2016-2017 NBA Thread
Hopefully that is what ends up happening, it would actually be cool if they moved to Seattle the same time their future NHL team gets their inaugural season started.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

(06-20-2018, 04:05 PM)Obsidian Wrote: Kawhi's a great player but the character issues and how he burned the Spurs irks me. I hope he does well but part of that bothers me. Kemba I think would be better in the sense that he does most of what Kyrie did and that's what I think they need more than another superstar just for the sake of pairing with Lebron to make him happy. Get a guy who can create his own shot, work in iso, can be ready for a Lebron assist when his number is called and can fill in when LB takes a rest. Kawhi is a ball dominant 2-way player and top 3 at full health but he wants to go to LA to be the star; not the co-star. Kemba's an All-star whose role would be a perfect fit with what the Cavs need.

you wrote a whole paragraph about bball where i literally agree with everything you wrote. what the heck is going on here!?!??
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes bj0rn's post
unless balmer pays for the arena out of pocket, wont seattle have the same problem they have had for the last decade? funding a new arena
I thought they were already in line for a new Hockey arena but I could be wrong. Opiti knows more about those details than I do and he mentioned it in the hockey thread.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
oh, could be. im not hip on the details either. i figure the nhl team would play in key arena since they have a wnba team that plays there still
Apparently, the Spurs slammed the door on Kawhi getting traded for LA. Looks to me like he's either not going to get moved until the deadline or they are gonna force Kawhi to ride out his last year there.

Lebron may want to think twice about leaving this season. If the Nets buyout Dwight like they are suggesting, Cleveland would be his #1 destination if Lebron sticks around. Next year's FA class looks much better between Durant, Kawhi, Klay Thompson;etc. Jury is still out on PG13/Boogie/Bradley Beal and guys like that too.
Watching this draft, one thing has become apparent to me: Adam Silver looks like a baby version of Benjamin Button
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
(06-21-2018, 01:33 PM)bj0rn Wrote: unless balmer pays for the arena out of pocket, wont seattle have the same problem they have had for the last decade? funding a new arena

He would just team up with Chris Hansen (sadly not of To Catch of Predator fame) who said he would pay for it and transportation infrastructure improvements himself to please the Port of Seattle. He was the guy who tried to buy the Kings with Ballmer and owns some of the land in the Sodo District (Seahawks/Mariners stadium area).

https://www.sonicsarena.com
[+] 1 user Likes SacredCow's post
well i hope Ayton is the one bros!!!
cuban taking hawks to the cleaners cuz of course
Im happy with Sexton.
i like sexton. hawks started with the #3 overall pick and wound up with the third best guard taken so far
Not only that but they're almost forced to move Schroeder. I'd have taken him.
LeBron opts out of contract. RIP Will
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post
Actually its a good thing cuz his chances of returning are better. If not, oh well. Got 4 really good seasons out of him.

[Image: h53Qxlh.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Mudkips's post
His summer home is in LA too
Big if true
Lock it up

https://twitter.com/Marvonh/status/1013187546530996224
paul george lef hundreds and hundreds of millions on the table in multiple spots to end up with 4 years 137m in okc? wtf
So far a new "super team" is not looking likely this year. 2019 looks to have better odds of that with the KD one and one deal. Wouldn't shock me if Lebron does the same at this point.
(07-01-2018, 10:54 AM)Obsidian Wrote: So far a new "super team" is not looking likely this year. 2019 looks to have better odds of that with the KD one and one deal. Wouldn't shock me if Lebron does the same at this point.

suns will able to sign 2 max players next off season. just saying fam, just saying......
They've got a decent looking team as is with that Ariza signing. Super young. I can see them being Utah in a year or 2.
ariza is just a 1 year. suns are actually doing smart things so far. consider me shocked
(07-01-2018, 02:39 AM)bj0rn Wrote: paul george lef hundreds and hundreds of millions on the table in multiple spots to end up with 4 years 137m in okc? wtf

pg not as dumb as we thought

LA's only selling point is if they can land Lebron since the Kawhi talks look to be falling apart again. Question is how much of the future do they look to salvage? Magic's finding out quickly how hard being a GM is.
official woj bomb

[+] 1 user Likes bj0rn's post
Best of luck to him

Part of me feels like the NBA really wants to rejuvinate the Celtics/Lakers rivalry