Chris: Tokyo Tour Updates Here Plz
I wanna read it here monica. Hit up a panty vending machine for creepin Bru.
[+] 5 users Like DangPlex's post
Thanks! I'm packing right now. Here is my itinerary:

Wednesday/Thursday December 28-29: LA
-Drive to LA, stay @ Crowne Plaza
-Flight from LAX to Vancouver YVR DEPARTS at 6:40AM. Arrives 9:33AM.
-Flight from YVR to Tokyo Narita NRT DEPARTS 1:50PM (13:50).

Friday December 30: NARITA
-Arrives at 16:40 (4:40PM) Local Time.
-Check into Richmond Hotel.
-Walk to nearby Temple

Saturday December 31: NARITA-HIROSHIMA-MIYAJIMA
-Spring Airlines flight IJ 621 NRT to Hiroshima HIJ DEPARTS 7:05
-Arrives 8:45
-Check into Air BNB
-Take ferry to Miyajima for New Year Fire Festival

Sunday January 1: HIROSHIMA-KYOTO:
-Visit Atomic Bomb shit.
-Take train to Kyoto (birthplace of Shinsuke).
-Check into Air BNB
*No idea what is planned after this as my wife booked this leg of the trip*

Monday January 2nd:
???

Tuesday January 3: KYOTO-TOKYO
-Take train from Kyoto to Tokyo
-Check into Hotel & Spa J-MEX (Sex hotel).
-If early in day, go to Meiji Shrine (~30 min by train) or Shinto Shrine (2 minutes by car from Meiji), or Imperial Palace (40 minutes from hotel by train), or Government Building 13 minutes by train, 25 minutes on foot.
-If later in day, go to Ribera Steak House (40 minutes from hotel).

Wednesday January 4: TOKYODOME
-SEGA 7 story arcade is ~20 minute walk.
-Leave for Tokyodome by 1:30. Doors for Wrestle Kingdom open at 3:30PM. Show ends ~9:30PM

Thursday January 5: CITY TOUR-NEW YEARS DASH
-Custom City Tour in Limo
-Shibuya Crossing
-Tokyo Tower
-Odiaba/Leisurland/Joyopolis/DiverCity
~~~Maybe Imperial Palace if there is time, lowest priority~~~
-Tokyo Skytree
~~~Maybe Tennoji Temple if there is time, higher priority~~~
-Korakuen Hall for NJPW New Years Dash
-Tour ends around 5pm, doors for NYD open at 5:30. Show ends around 9PM

Friday, January 6: ONSEN
-Checkout time for J-MEX hotel.
Take train 3 hours south to Izu, Japan.
-Check into Sagasawakan Onsen (hot spring/spa)
-Get naked by myself, with my wife, and maybe a bunch of men. All KBCers welcome.

Saturday January 7: ONSEN-SUMO HOTEL-ROBOT RESTAURANT
-Onsen Check-out
-Travel to Daiichi Hotel Ryogoku (Sumo Hotel).
-Robot Restaurant

Sunday January 8: SUMO TOURNAMENT
-Sumo goes from 8am to 6pm but I won't be there the entire time.
-Visit Nakamise shopping street
-Visit Narita-san Fukagawa Fudo-DO temple

Monday January 9: TOKYO DISNEYLAND
-Check out of Daiichi Hotel Ryogoku
-Travel west for an hour and check into Hilton Tokyo Bay
-Go to Tokyo Disneyland

Tuesday January 10: BEAUTY & THE BEAST HOTEL-DISNEY SEA
-Hilton Checkout
-Check into Disneyland Resort Beauty and the Beast Room
-Go to Disney Sea

January 11th:
-Go back to Narita, fly home.
[Image: 150723-EJ-aerial-madison-square-garden-1519-Edit.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
That's quite the fucking trip. Will follow this thread!

Win the Day!

[Image: vS1CaHG.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Rob's post
My god that sounds amazing. And I need you to plan all my vacations for me
[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

[+] 3 users Like Peezy's post
I have always been interested in sumo wrestling.

Big Show vs Akibono doesn't count.
Also...Wife!?? I am just realizing this. Congrats Mane. I remember you two dating but I guess the WM gift from last Christmas sealed the deal.
Bajaja. Nah, not technically. It is just easier to refer to her as such. We have no plans to get married, but we have been dating and lived together for nearly 8 years and we were friends for 3 years prior to that. She has a ring, I have a ring. We share finances. We don't want kids. We are each other's legal rep if medical shit goes down. Neither of us are religious. Both of our parents were married for roughly 20 years before getting divorced. So why do it?

@peezy - planning this has been fun but really stressful. Looking back at it, I would change a number of things. We are traveling during the busiest time of year (New Years). What sucks about that is almost everything closes from New Years Eve through January 3rd. I'm learning a ton about travel through this experience. If it weren't for the internet, I would consider being a travel agent.

We are on our way to LA right now. I haven't slept much so I'm really looking forward to relaxing tonight.
I passed out halfway through the flight to Japan (collapsed/fainted). Looks like some of the trip will get scrapped depending upon the diagnosis. It feels like I might have a few rib fractures...we shall see.
Two fractured ribs confirmed. Let's see how this party goes from here!
It wouldn't be a proper wrestling trip if you didn't have to work hurt!

Best of luck man, I hope this doesn't fuck up the trip too badly

Just take some Japanese Oxys like a true worker and keep it rollin! lol
[Image: sa1wgxW.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like myxmastrmike's post
Take a few z paks
[Image: 1bfbfe_475c6013db4449d4874b98d9d4b3baf4.gif]
WHEN I DIE, BURY ME INSIDE DA BOOTY CLUB
[+] 2 users Like Brulos's post
Suck it up and work that Japanese Strong Style!!

Win the Day!

Damn dude. How'd that happen?
[Image: tumblr_n9288f2JF11qg8i80o7_1280.png]
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Nerd
(12-30-2016, 05:11 PM)Fattastic Wrote: Damn dude. How'd that happen?

Showing off how he could do a jumping moonsault while on the plane.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Hitchcock's post
Just a copy paste from my FB:

I was on the plane and suddenly felt sick to my stomach and very warm. I got up, walked to the bathroom, and waited for someone to finish using it. During that short period of time I became insanely warm and lightheaded. I woke up with people surrounding me and it took me a minute to realize what was going on. I hit my head on the way down too but mostly my lower back and right side hurts. We were literally half way through the flight from Vancouver to Japan. So I had to basically go back to my seat for another 5 hours. I tried to tough it out once we got off the plane but I sneezed which was so painful it pretty much brought me to my knees. It also felt like I may have internal bleeding. Right now walking, breathing, hauling stuff around, standing, bending...it all hurts.

Maybe exhaustion, poor diet, and blood pooling in my legs from sitting too long caused it? I really don't know for certain.

Anyway, having a lot of fun still. Awesome sights, everything is a bit of an adventure or challenge or surprise. Even with all the pain, it has been totally worth it. I'm headed to a temple soon followed by an art class.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
I was in Kyoto last night at this underground (literally beneath the streets) restaurant. When we went to leave the waiter got all up in my shit and was pointing at me and getting all excited. I was about to karate chop him into a pile of rice when I finally understood he was marking out over my Shinsuke Nakamura shirt. After that we celebrated but I kept my eye on him because he is sneaky Jap.

In a few minutes I will be headed out to Ribera. It's a ways from my hotel but tonight is the best opportunity I will have while I'm here. Hopefully it is open.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
Chris, you must feel like a sasquatch if the sterotypes are true...
[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
Ribera was ok. I'm glad I did it instead of wondering what it was like for the rest of my life. We had to wait outside for 10 minutes or so. A masked kid was our host/waiter. He handed us American (English) menues. There weren't many choices. It was basically 1/4 lb, 1/2 lb, and 1 lb (called The Yokozuna). Then they had corn and rice.

Inside it was tiny. They had pictures of wrestlers covering nearly every inch of the walls and ceilings. We sat at the bar area. It was packed when we got in there but quickly died off. It lacked a bit in atmosphere but still had that dive bar/restaurant charm.

The smell was pretty amazing. It hit you a few blocks away. Inside it was even better. The steak is served on skillets that remain sizzling for several minutes after they are delivered to you. Presentation was low frills: a square of butter atop your steak and a dollop of corn on the side. The mystery cut of steak was certainly tender and undoubtedly tasty. That said, steak is a hard thing to get wrong. I've made better in my own home and consumed better at a number of restaurants. I'd still rank it above Outback because fuck Outback.

It took me an hour to get there including walking in freezing temperatures on a windy night. It took even longer getting back due some confusion regarding their massive subway system. My lasting impressions will be that wonderful feeling of seeing the red, green, and white sign for the first time, being greeted at the door by a masked man, finally getting out of the cold and smelling that wonderful aroma of steak cooking over flames, and just gazing around at all of the pictures.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Should have claimed to be a wrestler and got one of those sweet jackets

[+] 1 user Likes Peezy's post
I put in a request in the other forum for a dl of the event. I found one but just gonna take forever to download.
I was in my jacuzzi, flipping through the channels and Wrestlecon Kingdom was on. It blew my mind. Then I fell asleep.
Why are so many people in the crowd always wearing those SARS masks?

[Image: E0sm0il.jpg]

Watching New Year's Dash

The mask thing is everywhere here. It started decades ago and the trend exploded. I have yet to be in a single place where at least two people didn't have them on.

And thanks for spotting me! It looks much darker in there than it was. We were seated with all English speaking people which was kind of nice. After NYD, the wife and I walked to the train. On the way there, she saw a flash in the sky and watched it move behind a building. Next day front page: UFO over Tokyo Dome.
(01-04-2017, 05:14 PM)Peezy Wrote: Why are so many people in the crowd always wearing those SARS masks?

I read or heard somewhere that it started when sick people wore them out of respect for not sick people. Then it became pop culture somehow.
[Image: tumblr_n9288f2JF11qg8i80o7_1280.png]
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Nerd
i think its also used like an air filter against pollution
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
(01-06-2017, 11:21 PM)Fattastic Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 05:14 PM)Peezy Wrote: Why are so many people in the crowd always wearing those SARS masks?

I read or heard somewhere that it started when sick people wore them out of respect for not sick people. Then it became pop culture somehow.

That's what I heard but just couldn't remember. I think they also would go to work sick and it was a way to avoid others getting sick. Nowadays it is used to hide shyness as well. At most times this is an extremely polite, clean, safe, and welcoming country for Americans.

Sumo wrestling in 12 hours. It starts at 8am and goes until 5 or 6 but I'm skipping the preliminary BS. My current hotel is 5 minutes (walking) from Sumo Hall. It has a spectacular view of the city and it is the cheapest hotel (out of 8) that I am staying at on this trip.
I want Chris to experience the Western Panhandle of North Florida and review the shit out of it. Tallahassee-Destin.

North Florida and South Florida are totally different. We have; Wakulla Springs, Marianna Caverns, the Forgotten Coast (St. George Island), historic Redneck Riviera Panama City, shitty gym wrestling in Chipley Florida. I think Buff Bagwell is their champ. Our state Capital looks like a dick.

Also the largest continous brick structure in the US and 2nd largest in the world is in Tallahassee. Visit it in the fall for the best view.
[+] 1 user Likes DangPlex's post
Fuck the Florida panhandle. It's basically just Southern Alabama. We were staying in Freeport, which is just outside Destin, and it sucked hard. Destin itself is a pretty cool place with a bunch to do, but outside of that you're running in to a lot of Southern hicks.

Win the Day!