2016-2017 NBA Thread
Chuck is a professional basketball analyst, who made comments about Lebron in a basketball context. Then lebron went on a personal attack tirade. classy move by the chosen one
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes bj0rn's post
How is questioning someone's desire as a competitor not getting personal exactly?
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
cuz the context was that of saying lebron constantly whines about not having enough support around him?
Quote:“He’s the best player in the world. Does he want all of the good players? He don’t wanna compete? He is an amazing player. They’re the defending champs.

That's what set Lebron off. He questioned him as a competitor.

I love me some Chuck as well but you can only push buttons so many times and make statements questioning someone's desire to compete before said player has enough and pushes back. I think it's all stupid either way and the Cavs don't need more distractions than what they already have to deal with but Chuck picked arguably the worst time to make a statement like that and the rest was history. I don't think it's a big deal but saying Lebron's in the wrong for standing up for himself I think far fetched even if he got a little more personal than what he really should have.
questioning his competitiveness on the basketball court is not a personal attack. lebron never even rebutted anything Chuck said (cuz its all true), instead choosing to go on a personal attack tirade. if lebron had responded questioning chuck's competitiveness saying something like he came into every season overweight i wouldnt consider it a personal attack
kinda funny tho how the way lebron listing off all chuck's past history is like lebron had been seething over this for a few days and going over in his head exactly what he was going to stay
[+] 2 users Like bj0rn's post
Lebron's head is just fucked right now so its hard to tell if it was premeditated or not. His interviews have just been so out of character that it's kinda scary actually. Even after his jump to Miami and he was receiving the heaviest and hardest backlash from the media, he wasn't taking things personal and dishing back insults.

I get his frustration with the way the Cavs have played lately but he needs to chill. Its only January, they arent in danger of losing the 1 seed and the team has been plagued with injuries. Griff will get him help in time but hes not just gonna nuke the core for the sake of doing it.
lebron definitely seems like hes been cracking lately.
heads up for anyone watching: curry has 6 3pt in 1q vs hornets. he routinely crushes hornets. his dad is on commentary on the hornets feed
BRUH

[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

Last night when Raw was getting boring, I tuned into that game. Fucking crazy watching that live. Probably one of the best regular season games I've ever seen.

Definitely was a breath of fresh air given how tiring this Kevin Love for Carmelo Anthony trade rumor bullshit is getting.
On a side note, the Knicks are becoming must-see TV.

Oakley bringing the ratings
Oak is banned. Michael rappaport is not happy
Kind of a blessing. He'll never have to witness the Knicks shit the bed in person.
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Mudkips's post
chuck got the worst ric flair wooo ive ever heard
Wtf lol

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/hey-ev...37229.html
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Was this Anthony Davis weekend or something? First the All stars let him drop 51 and then the Kings throw their future away and gift wrap him Boogie
Boogie is that single worst teammate in the entire league. Unless he matures it won't matter what team has him
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
The game last night was awful. I mean, I know it's basically a glorified exhibition game but holy shit, at least try a little to make it interesting.

And yeah, Cousins is a cancer to any team that takes him. Fuck him and his entitled temper tantrums.

NBA All Star games have always been like that though. Play no D and the best players showcase their skills. Not sure what else you were expecting.
They've always been like that somewhat, but the last year or two has been way worse. I mean, sure it's entertaining to watch them do a bunch of ridiculous dunks or to see Steph Curry lay on the floor to avoid getting dunked on. But eh.

They should really make the game count for something.

Every All-star game is pretty much meaningless other than baseball and now they're diminishing the value of that by taking away home field advantage of the WS.

Back to the Boogie trade: I get that he has temper issues and has not been a good teammate but the situation he's going to is also different. Never in his career has he had an all-star; much less a guy who after Lebron may arguably end up being the best in the world behind Russell Westbrook to be paired up with. The Kings are a terrible organization. Perhaps the worst in sports behind the Cleveland Browns and the fact that they are getting a rookie, a mediocre PG, a scrub and some draft picks for a guy that is top 2 in his position and suppose to be the nucleus of the team that they planned on building their future around just shows what a joke they are. Good teams don't give up on a player of his talent no matter their personal issues unless it's something legally related or they get equal talent in return. In no way did that happen here and that's why I believe yesterday felt like a really good Anthony Davis birthday party.
They are getting that because there were maybe 3-4 teams that wanted him, what team will
Mortgage the future for a cancer of a teammate who's only goal seems to be getting coaches fired?
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
So does anyone here besides Kyrie Irving think the earth is also flat?
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Anyone see Vlade press conference today where he talks about basically getting fucked over on the trade? He even admits they had a better offer the other day and turned it down.

(02-20-2017, 02:44 PM)Opitiplex Wrote: They are getting that because there were maybe 3-4 teams that wanted him, what team will
Mortgage the future for a cancer of a teammate who's only goal seems to be getting coaches fired?

Houston Rockets, LA Lakers and Hawks all did that with Dwight who is far more of a cancer than Boogie. Boogie's issues are his inability to control his temper both on/off the court which is a maturity thing and I can see him overcoming that with Davis as a teammate. Dwight cost every coach on every team he's ever been on their job even with guys like Kobe, Gasol, Harden and that loaded Magic team in 08-2010 surrounding him.

Any team with a contending chance would love to have a guy with Boogie's skillset; hot tempered or not. Kings basically threw in the towel and admitted that winning is not important any time soon and so they decided let Boogie stay in NOLA instead of flying home on company pay.
http://kotaku.com/demarcus-cousins-trade...1792570009

LOL

Barkley is so great
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post

The curse of bashing Shaq's free throws lives
[+] 3 users Like Mudkips's post