Official NJPW/ROH/CMLL Thread
Main event was great. But Scurll/Ospreay was definitely match of the night
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

Scurll v Ospreay was awesome. How is Ospreay not dead?

Also, the spot in the GL vs Cody/Page with the powerbomb into the german was awesome.

I think Kenny wins next Saturday but Cody caused enough damage where the Bucks, Kenny, Scurll leave as The Elite.
Or the BC turns on both Cody and Kenny and make Kota Ibushi their new leader. /Russo
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
English translation for the 2 main promos at the show. Pretty clearly setting up the 2 main matches for Dontaku next month. Naito/Suzuki and Okada/Tanahashi

Suzuki v Naito is happening at Hinokuni, not Dontaku. Hinokuni is basically just a big LIJ v Suzukigun show.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Highlights of PWG. For those going to any indy shows this week, you can put some faces to the names and see what all the hype is about!

Latest Observer has some interesting news about Kitamura

Katsuya Kitamura, 32, the 2017 Wrestling Observer Rookie of the Year and a wrestler considered the Japanese version of Brock Lesnar, may no longer be with the company.

Kitamura has been out of action for five weeks. His last match was on 3/4 in Tsukuba, teaming with Manabu Nakanishi, losing to Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano. He apparently suffered a concussion in that match and hasn’t wrestled since.

There are reports that he’s out of action with a concussion and his career is over. Those within the company have said that the concussion is a cover reason and it was another as yet undisclosed reason why he is not expected back.

RevPro is up apparently as well (from Wrestlecon).
Hilarious it is available njpw when ROHs streaming service was fucked for days

[+] 2 users Like Ceallach's post
Their servers couldn’t handle an NXT Weekly stream.
Here is the upcoming line-up. Personally the only captivating things in NJPW right now are Okada's title defenses, Ospreay's suicide attempts, and the implosion of the Bullet Club. There is a little bit of that mixed in below but a whole lot of "meh" as well. By the end of all this we should have a better idea of what Sakura Genesis will look like which personally I'm excited for this year as it was such a fun show last year. We also have the BoSJ to look forward to next month but no announcements have been made just yet.

4/23 (Road to...):

[Image: 0423_7.jpg]
IWGP JR. TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado © vs. BUSHI & Hiromu TakahashI

4/24 (Road to...):

[Image: 0424_7.jpg]
IWGP US HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Jay White © vs. David Finlay

4/27 (Road to...):

[Image: 0427_6_2.jpg]
NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Hirooki Goto © vs. Juice Robinson

4/29 (WRESTLING HI NO KUNI):

[Image: 0429_6.jpg]
BUSHI vs. El Desperado

[Image: 0429_7.jpg]
Hiromu Takahashi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

[Image: 0429_8.jpg]
IWGP TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: EVIL & SANADA © vs. KES

[Image: 0429_9.jpg]
IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Minoru Suzuki © vs. Tetsuya Naito

PLUS:
Yuji Nagata & Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Tomoyuki Oka & Shota Umino
David Finlay, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Jay White & Roppongi 3K
Togi Makabe & Toa Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Takashi Iizuka, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, Michael Elgin & KUSHIDA vs. Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay

5/3:

[Image: 0503_5.jpg]
NEVER OPENWEIGHT 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: Bad Luck Fale & GOD © vs. Young Bucks & Marty Scurll

[Image: 0503_6.jpg]
Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. Suzuki-gun 10-man tag

[Image: 0503_7.jpg]
Hiroshi Tanahashi & KUSHIDA vs. Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay

[Image: 0503_8.jpg]
Kota Ibushi vs. Cody

[Image: 0503_9.jpg]
Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page

PLUS:
Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
Yuji Nagata, Tomoyuki Oka & Tetsushiro Yagi vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi
Roppongi 3K vs. KES & Takashi Iizuka
Juice Robinson, David Finlay, Togi Makabe, Michael Elgin & Toa Henare vs. Hirooki Goto, Jay White, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI

5/4:

[Image: 0504_6.jpg]
Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. Suzuki-gun 10-man tag

[Image: 0504_7.jpg]
Bullet Club vs. Bullet Club 10-man tag

[Image: 0504_8.jpg]
IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Will Ospreay © vs. KUSHIDA

[Image: 0504_9new.jpg]
IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kazuchika Okada © vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

PLUS:
Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tomoyuki Oka, Shota Umino & Ren Narita
Yuji Nagata & Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
Roppongi 3K vs. Takashi Iizuka, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku
Togi Makabe & Toa Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
Juice Robinson, David Finlay & Michael Elgin vs. Hirooki Goto, Jay White & YOSHI-HASHI
Playing Yakuza 6, it's so bizarre seeing all the NJPW wrestlers as villains, lol. Like seeing Yano playing a gang member named Toru Yano is so weird.

(hit the CC button for English subs)

Note to self: never yell out shit during a Suzuki promo. I won't even risk it from here in TN.

[+] 2 users Like Peezy's post
Yeah... If Suzuki straight said he was going to murder me and then gave chase, I don't know if I would have it in me to run on my jello legs or just lie there crying and hoping he just pity's my pathetic life.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 2 users Like Rob's post
The road to Dontaku shows have all been solid.

So I guess the Jericho/Naito thing is never gonna happen. Jericho told ESPN that NJPW didn't work out how he wanted.

Quote:“Things change. That’s how it goes. Sometimes things seem like a good idea at the time, and then when you look at it a little bit deeper and a little bit further, you realize it’s not gonna go the way you want it to go.”

Or he's working everyone because that's what jericho does.

Yeah I saw an interview the other day where Jericho basically said they couldn't agree on money. Might be true, wouldn't surprise me. He talked about how NJPW initially gave him an insultingly low offer for the Omega match before they negotiated something better. So that could be true.

But yeah, it's also Jericho. So he could show up at literally any moment and attack Naito.

I enjoy not knowing. Work me, Jericho.

Weird match between Naito and Suzuki. Not sure how I feel about the ending. Naito also still doesn't gaf about the IC belt.

I thought the match would be a lot better. Instead it felt like Suzuki kept the upper hand and Naito should have tapped but instead he made a small comeback and defeated Suzuki who didn't put up much of a fight. It just didn't really flow well and I'm not sure what the thinking behind it was. Honestly I would rather see Naito as NEVER Champion right now.
Yeah match was fine but nothing great. I don't know what's going on with Naito anymore. Seems kinda aimless, like they didn't really have a long-term plan for him after losing at WK.

People are saying he is in the Nakamura role now...but that is a weak thing to do even if it's true. He was on fire as was NJPW/LIJ. Now? Eh...Im just not feeling it like I have been. Who does Okada have left for captivating challengers? G1 might just need to crown a newer star or have someone rise to the next level.
Possible big spoiler below...

Word is that the lead singer of Fozzy will be at Dontaku. There is a good chance we could see him vs. Naito in San Francisco.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
FUCK! I didn't wanna have to make another trip out west but if that happens, then I have no choice.

Dontaku has been kind of underwhelming tbh. The Suzkigun v LIJ stuff kind of didn't go anywhere. A lot of the matches seemed rushed and uninspired. The BC stuff is draaaaaagging even though Cody v Kenny is still a good feud. But I'll be damned if I care what Hangman Page and Fale are gonna do.

However Jericho attacking Naito from the crowd was pretty good.

Ospreay/Kushida was a good match. Idgaf about Bone Soldier's return. I still don't care that its Ishimori.

Okada/Tanahashi was really good. Not as good as their matches from years ago but Tanahashi is more banged up. We're getting Okada/Omega 2 out of 3 falls no time limit next.

Meltz said that Gedo is burning out and I think it is starting to show. However the main was still incredible.

Lista Ingobernables de Jericho shirts go on sale next week...
Bru, Peezy & mmm already know but this one for all you anti-American traitors. Even your precious Japan's #1 car company knows American wrestlers are superior, hence Toyota using BMJ's theme.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wPXH/2018-toyota...-john-cena

#pwned
[Image: John-Cena-Wallpaper_002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fro's post
Good thing those Toyotas can stop on a dime, cause teaming up with BMJ is gonna be drawing them all the dimes. #based
[Image: il_570xN.711877764_jggh.jpg]
Don't be a cuck, be a sick fuck instead at http://thesfu.net/forums/
[+] 2 users Like hedgehogg96's post
Ha!

Ospreay/KUSHIDA was really good.

Jericho's attack on Naito was awesome. I laughed at him not being able to get the mask off though. But the attack was brutal, Naito was a bloody mess. Jericho hitting him hard as shit with the entire section of barricade. Fuckin' ouch. It's still surreal to see NJPW guys like EVIL or SANADA throwing punches at Chris fuckin' Jericho. Love it.

Haven't watched the main event yet, but as the internet tends to do, it's already been ruined for me. I'll still watch it later.

Omega vs. Okada, 2 out of 3 falls, no time limit. My god. They're gonna break Meltzer.

So.......does Okada finally lose the title?

Let’s hope. Then Omega can come to E and we see him vs Rollins at Mania next year.
No thanks.