2016-2017 NBA Thread
He sure did once Isaiah and Lambier's bodies broke down, Chuck Daly left and they were left with Dumars and Rodman who left a couple years later. Similar to his first championship vs the Lakers after Kareem retired, Magic got HIV and Pat Riley went to coach NY.

I love MJ as much as the next but lets not pretend the deck didn't get stacked in his favor either when the Celtics, Pistons and Lakers were all fading out of obscurity.
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
You cant hold it against Jordan that those other teams got too old and faded away. I guess if Bill Russell hadn't gotten old we'd have never heard of the Lakers or Pistons as being dynasty type teams. Players get old and decline, it's a fact of life. Jordan is still the one who knocked off the Pistons when they were considered the best in the world.

He also kept guys like Ewing, Malone, Barkley, and many others from winning titles in their primes. If he doesn't retire after his third ring, Olajuwon and Drexler both likely retire without rings. He also ran Shaq at his most athletic out of the Eastern conference.

The Celtics, lakers, and Pistons may have declinined by the mid 90s but there were still some great teams in there that got shut out by Jordan. You act like it was a cakewalk for Jordan once those three teams declined and there were no good teams left.
I'm not suggesting that at all and by no means am I underminding the greatness of MJ. My point being is that the same case made for him as the GOAT can be made for many others. Every generation has had a superstar that many have compared to the last or ones of the past from Wilt to Kareem to Magic to Bird to Jerry West to Bill Russell and then later on to MJ, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron;etc.

However there can also be cases against them too in support of another. Example: Wilt is argued as the greatest scorer of all-time yet the flipside is there was nobody at his size during that era who could contest his shots, defend him one on one and the game was played different (average height during that time in the NBA I believe was between 6'4-6'5). So then you question how Wilt would have done in an era where there were dominant Centers like Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Wilkins and guys like Mutombo, Moses Malone, Rodman;etc who could just beat you up down low.

I just think it's a rotating argument that gets a bit redundant and tiring quite honestly. I don't believe there is such thing as the GOAT in basketball. As the game has evolved, so have players. Doesn't deter their legacies at all and what they did for the sport but it just varies on whose point of view you are looking at it from.

My favorite of all-time for instance is neither MJ or Lebron. It's actually Pistol Pete Maravich.
Kawhi apparently wants out of San Antonio to go to the Lakers. Plus with Lebron likely going there...

Also LOL:

[Image: jx9SHdi.png]

If the Lakers can land LeBron, Kawhi, and Paul George the NBA will start to feel more like the NBA again. It's been a strange 5 years.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Yeah, that's what the NBA needs more of is another so called super team.
[+] 1 user Likes SacredCow's post
Better to have 2 of them than just one, someone needs to dethrone those vaginas in the bay area.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Chaos's post
They won't be together in 2 years any way. The NBA has pretty much always been about "super teams" historically. That's why I respect the Spurs the way I do.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23814...ille-oneal

Shaq feels how I do but unfortunately he's probably gone. It will be interesting to see how it happens. If he thought the pressure in Cleveland was a lot, LA would be championship or bust every year that he is there. Losing a championship/getting swept in the Finals was a minor criticism compared to what he would get if he goes to a market like LA and comes up short.
The pressure won’t be a stitch more. He’s Lebron. The pressure is always on him
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
There is Cleveland pressure (virtually little to none) and then there is LA pressure (champ or bust). That goes for everyone.
(06-16-2018, 04:37 AM)Chaos Wrote: Better to have 2 of them than just one, someone needs to dethrone those vaginas in the bay area.

Then they should build their teams the right way like those vaginas in the bay area.

-Draft good players
-Make some good trades
-Hire a talented coaching staff, led by someone who learned from 2 HOF coaches (Phil Jackson/Gregg Popovich)
-Make a major FA acquisition, sprinkle in some vets to plug-in holes every so often.

It's hard to hate them for building their team the right way (the Spurs way). Now their cockiness and the fact that Portland has turned into North Bay because of the transplants? Yeah, fuck them.
The fact that they had to recruit KD to beat a 33 year old is still laughable no matter which way you flip it. With a healthy Love/Kyrie and KD out of the picture Cavs potentially 3-peat but it is what it is at this point. Shit like that just goes to show why the NBA is losing money/ratings.
This thread is hilarious. Cavs three peat? Lol

Just cuz the finals werent competitive doesnt mean the playoffs as a whole werent good. Everyone knew what the real finals were and it the only disapointment is cp3 getting hurt. Rockets win it with a healthy cp3 o think

And im pretty sure kawhi wants out of san antonio cuz he wants that big $ shoe deal. His camp hasnt clued him in into why he currently does have a big deal apparently (you dont get sponsorships based solely on how good you are at bball. I.e. nick young has a big addidas deal cuz hes swagy P)
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
(06-18-2018, 12:00 AM)bj0rn Wrote: This thread is hilarious. Cavs three peat? Lol

First of all, fuckin welcome back dude!

Second, if Kyrie/Love don't get hurt in 15 and KD doesn't join in 17 a 3-peat could have absolutely happened. Cavs took GS to 6 games in 15 with Lebron/Delly/JR/Mozgov. Kyrie/Love absolutely could have been a factor. Take KD away from GS (The Finals MVP who averaged 35 ppg) and it goes Cavs favor. That's not as laughable as you think.
cmon bruh, cavs only win that cuz draymond likes kicking people in the dick. otherwise we are in warriors 4x land right now
(06-17-2018, 10:22 AM)Obsidian Wrote: The fact that they had to recruit KD to beat a 33 year old is still laughable no matter which way you flip it. With a healthy Love/Kyrie and KD out of the picture Cavs potentially 3-peat but it is what it is at this point. Shit like that just goes to show why the NBA is losing money/ratings.

That can go both ways though. It can be argued that LeBron had to go and recruit Love so he could win.
[+] 2 users Like sanderz1's post
Except they traded for Love and they weren't even thought to be 3rd in the conference at that point but ok.
(06-18-2018, 04:36 AM)bj0rn Wrote: cmon bruh, cavs only win that cuz draymond likes kicking people in the dick. otherwise we are in warriors 4x land right now

He wasn't suspended in games 6 or 7. What was their excuse for blowing that?
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
cavs home win and uncle drew 3 pointer?
lets get to whats really important here bros - who the fuck are the suns going to draft #1 ???????????
Ayton should be the runaway.

Not sure what Cavs will do. I think a PG would be their best bet. I'd like Collin Sexton personally if they don't trade the pick. He can work with or without Lebron.
Sexton is dope. Im rooting suns take bagley cuz ive been a huge bagley mark since he was a freeshman in hs. If ayton can shoot 38%+ from 3pt then im all in. Top of the board looks mega stacked this year
Cavs moved from 50/1 to 12/1 to win title next year. Lebron coming back?
It's a nice thought but we'll see. Not holding my breath.

There are trade rumors flying around. The one I wanna see happen is Kemba Walker for JR and the #8 pick. Love/Lebron/Kemba would be mighty interesting to see.
every rumor i hear is trash. no doubt oje will accept
I don't wanna get rid of Love either. If LB goes, sadly he will get moved shortly after. Kyrie's still stings even though I wasn't a fan of the method in which he left.
(06-19-2018, 02:09 PM)bj0rn Wrote: Cavs moved from 50/1 to 12/1 to win title next year. Lebron coming back?

That + Kawhi being thrown around landing there (doubtful)
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
Kawhi's a great player but the character issues and how he burned the Spurs irks me. I hope he does well but part of that bothers me. Kemba I think would be better in the sense that he does most of what Kyrie did and that's what I think they need more than another superstar just for the sake of pairing with Lebron to make him happy. Get a guy who can create his own shot, work in iso, can be ready for a Lebron assist when his number is called and can fill in when LB takes a rest. Kawhi is a ball dominant 2-way player and top 3 at full health but he wants to go to LA to be the star; not the co-star. Kemba's an All-star whose role would be a perfect fit with what the Cavs need.
[+] 1 user Likes Obsidian's post
City of Inglewood is being sued for an arena proposal with the Clippers, as it violates state law (what doesn't in California lol), the second lawsuit regarding an arena.

Meanwhile, Steve Ballmer still owns all the land next to the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums from when he attempted to move the Kings to Seattle a few years back. This is basically following the same formula as when the Sonics moved to OKC.

-Attempt to build arena in politically difficult region.
-Get sued
-Claim you tried
-Relocate

I'm sure most people in LA wouldn't notice if the Clippers went to Seattle anyways.
[+] 1 user Likes SacredCow's post