https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00164_1_13
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
O hey look it’s ruby riott
[Image: 4mWpL7U.png]
[+] 1 user Likes tehgiftofgab's post
https://www.facebook.com/pg/marcaclaro/v...e_internal

CMLL for anyone who gives half a shit. It's on live now.
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

Wrong thread. Me so sorry.
https://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events...ur-chicago

Going to the show tonight. Super not excited. Got tickets super early because of the sell out last time before they announced any participants/matches. They've only been slowly announcing matches the last 10 days or so. 3 women's matches is OVERKILL. Curious to see Kelly Klein. Curious to see if Aries wins the TV title. That's about it. All that talent in the main event and we get a clusterfuck of a 10 man match. Plus a throwaway Liger match. Mad

Also... looks like there's probably 1/4 of the tickets still available. Probably more. In a 5000 seat place (probably over estimating) with much of the talent that'll be on the All In show. Probably not a good thing.
Interesting note on NJPW. They just hired their first ever foreign president. The new president is Harold Meij.
[Image: Chaos.png]

I think Chris Jericho went to NJPW just so he could curse.

That promo was a bit weak. I'm still not deep into NJPW at the moment. I'll be missing Dominion (live) and pretty much all of the G1. On a side note, I came across some fun new merch:

[Image: yTkVS0dl.jpg]
I've been loosely following the BOSJ tournament. Mostly just going back and watching the matches people say are worth seeing rather than the entire shows.

I'm trying really hard to get into CMLL right now. It's a lot like when I first got into NJPW. There's a steep learning curve to figuring out how and why things are so different and trying to learn who everybody is, which is even more difficult because, unlike NJPW, they don't have an English commentary team for CMLL. But it's starting to come together for me, little by little. Listening to Observer podcasts, following @luchablog on Twitter, etc. has helped.

Looks like Rush vs. La Parka is going to be the main event of the big CMLL 85th Anniversary show later this year. Apparently those 2 guys have had a years-long feud and it'll finally come to an end in that match.

It's gonna be Mask vs. Hair, which is interesting because La Parka's mask is one of the most iconic in all of wrestling. He's in his 50s and his career is nearing its end, so this may be the time to lose it. On the other hand, Rush's hair is basically his trademark and he's never lost a hair match. Meltzer was saying this is pretty much gonna be one of the biggest matches in CMLL history and the final blow-off to a feud between these 2 that has been going on forever.

After hearing about that match, I considered going to see it but I think it's coming up too soon (September?). I'll try my best to watch a stream of it live though. I absolutely do not want LA Park to lose his mask.

Quick side story involving one of my favorite moments in life: when I worked at HP I was head of a department that tested all of the prototype printers for at home and small business use. But there were two shifts (day shift and night shift). When I took on that job I had to share a desk with someone I had never really met before. Wanting to assert my dominance, I decorated my area with some of my personal stuff. One of those items was a miniature wrestling mask.

The day after I decorated, I came in and was almost immediately questioned by my day shift counterpart. As wrestling fans, we have all had to "defend" wrestling or laugh it off as something stupid that we are into. I was fully prepared to try and laugh it off but to my surprise, this guy was a massive Lucha fan and had even trained to wrestle/wrestled on some smaller shows. He asked me who my all-time favorite luchadore was and I said La Parka. He said "ok" and went out to his car and came back with a La Parka mask which he gave to me. It was such a nice and unexpected gesture that it still tugs on my heartstrings a bit. We became friends right away and had a great working relationship.
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Ha, that's awesome!

My experience is usually different. Any time I accidentally befriend a wrestling fan out in the real world, it's always the bad kind.

There's the super dumb mark kind ("Dude, did you know Kane and Undertaker are really brothers?") which are annoying but harmless. They want to talk wrestling, but literally every word out of their mouth is wrong or uninformed. Which is fine, I don't expect everyone to be an encyclopedia of wrestling like I am. But when it's "Dude, I read on prowrestlingdirtsheet.cjb.net that CM Punk is coming back to Raw on Monday! Thing he'll challenge the Big Dog?!" type of conversations, no thanks.

But then there's the super smarks. Those are the worst. I had a coworker awhile back that drove me fucking NUTS. Somehow he found out that I was a wrestling fan. And he's super into the shit. But he's also, like, fuckin' autistic or half retarded or something. So literally every. god. damn. day. I would pass this guy in the halls at work and he would just shout wrestling catchphrases at me. "ADAM COLE BAY-BAY!" was his favorite. It's embarrassing and annoying at work to have someone practically following you around doing that shit. But it got even worse because it was basically his only means of communication. I would post some totally unrelated shit on Facebook and he would always comment with "ADAM COLE BAY-BAY!" or something. Like, fuck off dude, I'm shit-posting about politics right now.

It got to be real annoying, real quick. Luckily, he eventually got fired or something and deleted his FB account.

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
That sounds like a nightmare. Good thing the situation resolved itself! I'm pretty selective about who I let in on the whole wrestling thing. People passing judgement isn't that big of a deal but the whole song and dance routine of the conversation just gets old. Usually the other person doesn't want to insult what you're into so they get by with name dropping Hogan, Austin, Undertaker, Macho Man, etc. Then you have the tired old "it's fake/they're all on steroids" crowd. I've dealt with both and I just don't really care to do either anymore. They are unlikely to take a genuine interest in my hobby and I would probably be no different if they were into something like 17th century poetry.
(05-22-2018, 01:32 PM)Peezy Wrote: Ha, that's awesome!

My experience is usually different. Any time I accidentally befriend a wrestling fan out in the real world, it's always the bad kind.

There's the super dumb mark kind ("Dude, did you know Kane and Undertaker are really brothers?") which are annoying but harmless. They want to talk wrestling, but literally every word out of their mouth is wrong or uninformed. Which is fine, I don't expect everyone to be an encyclopedia of wrestling like I am. But when it's "Dude, I read on prowrestlingdirtsheet.cjb.net that CM Punk is coming back to Raw on Monday! Thing he'll challenge the Big Dog?!" type of conversations, no thanks.

But then there's the super smarks. Those are the worst. I had a coworker awhile back that drove me fucking NUTS. Somehow he found out that I was a wrestling fan. And he's super into the shit. But he's also, like, fuckin' autistic or half retarded or something. So literally every. god. damn. day. I would pass this guy in the halls at work and he would just shout wrestling catchphrases at me. "ADAM COLE BAY-BAY!" was his favorite. It's embarrassing and annoying at work to have someone practically following you around doing that shit. But it got even worse because it was basically his only means of communication. I would post some totally unrelated shit on Facebook and he would always comment with "ADAM COLE BAY-BAY!" or something. Like, fuck off dude, I'm shit-posting about politics right now.

It got to be real annoying, real quick. Luckily, he eventually got fired or something and deleted his FB account.

Thanks, he works with me now. True story.
[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
You are he.
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
That was my assumption too. I feel like we have described him like that before.

Not quite to that extent.
What bad translation was on that kids shirt?

“Enjoy Hot Reason” uh what?

Here's one of the big matches between Rush and La Parka from a year or two ago. Basically, these 2 guys just have crazy Bruiser Brody/Abdullah The Butcher style brawls, fighting into the crowd, bleeding buckets of blood all over the arena, etc.

Caught the last 2 matches of CMLL tonight. Really fun shit.

Now I'm watching Hiromu vs. Dragon Lee from last night's BOSJ show now. These 2 basically have legendary matches every time they face off. This is the match I was looking forward to the most. It's no commentary and mostly just a still hard cam shot. This was pretty much a house show, with tournament matches.

Also, this Chrome extension is amazing for making NJPWWorld so much more user friendly.
https://www.reddit.com/r/njpw/comments/8...wworldcom/

EDIT: omfg the ending of Hiromu/Dragon Lee

The LA Park vs. Rush match was pretty insane!
Kenny is Cody

Saw that, its pretty cool. Xavier Woods doing voice work for SFV as well.

Fuck that's....a weird time slot.

New Japan has a weird timeslot in their own country. Now this is just more authentic!

On a side note, Don Callis said something on his podcast that rubbed me the wrong way. He talked about how there should no longer be cool heels in wrestling. I'm not saying he is the Ric Flair of heel announcers but he does play up the comedy which hypocritical.
Bushi v Ospreay was great.