Official NJPW/ROH Thread
Unless it's a swerve of sorts.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
Yeah, I think you might be right. This card along with announcing the Golden Lovers are back together is too coincidental.
[Image: Chaos.png]

Kicking Cody out, adding Ibushi?
Now that would be a swerve. I was thinking they would all attack Ibushi leading to Omega v Ibushi.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

Hulk Hogan asked for three quarter of a million dollars to make an appearance at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom last month, according to a new report. Sports Illustrated reports that New Japan reached out to Hogan about possibly appearing at the show as an honorary Bullet Club member, but balked when Hogan asked for $750,000 to make the appearance.
Also, Anniversary card is out. I'm pretty meh on everything besides the main event. The Jr. tag match looks decent though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/c...ced_march/
Same except I think Suzuki/Makabe will be pretty good too, just because everything Suzuki does is entertaining to me
[Image: 6s9Vk0c.png]
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

It is filler. It won't be bad but I don't imagine we will see something surprising in any way.
Interesting story on the possible shady business and political dealings with ROH's parent company:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoda.../342893002
I keep coming across random stuff. Chris Charlton is a name you will see thrown around a lot on various news websites and on Twitter. He is the one who wrote Lions Pride and is one of the major go-to people for Japanese wrestling information. Anyway, he is writing a new book about wrestling at the Tokyo Dome. More info about crowd funding it will come next month:

https://www.eggshellsbook.com
Yeah I knew about that book. I'm excited to read Lion's Pride soon.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

https://stashpag.es/collections/stashpag...on-t-shirt
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

I would wear that shirt if it wasn't Trump he was choking out. I don't care about Trump in the slightest, but I don't want to wear anything depicting him either.

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

From the last 24 hours in Australia 
[Image: DWO7z8xVoAAKkkf.jpg]
Is that Okada and Omega?
Yup! Teasing round 4?
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Great Twitter thread covering the whole Omega/Ibushi storyline history. Click it to see the rest of the tweets.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Hey guys, one straight bro to another...we all know I have no problem with the gays and I’m down to pretend to be a homo for fun all day.

Why is everyone j’n off about this omega ibushi thing...nerds on squared circle are like OMG I HOPE ITS A GAY STORY SQUEEEE. Like, damn why are you guys so concerned? Let these niggas wrestle why u gotta shoehorn some shit in to it for represention if something you dudes aren’t? Calm down rite
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
It's not shoehorned. It's pretty explicitly a gay romance storyline.

Also, they're fucking incredible wrestlers and this is likely going to lead to them splitting up again and facing each other at Wrestle Kingdom.

The last 2 nights of Honor Rising shows have been okay. I only watched the main events and the Young Bucks match. But lots of storyline progression with Golden Lovers and the Bullet Club split.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

So why does this excite you? Beyond the wrestling, do you care or are you just in it for the dope wrestling? Gay wrestling fans should be rock hard for this, and maybe even the ladies who like some dicc on dicc action (I’ve spotted Mrs Flap watching twink Mexicans, whoa slow it down lady!)

I’ve seen you roll your internet eyes at wwe puffing their chest about women’s revolutions and whatnot, I don’t watch NJPW or ROH for the story, just the wrestling. Maybe I’m missing something! Maybe it’s just limited to cage side seats, but why are straight dudes so excited for two gay dudes that are gonna break up after a Flippy shit fudge marathon?!

Also, is Cody upset because they won’t let him play? Why are they mean to Cody?!? He’s the grandson of a plumber! Let him Lay some pipe!!!
On a side note, I'm probably going to miss Strong Style Evolved as I have a surgery scheduled the day prior.
(02-24-2018, 03:25 PM)Chris Wrote: On a side note, I'm probably going to miss Strong Style Evolved as I have a surgery scheduled the day prior.

What’s wrong?

I’ve decided I’m too bored to keep up the weird gimmick I was going with in this thread. So now I’ll just express concern for you!

Also, who else plays WWF Wrestlefest on Mame?!?
I don't particularly care about the gay aspect of it either way (at least from an entertainment standpoint. From a business standpoint, it's really interesting).

I just like that it's an actual story, with characters who feel real and that it has so many layers and can go in so many directions. Ibushi and Omega with all this history behind them already. At the same time, the split up of the Bullet Club. Last night, Cody kissed Ibushi, which you know is going to lead to tension in the coming months. Cody fighting for control of the Bullet Club. Other BC members stuck in the middle like children in a divorce. Young Bucks taking offense and the possible split of The Elite. The inevitable Golden Lovers breakup, etc. There's enough people and backstory in all of this to plan out the next year or more of storylines and matches.

I've spent years watching "This guy is challenging this guy so he can build momentum and try to have a WrestleMania Moment™ sponsored by Snickers! Raw rolls on after the break!"

It's refreshing to have something to get invested in emotionally, especially something that's this well done and unique. That it happens to be a couple of gay dudes is irrelevant to that.
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

Also, sidebar:

For my wrestlemania vets...as someone who hates being in crowds of ppl how much am I going to hate my life that weekend? Should I steal my wife’s xans(rip lil peep)
[+] 1 user Likes Brulos's post
(02-24-2018, 03:30 PM)Brulos Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 03:25 PM)Chris Wrote: On a side note, I'm probably going to miss Strong Style Evolved as I have a surgery scheduled the day prior.

What’s wrong?

I’ve decided I’m too bored to keep up the weird gimmick I was going with in this thread. So now I’ll just express concern for you!

Also, who else plays WWF Wrestlefest on Mame?!?

I am having a bone spur removed around the top of my foot/front on my ankle. They found this a few years ago but I put off the surgery and wanted another opinion. Its just been getting worse and worse and is making the nerve damage I have down there hard to deal with. They may do more but have to wait for them to better analyze the CT scan.

I used to love playing Wrestlefest! When I eventually get a house in the next year or two, I plan to have one of those fancy mame cabinets with all kinds of shit built in. I love the ones with the changing marquee up top and the LED buttons that automatically configure to whatever game you are playing.

As far as Wrestlemania week and people...I fucking can't stand most people. Wrestling fans are some of the worst. I don't get anxiety around them but I think you should take whatever you can to make your experience at the shows even better.

Stoked for New Orleans....
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.

(02-24-2018, 02:42 PM)Brulos Wrote: Hey guys, one straight bro to another...we all know I have no problem with the gays and I’m down to pretend to be a homo for fun all day.

Why is everyone j’n off about this omega ibushi thing...nerds on squared circle are like OMG I HOPE ITS A GAY STORY SQUEEEE. Like, damn why are you guys so concerned? Let these niggas wrestle why u gotta shoehorn some shit in to it for represention if something you dudes aren’t? Calm down rite

[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Allegedly WWE offered Keith Lee.
And WALTER. Keith really could be a star. Walter...im just not sold on him. He is big and powerful but he isn't extremely graceful and seems to be somewhat happy with traveling around with Germany being his homebase.
If anyone feels like watching some CMLL, it's on every Friday night here.

http://www.marca.com/claro-mx/otros-depo...b45a6.html
THEN. NOW. FOREVER.