► Official NXT Thread
It’s hard to believe this company can make this and raw.

Mox talks about it in his new interview with Keller about how bad Haitch needs to take over
[Image: Chaos.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ceallach's post
Solid show. Breeze and Dream was supposed to prove something...didn’t work for me. Good if not great match but it felt like it was missing something.

Riddle is fantastic but I am still not sure if he can wrestle other people’s types of style. It almost always seems like people adapt to him.

The Shayna formula is wearing out its welcome. Let her win or cheat on her own without her crew.

The ladder match was entertaining. Definitely some botches but it felt cleaner than either of the MITB matches from a few weeks ago.

Watching the main event now.
[Image: WmfNhHX.png]
The main event was a career highlight for both men but it almost felt like too much...and I’m not a fan of the finish or the outcome.

Meltzer nailed it when he said the matches on this Takeover were better than Double or Nothing, but Double or Nothing was more memorable. NXT kind of has that effect and I’m not sure why. A lot of their events blend together in my mind. It could be the look, the stage, lighting, etc.
i saw it afterwards. i liked the show. i was entertained.

wanna bang io shirai too Smile
(06-02-2019, 11:40 AM)Chris Wrote: The main event was a career highlight for both men but it almost felt like too much...and I’m not a fan of the finish or the outcome.

Meltzer nailed it when he said the matches on this Takeover were better than Double or Nothing, but Double or Nothing was more memorable. NXT kind of has that effect and I’m not sure why. A lot of their events blend together in my mind. It could be the look, the stage, lighting, etc.

Nah, it’s the fact that in the back of our minds we know in the long run these matches don’t really matter. Vince will fuck it all up
[Image: 934677_573863302661411_609865347_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Opitiplex's post
NXT events are pretty much the best in the business. And I think plex hit the nail on the head, it's the fact we all know that until something happens, it is all gonna get fucked up when they make it to the main roster.

Back in the Balor/Nakamura/Joe etc days of NXT the hype was much more palpable, even whent he events werent as good.

Like, if I were to take Io/Bayzler on its own it would have been an incredible angle, that post match destruction, but I know that once she hits the main roster Vince is going to do something stupid to Io.

Stick her with the Take Out Express.
Anybody watch the NXT combine events on YouTube from last weekend? I had it on in the background for a couple hours today. It's like a 6 hour event, doing strength and conditioning drills.

I want to see more things like that, it was really interesting. They really should use the PC and coaches for main roster talent once in a while too, they have their shit together down there.
[Image: nls85v.jpg]
Yeah man, it's almost like everything the WWE does that Vince isn't directly in charge of is actually good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

could still catch the Takeovers on Taima
[Image: l02m7fg8.jpg]
(06-02-2019, 07:51 PM)Tim Wrote: Anybody watch the NXT combine events on YouTube from last weekend? I had it on in the background for a couple hours today. It's like a 6 hour event, doing strength and conditioning drills.

I want to see more things like that, it was really interesting. They really should use the PC and coaches for main roster talent once in a while too, they have their shit together down there.

No. Would you recommend any of it? Does Norman Smiley try to humble the ROH guys by making them do 500 Hindu squats?
I knew Takeover was coming but I got confused and thought it would be this week instead of last week. So I ended up not watching Takeover until yesterday and today cause I suck. Unfortunately I went in seeing Adam Cole would win the NXT title, which blows, I hate having spoilers and that kind of sucked just a bit of excitement away from that match for me since I knew the result. But the other 4 matches I didn't know who'd win, so that was good.

Riddle/Strong - I was going into Takeover hoping for an Undisputed Era sweep, but we didn't get that. However, Roderick Strong and Matt Riddle was physical and hard hitting and I loved it. I really like how Riddle will sometimes kick out of really high impact moves without actually moving his arm, he just sort of gyrates his whole body out of it and that translates to me thinking he's so badly hurt that he can't muster a normal kick out but he desperately does anything to get out of the pin. Also interesting to note that when Riddle hit a running knee strike the same way Kenny Omega does, Mauro called it the V Trigger. And also Roddy busting out a proper Lion Tamer. What did he mean by this?

Tag Ladder Match - Pretty freaking bonkers, much cleaner than money in the bank or most any main roster ladder match. Mega sick bumps throughout this, especially Kyle O'Reilly's back being scratched open. Really anything that happened to Kyle, he practically died a few times during the match. Loved the 6 man beatdown of Jaxon Ryker, screw that guy. Street Profits winning surprised me a bit, but I think that's great. They're entertaining, they're not bad in the ring (Especially Montez Ford that dude is awesome) and if they didn't get it here, I don't know that they ever would have. Really though, I'm just happy the Forgotten Sons didn't win. Anyone but them.

Dream/Breeze - I really really wanted Tyler to win this. I figured he wouldn't, but man I wanted him to. I feel like the crowd took a minute to recover from the ladder match but also to re-accept Tyler as a legit competitor. We all know he was an upper tier competitor during his original NXT days even if he never won the title, but his main roster run was basically a comedy jobber. But I think by the end of it, people were fully back on board. The mind games during this was off the charts, absolutely stellar. Post-match selfie was interesting, especially since Dream cheated to win but I guess we're just gonna ignore that? OH and Dream busting out a Lionsault that he's never done before...what did he mean by this?

Io Shirai/Shayna - Solid match, but it got much better once Shayna's friends came down and got beat down by Candice. That post-match beatdown surprised me, didn't expect that to happen but that honestly made me like Io more. That was nice and brutal.

Adam Cole/Johnny Garganno - Like I said before, knowing the result sucked some of the excitement out of it for me because all the near falls didn't mean as much since I knew they'd be just near falls, especially at the end. But DAMN this was good even still. I really really loved the ongoing story of Cole's left arm being f'd and Garganno's right knee being f'd and they never forgot it, even to the very end. Plus the mind games Cole employed and the strategy he employed to win, absolutely brilliant. Loved it.

As always, Takeover delivers. There always seems to be at least 1 5 star or near 5 star match, and then every other match is 3.5 stars or better and I'd say that continues with this one.
[+] 1 user Likes Zack T's post

I’m expecting Swerve, Garza, or Bronson to take it.
I have no idea who will, I'm just interested in seeing how it plays out.

Also interested in this Undisputed Era mission to get all the gold. I can believe Roderick Strong could get the North American Championship and I think he deserves a singles title. Not sure if they'll win the tag titles again though, that'd make them 3 time NXT Tag Team champions and so far no one has ever held any title more than twice, and even that's pretty rare. Only The Revival, Undisputed Era, Shinsuke, Joe, and Shayna have held the same title twice in NXT history.

Also, I love Adam Cole. "SHUT UP YOU MORON" - What a solid way to talk down to someone without sounding stupid because you can't curse much. Sounds exactly like something a jerk would say in real life.
Swerve is overrated to me and I just don’t like him overall. He could be fine on 205 Live but I’m just not sure his style will translate well into the WWE style.

Garza has a famous family...so...yeah.

And Bronson is kind of a mountain of a man. Almost an Earthquake type. They could push him as a monster now that Lars is gone.