but there were solid thuds and it's just so fucking stupid to risk that. But yeah, the whole match was hard hitting as fuck. I don't know how Ishii does this shit all the time.

Also, Juice/Owens was surprisingly really good too. Since I'm currently unemployed, I'm going to try to watch the full tournament during the next week or two.

Worth watching

night 1
- Juice/Owens
- Ishii/Nagata

Also, lol at this exchange before the main event:

Callis: I just saw a 'Kevin Kelly go back to Stamford' sign a little earlier.
Kelly: What the hell? Who made that?
Callis: They're hiring everyone else from the 90s, why not you too?

El Phantasmo is coming to New Japan.

During today's New Japan Cup, a video promo aired announcing the upcoming debut of El Phantasmo. The promo ended with the Bullet Club logo, indicating he will be part of the Bullet Club stable. No official date was given for the debut of El Phantasmo, who will likely compete in the junior heavyweight division.

Phantasmo is a 32-year-old Independent wrestler out of Canada who has worked for companies such as RevPro, PROGRESS, DEFIANT, and OTT. He competed under the NJPW banner on October 14, 2018 at RevPro-NJPW Global Wars, defeating Rocky Romero.

He is a three-time and current ECCW Champion. He is currently scheduled to compete on Mar. 23 for DEFIANT in a fatal four-way match against Chris Brookes, Mark Haskins, and Robbie X. The winner will go on to face PAC on Apr. 17.
Nothing that special from night 2. Okada/Elgin was about as good as you'd expect but forgettable.

Night 3 had a swell EVIL/ZSJ match and Naito vs. Ibushi which is every bit as great as you're imagining. Still think Ishii/Nagata may be my favorite match of the tournament so far though.

Haven't watched any of day 4 and don't really plan to because there's nothing on the card that looks that great.

But from what I gather from the results, it appears we're going to get Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana in the next round, which should be peak comedy match.

Nice. I’ve been completely behind on this other than catching some highlight videos.
So far, Naito/Ibushi and Ishii/Nagata are the only real must-see matches. But they're damn sure worth going out of your way to see.

Last night's show was nothing too special. But Ishii vs. Taichi was surprisingly pretty good considering how much Taichi usually sucks. But they kinda had a story of him abandoning his usual cheating ways and attempting to man up and go strong style against Ishii. And he actually got the crowd chanting for him by the end a little bit.

Decent but nothing worth going out of your way to see.

Ospreay/Lance Archer was way better than I expected. Did not know Archer had that kind of match in him. Turned me into a fan. Not *must-see* or anything but a damn good match if you're bored and wanna watch some rasslin'.

Which means we have Ospreay vs. Okada in the next round. That has MOTY potential.

I’m not feeling this tournament tbh, I think expanding it to 32 wrestlers was a mistake

Yeah once all the dead wood gets cleared out of the way, the last rounds should be great. But agreed, there were too many nobodies in the opening rounds.

Add Ibushi vs. ZSJ to the watch list. *laughs in Gedo*

Step aside Omega and Okada.

Colt Cabana vs. Toru Yano = MOTY 11 stars

Okay, down to the final 8 and NOW we have a tournament.

Ishii vs. YOSHI-HASHI

Tanahashi vs. ZSJ

Pretty much has to be either Okada or Tanahashi winning this. Can't see any of the others main eventing MSG. I'm just curious whether it'll be ZSJ or Ospreay to lose in the finals.

My gut says Tanahashi wins it and loses to Jay White again at MSG.

It’s most likely going to be Okada v White. White basically has just taken the Omega spot and he was originally supposed to drop the title to Okada at MSG.

I’m all for it.
Yeah I'd be good with that. Shame it's not Omega anymore though, it would have been incredible to see that match at MSG.

Fuckin Yoshi-Hashi
[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
(03-17-2019, 03:19 PM)DangPlex Wrote: Fuckin Yoshi-Hashi

(03-17-2019, 04:25 PM)Chris Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 03:19 PM)DangPlex Wrote: Fuckin Yoshi-Hashi

[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
(03-17-2019, 04:28 PM)tehgiftofgab Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 03:19 PM)DangPlex Wrote: Fuckin Yoshi-Tatsu

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
(03-17-2019, 06:35 PM)Ceallach Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 04:28 PM)tehgiftofgab Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 03:19 PM)DangPlex Wrote: Fuckin Yoshi the Dinosaur

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
The last few days of the tournament were exactly as awesome as you'd expect.

I’ll have to go back and watch. Thought I was going to follow this tournament closely but shit happens.

The MSG card is pretty amazing. I really can’t tell which will be better overall: this or NXT. I have to put my money on ROH/NJPW just because of the variety as well as the venue.

30 man Honor Rumble (Royal Rumble)

NEVER Openweight/ROH TV Championships: Will Ospreay vs Jeff Cobb

Dalton Castle vs Rush

WOH World Championship: Mayu Iwatani vs Kelly Klein

Bully Ray Street Fight Open Challenge

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Taiji Ishimori vs Dragon Lee vs Bandido

IWGP Heavyweight/ROH World Tag Team Championships: GoD vs Villain Enterprises vs Briscoes vs EVIL/SANADA

British Heavyweight Championship: Zack Sabre Jr vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi

ROH World Championship Ladder Match: Jay Lethal vs Matt Taven vs Marty Scurll

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Jay White vs Kazuchika Okada
The IWGP Jr. title match and Naito/Ibusbi are going to be fucking insane

Cain Velasquez just signed a contract with AAA and he will be at Triplemania 27.

Also TV Azteca will air Triplemania live in Mexico.

El Texano Jr, Psycho Clown and Pentagon Jr came out to challenge Cain.