Olympics thread
ryan lochte said that
[Image: 6bjNXMu.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kush's post
(08-12-2016, 01:21 PM)BoneCrusher Wrote: Who was the guy the other night who said to reporters that "If Michael Phelps wasn't around, I'd be the Michael Phelps of swimming"

that just fucking blew my mind.

He just meant he'd be the one known for smoking weed and using bullshit cupping.
[Image: 3GJrzHf.jpg]
(08-12-2016, 01:29 PM)kush Wrote: ryan lochte said thatphlrpd

ya this. if phelps didnt exist lochte would be close to an Olympic god status... hes cool with phelps nows but we all know that wass nt a thing
[Image: topdogg.jpg]
Uncle Drew putting USA on his back.

Fucker has Kobe blood in him. Glad he plays for my team!
[Image: Fa12_AT_Ohio_State_Glove_15669-675x380.jpg]
(08-12-2016, 07:26 PM)bj0rn Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:29 PM)kush Wrote: ryan lochte said thatphlrpd
ya this. if phelps didnt exist lochte would be close to  an Olympic god status... hes cool  with phelps nows but we all know that wass nt a thing

understood that if phelps didn't exist he'd be a top swimmer for the USA, but, if phelps didn't exist he couldn't possibly be the phelps of swimming.. it was just funny to hear him say that shit, had to sit there and be like uhhhhh.
[Image: camsolo.jpg]

(08-12-2016, 10:21 PM)Obsidian Wrote: Uncle Drew putting USA on his back.

Fucker has Kobe blood in him. Glad he plays for my team!

uncle drew out there playing iso ball on a team full of all stars. he makes the most ridiculous shots at the most crucial time ive ever seen tho
[+] 1 user Likes bj0rn's post
I think its great that a black woman won a gold medal in swimming, but the stories being written are so annoying, I'm blind because my eyes won't stop rolling.

Its not "sad" that it took until 2016 for a black woman to win in this sport. Its not like they've not had the opportunity to compete, just never won and its no secret that black people aren't known for swimming. That's fair to say I think.

Also, they don't hand out medals for nothing. You still have to win them and it just so happens that it didn't happen until 2016. Congrats to her!

EYEROLL
[Image: jbotknife.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like suIcIdecL0wN's post
It's funny how they preach non diversity and then create news stories that divide us even more.

Alot of black people might not be able to swim, but just because a black person didnt win a gold medal or a medal in the fucking olympics doesnt represent the statistic of black people cant swim, they just cant swim like Kevin Coster in fucking water world like phelps can.

Ryan Lochte was robbed at gunpoint by people impersonating police officers. (Reuters)

Citing the USOC, the IOC first denied the report, which first was reported by Fox in Australia. The USOC later confirmed the incident, saying Lochte and three other U.S. swimmers, Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen, were in a taxi leaving France House early Sunday that was stopped by robbers posing as police.

Lochte told NBC’s Billy Bush the robbers’ car sideswiped the taxi.

“We got pulled over, in the taxi, and these guys came out with a badge, a police badge, no lights, no nothing just a police badge and they pulled us over,” Lochte told Bush. “They pulled out their guns, they told the other swimmers to get down on the ground — they got down on the ground. I refused, I was like we didn’t do anything wrong, so — I’m not getting down on the ground.

“And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, “Get down,” and I put my hands up, I was like ‘whatever.’ He took our money, he took my wallet — he left my cell phone, he left my credentials.”

Fortunately, by all accounts, no one was hurt. But this is only the latest in a string of incidents that have plagued the Games. A stray bullet somehow landed in an equestrian press conference. Rocks pelted a media bus (which some inside said were bullets). Two Australian rowing coaches were reportedly robbed at knifepoint last week. A Portuguese education minister was mugged. A group of Spanish sailors were held up at gunpoint in May. Two Australian Paralympic athletes were mugged in June.

so funny that the IOC basically called Lochte's mom a liar and confirmed they had talked to Lochte about the incident when they hadnt, now they're confirming its a act of local crime, because we have to keep having the olympics in shit holes of the world.

While I don't condone theft of any sort (or any crime against an American while being in a foreign country) it doesn't shock me one bit to hear of that happening whether it be true, fabricated or just false.

Rio has so many problems that it's virtually set up as a poverty war zone. Arguably the worst thing they could have done for that city was have both the World Cup and the Olympics there back to back. In the World Cup alone, hundreds of people were forced out of their homes simply because they could not afford it with a poverty level of income and rent being shot up in an effort to make the area more attractive. So in comes the Olympics and 10 billion dollars of US money used to help build facilities, stadiums;etc and more locals lose their homes, less resources become available as they prioritize the athletes and everyone part of the Olympic committee and yet some how there's shock that locals aren't happy.

It's like "Hey awesome! We get the World Cup/Olympics. Our healthcare system is garbage, our education system is fucked, 22% of the population live in lavel ghetto houses, our government is one step from 1950s Soviet Union but...we got national sports!
I think the IOC tried to sweep it under the rug but Lochtes mom blabbed early.. still, they shouldn't have tried to throw her under the bus when they knew the story was going to come out after that.

Not fabricated at all.. They literally go to impoverished shitholes and spend billions making this amazing lit up area that all the poor people can see for miles lmao.

lochte definitely got robbed

i bet USA -23 in bball today. seems like a good spot after they played a couple close games
kyrie is so fucking awful at defense to the point where it baffles me
Until Blatt came to the Cavs, it was never really emphasized on him. Bad habits are hard to break some times.
its just baffling to me cuz hes so elite on offensive scoring and has amazing athleticism..noway he should be this bad. he has no idea what to do in pnr situation at all and routinely gets torched by every other teams pg. he cant even stay infront of people. its really just mind boggling to me
random thought: if handball was popular in USA we would fucking destroy that shit. i have no idea why its not popular. i would much rather watch this than soccer. jake plummer knows the deal
USA just won gold, silver, and bronze in a women's hurdles event.

First ever sweep in Olympic history. Suck it, world. #USA
(08-17-2016, 04:11 PM)bj0rn Wrote: lochte definitely got robbed

Not so fast!
[+] 2 users Like genérico's post
it's funny how Brazil has camera systems but they still don't have proper plumbing

really makes you wonder, why?
[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mudkips's post
(08-18-2016, 04:56 PM)genérico Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 04:11 PM)bj0rn Wrote: lochte definitely got robbed

Not so fast!

major mistake on my part
Anything Locate did to that Brazilian bathroom was probably an improvement LOL
my prediction that Australia would medal in bball missed by 1 point.. damn
USA kicking that ass in the men's b-ball final. 41 pt lead with 8 mins left

[Image: F47Mb2J.jpg]
I can't believe that was the same team that blew out Australia, what a beat down.
[Image: 2qbeluq.jpg]

Ryan Lochte loses all 4 endorsement deals in 1 day LOL
(08-18-2016, 09:57 PM)Mudkips Wrote: it's funny how Brazil has camera systems but they still don't have proper plumbing

really makes you wonder, why?

when people start shitting in the streets instead of murdering and robbing people in them, you'll get solutions.

Gotta give props to obama. He issued an order that olympic athletes dont have to pay tax on their medals anymore. Crazy that they even had to at all.
[Image: 6bjNXMu.gif]